PDA

View Full Version : Stubborn and characters.

insomnia
30-11-2007, 12:23
I have read a few times that stubborn units cant use the generals leadership.
I cant seem to find this passage in the rulebook, could someone point me to the correct page? (as far as i can see it say nothing about that they cant use it on concerning stubborn rules at page 53, am i wrong here)

If they cant use generals leadership will they be able to use a joining nobles higher leadership?

If the special character Korhil joins a unit, he is stubborn as well and have higher leadership, can i use his?

If korhil is the general of the army, could all stubborn units use his leadership even when he is not in thier unit?

Elrond
30-11-2007, 13:36
For any break test you must use the General Leadership (find it on character chapter of the army book pag. 78) within 12" but that leadership, if the general is not stubborn, suffer any malus from combat resolution. Instead You may choose yet to use combat broken stubborn unit leadership if better. Same thing for non stubborn character within the unit, you may choose to use better leadership among characters or stubborn unit.
Answers for all of your Khoril questions are YES!

Falkman
30-11-2007, 13:40
Stubborn units can use the general's leadership as long as it is higher than their own, but if it should go lower (due to negative modifications in CR and stuff) they must use their own unmodified Ld.
To sum it up, they can't use their stubborn rule together with a characters Ld.

T10
30-11-2007, 14:22
Pah. "Malus!"

As far as stubborn units within the General's "command range" are concerned, calculate two separate leadership values:

1) The unit's Stubborn leadership.
2) The General's leadership modified by combat resolution.

Use the best value.

-T10

Elrond
03-12-2007, 14:28
Remember that you MUST use always the best leadership anyway.

theunwantedbeing
03-12-2007, 14:43
The rules for stubborn are pretty clear.

You use the highest result after modifiers in break tests.
So ld10 modified by 12 will get beaten by stubborn ld3.
As -2 is lower than 3 is.