PDA

View Full Version : 2250 O/G All-Comers

Bingo the Fun Monkey
29-11-2007, 21:50
Characters:

Savage Orc Warboss: Akkrit Axe, Enchanted Shield, Kickin Boots, Boar, Light Armor
Black Orc Big Boss: BSB, boar, Effigy of Mork, Best Basha, Heavy Armor
Black Orc Big Boss: boar, Armor of Gork, Spear, Heavy Armor, Shield
Goblin Shaman: Lvl1 Staff of Sneaky Stealin, Wolf

Core:

23 Orc Boyz: (joined by BSB), Command, Shields
23 Orc Boyz: (joined by Blorc), Command, Shields
25 Orc Boyz: Command, Shields
15 Savage Orc Boyz: Boss, Musician, 2 Choppas
10 Orc Arrer Boyz
5 Wolf Boyz: spears, musician
5 Wolf Boyz: (joined by shaman) bows, musician

Special:

5 Savage Orc Boar Boyz: Big Uns, Spears, Shields, Command, Banner of Butchery
Boar Chariot
Boar Chariot
Rock Lobba: bully

Rare:

Doom Diver

Entreri Bloodletter
29-11-2007, 23:24
Seems alright, only a few things I would change/are illegal:

Give your savage orc general light armor, no reason not to except for fluff reasons

Not sure what you mean by Idol Of Gork( no such item) the Idol of Mork exists but you can't use it on the BO because it is arcane. Another item worth considering is Mork's Sprit Totem for the extra dispel dice. However, you can't give him a magic weapon if he has that banner.

I don't really see a reason to give a hero level character the Armor of Gork, either spend it on a nice magic weapon or save the points and spend them elsewhere

Fast cav seems like a dangerous place to put the shaman, especially as animosity can get you stuck in bad places. Seems like a decent alternative would be to put him in the orc archer unit, but ultimately thats up to you and who you're up against. You could also consider mounting him in a wolf chariot, that's always fun too.

Seems like a decent list, just don't let your savage boar boyz get shot up.

Bingo the Fun Monkey
30-11-2007, 05:32
Sorry, it was supposed to be the Effigy of Mork, I was reading about the campaign pack called IoG before I posted this. Silly me.

As for the light armor, I had simply forgotten to write it. It was included in my calculations.

I've tried having 'itty heroes, but I find that they're still pretty vulnerable to even RnF attacks. His enhanced survivability will allow him to make the most of his already decent stats, imo. What magic weapon would you suggest?

The gobbo shaman is in a unit of fast cavalry that isn't intended for combat. I've used this fella and unit before and was quite happy with the results. Putting him in with the archers is an even worse way of going about things as they aren't very mobile, and if animosity takes them into charge range of the enemy (with a result of 6) my flee reaction is 33% more likely to fail: resulting in a dead shaman.

Mork's Spirit Totem is nice, but the BSB is there for the re-roll, not magic protection. His job is to make sure the line holds and stomp some faces along the way. Again, the best way to do this is to make sure he can stay alive. With the Effigy and the Best Basha, WS3 opponets will need 6s to hit him, and just about everyone else a 5. If he's in combat with a lord level character then I did something wrong.

Wolf Chariot shamans are fun. I like giving those a dispell scroll and a shiny bauble. Again, this list is not built around expendable elements that are expected to die.

Thankyou for the suggestions, though.

Entreri Bloodletter
02-12-2007, 22:46
Ok the effigy/best basha combo makes sense. Hadn't thought of that before and seems like it could work pretty well.

Well I saw that you posted in my thread so perhaps you could try out the Blood Axe character? He costs almost the same as yours so you don't have to move much around to fit him in.

Another possible setup for that character is keeping the Armour of Gork, but losing the boar and taking advantage of Armed to da Teef rule. That way you get either more attacks(2 choppas) or same at a higher strength(GW). To compensate for losing a lot of your armour save just place him at the corner of the unit so only 1-2 enemies can even target him.