PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about the LaTD please.

geteg
28-11-2007, 15:38
Hiyas. So as you all may or may not know, I am a new player looking for his first army. I've been thinking about going with a fast assault theme. And It's pretty much boiled down to 'nids or SMS for me. Tho I do remember hearing something about a chaos army called the lost and the damned. I also heard they can be pretty good for a fast assault playstyle.

So what can you guys tell me about this army? I think it i skinda old, but that doesn tbother me at all. Gimme some info , cuz I am interested to see what the playerbase thinks about these guys.

Thanks.

OrlyggJafnakol
28-11-2007, 15:41
I think they appeared in the Eye of Terror Codex thing a few years ago now. I think the new chaos codex made the list obsolete in the world of tournament gaming. But for fun or a modelling project they would be fantastic to build up.

CaptainSenioris
28-11-2007, 15:46
They were a list from codex eye of terror, based around the now defunkt Codex Chaos so are now no-longer leagal at tournaments.

The unique stuff consisted mainly of aspiring champion units, traitors, mutants, bigger mutants, spawn units and chaos hounds. The rest of the stuff was either borrowed from codex guard: Russes, basilisks helhounds and rough riders or codex chaos: liuetenants, possessed, daemons and defilers.

In non tourney scenarios you were allowed CSM allies as well.

Everything that was unique was a bit over costed so the army as a whole was very dificult to play, but it was certainly fun.

Gen.Steiner
28-11-2007, 15:49
The Lost and the Damned can be found in Codex: Eye of Terror and I suspect more than a few Warseer members will have copies of the list that used to be up on GW's website.

They are no longer tournament legal, and haven't been for many months (long before the new C: CSM came out) but they are still useable in friendly games, be they pick-ups in store or with a group of mates.

The list will still work with the new Codex: Chaos Space Marines as you merely use the options in the new 'dex rather than the old one.

They're a very fun list, and my particular LatD army never once lost a game (three Leman Russes, lots of Traitor units, and a Chaos Lieutenant leading it).

OrlyggJafnakol
28-11-2007, 15:50
Shouldn't be a problem to bung them into apocolypse games either. Imagine that? Facing hordes of mutants as they charge your gun line. If you are a rules obsessive (tournament gamer) avoid them like the plague but if you enjoy a challenge and love converting and painting give them a go mate. Get youself a copy of Eye of Terror from eBay and off you go!

Gen.Steiner
28-11-2007, 15:53
There is, I think, a datasheet for Apocalypse which gives you a LatD army. Not sure where it is tho', probably on the GW wobsite.

FruitSmack!
28-11-2007, 16:41
For what it's worth, you can find The Lost and The Damned army list (http://oz.games-workshop.com/games/40k/chaosspacemarines/gaming/lostandthedamned/default.htm) on the GW Australia website.

And the General is right, there is a cultist datafax, but it's not on the GW websites that I can find. I could have sworn that is in the Apocalypse book. Might want to check there if you have it (or someone could let us know that has a book handy).

I liked the LaTD list and really want to do a cultist army some day. I'm hoping that the rumors are true that Chaos Cultists will be back with the forthcoming Daemon codex.

aaron

jfrazell
28-11-2007, 16:54
LATD are the true hordes of chaos. When the Imeprium goes to war against chaos, its against the LATD, not the traitor legions which are a rare sight.

Fruitsmack posted the rules for them. other counts as options include:

IG codex-for traitors, especially ST/carapace rules for Sons of Sek or bloodguard
Witchhunters adversaries for another version of the list.
Ork codex keyed towards less mechanized options to represent the full range of muties.
IA-there is a traitor guard list in a recent one.

Brother Loki
28-11-2007, 17:22
The Apocalypse datasheet people remember seeing hasn't actually been made generally available yet - it was mentioned on posters promoting Apocalypse at some conventions before the espansion came out, but hasn't been seen since. I would imagine it will appear on GW's site at some time in the future.

Trickle
28-11-2007, 18:23
GW Australia website.

An agreement button that doesn't resize my browser for me :mad:

Clicking on pictures also don't handily resize my browser and throw it across the desktop :mad:

****** convicts cant do anything right.

FruitSmack!
28-11-2007, 19:19
Sorry?

If you're using Firefox, you can turn that resizing crap off. I didn't know this for the longest time. Now it's kept me from going spastic for the same reasons you mention. :)

aaron

catbarf
28-11-2007, 19:49
If you're using Firefox, you can turn that resizing crap off.

It severely angers me too. Where is this? I didn't see it in the options menu.

I recommend using the IA5 list. It's Guard, but with some very flavorful changes.

FruitSmack!
28-11-2007, 20:59
It severely angers me too. Where is this? I didn't see it in the options menu.

I recommend using the IA5 list. It's Guard, but with some very flavorful changes.

Tools > Options > Content

Click on the Advanced... button across from Enable JavaScript

Uncheck:
Move or resize existing windows
Raise or lower windows

Click OK

Click Ok

Restart Firefox

That should get kill most window resizing.

aaron

catbarf
28-11-2007, 22:53
Thanks a ton!

Trickle
29-11-2007, 10:05
My browser is released!
I now have the freedom to search the GW UK website in peace and harmony.

You have my thanks.