PDA

View Full Version : 2000pts Skaven w. Verminlord

polymphus
29-11-2007, 09:02
Right, so I recently aquired myself a verminlord and I thought I'd try him out on the battlefield. This is meant to be a take-all-comers list. Thoughts?

Lords

Verminlord
650pts

Heroes

Chieftain
Battle Standard Bearer
Warbanner
95pts

Warlock Engineer
Full Kit
Storm Daemon
Dispell Scroll
145pts

Core

25 Clanrats
Musician, Standard Bearer
140pts

25 Clanrats
140pts

25 Clanrats
140pts

25 Clanrats
140pts

20 Slaves
40pts

20 Slaves
40pts

20 Slaves
40pts

20 Slaves
40pts

5 Night Runners
Additional Hand Weapons
35pts

5 Night Runners
Additional Hand Weapons
35pts

5 Night Runners
Additional Hand Weapons
35pts

5 Night Runners
Additional Hand Weapons
35pts

2 Poisoned Wind Globadiers
20pts

20pts

20pts

20pts

Rat Swarm
Plague Rats
65pts

Rare

Warp-Lightning Cannon
100pts

Poly
Out

gerrymander61
29-11-2007, 09:24
Plague rats are a waste of points IMO. If you absolutely MUST have a tarpit, then you're going to need more than one base.

I would not play this list because, for me, there's too many units to move :P However, that is my playstyle, and if this is yours, go for it. In fact, why not drop the plague rat base for 2 packs of giant rats. Make for amazing flankers because they're m6, highly overlookable, and can negate ranks. And you can buy your BSB heavy armour with the left over points. Armour saves on your BSB = good thing.

Personally, I would try to make some points for some Tunnelling gutter runners. You currently dont have anything to stop your enemy from pointing all his guns at your Vermin Lord and teaching him the meaning of pain. When I play, I often take a screaming bell, and even jucier target for cannons and the like, but i also grab 2 units of tunnelling gutter runners, to put those cannnos out of the game.

Post a battle report becasue i am curious as to how the vermin lord will work in a 6th edition list.

bucheonman
02-12-2007, 14:36
Sorry for being out of touch, I have not played with my Skaven for over 2 years. Maybe 3.

When I last played, the Vermin Lord has been taken out of the game. is he back legally, or just as optional or special character rules?

What about the Doomwheel?

wildkarrde0
02-12-2007, 19:27
the doom wheel has disappeared as well although you do get the warp lighting cannon very random very skaven

bucheonman
03-12-2007, 00:40
The Doomwheel and Vermin Lord disappeared a few years ago, but by the sounds of it, the Vermin Lord is back.

The Doomwheel was also very Skaven. It moved 3d6.

fubukii
03-12-2007, 18:09
ok what i would do is drop the extra handd weapons on all the ngiht runners, they aint worth thier points i would drop 2 units of them gicing you a extra 90 pts to spend, Id giv all the slaves musicians, drop the plague rats 65, drop the posion wind globes 80 pts to spend now for a combined extra points total of 235 pts i would add a tunnel team or 2 to kill warmachines, and either another cannon or some jezzails.

Dwarf Runelord 45
18-12-2007, 01:46
Confused here did I here one of my favorite skaven characters is back?!?!