PDA

View Full Version : Did the UK know?

Alco Engineer
16-09-2005, 03:24
Ok. So this morning my Fiance was reading an NW magazine (celeb gossip etc) and she read an article about the UK Big Brother winner Nadia. It said that when in the BB house nobody knew she was a trans-sexual. Yet in Australia they picked it the first night. It also said she's now being treated for depression as a result of it being so obvious.

Is this true? Did the UK know their BB winner was a transexual? Or is this just the normal dribble that these magazines put out??

starlight
16-09-2005, 03:35
Just what the [Censored by the Inquisition] are you on about?

What is BB and who the heck is Nadia and why is your fiance being treated for dribble depression? :eek:

New Cult King
16-09-2005, 04:01
I have no idea man, I asked the same question of my missus, who was a huge BB fan. She picked it before the housemates did!

Alco Engineer
16-09-2005, 05:01
I know. I thought it was at least worth asking. I was just amazed that they'd suggest the UK had no idea if everyone knew. I couldn't beleive those Celebrity Gossip magazines would lie to me would they?? I thought Angelina and Brad really are pregnant.......or Paris Hilton only chose to marry Paris so she could yell her own name in bed??

I don't know it just confused me so I figured I'd put the question out there.

New Cult King
16-09-2005, 05:06
Yep. It's just one of those mysteries.

Sai-Lauren
16-09-2005, 08:05
BB is Big Brother. Nadia was a contestant on the last (?) series.

Put it this way, if I, as someone who utterly detests the idea of those sorts of "reality" tv shows knew Nadia was TS, then yes, the UK knew - although it only came out via the tabloids (who go after anyone in those series to improve circulation by pandering to the no-lifes who make up the majority of those who watch BB and think it's entertainment :rolleyes: ).

Can you tell I don't like Big Brother? ;)

Jedi152
16-09-2005, 08:07
It said that when in the BB house nobody knew she was a trans-sexual.
We the audience knew from day 1 - the people in the house didn't know (apart from the ones she told)

And in fact a few of the guys in the house were talking in the first week, and decided that they thought she was.

Rabid Bunny 666
16-09-2005, 08:41
i know what you mean, but another thought

you know you get the voice inside your head when you're thinking, does she get her female or male voice?

Kohhna
16-09-2005, 09:50
you know you get the voice inside your head when you're thinking, does she get her female or male voice?
Probably female as that is how she would feel inside herself.

Ravening Wh0re
16-09-2005, 09:54
Hell I knew as soon as I first set eyes on her. I'd assumed most others knew (before they confirmed it).
She's certainly not of Thai standard ;)

Yodhrin
16-09-2005, 11:36
A more apt question would be: "Did the UK care?"

I certainly didnt, and dont, but then reality television is just a way for sad little people with no life to live vicariously through a collection of inbred ****** put together by even more moronic TV creators.

The first series of Big Brother at least had a kind of pseudo-scientific purpose, that being "what happens if we stick all these different people in a small space and deny them any contact with the outside world?". Now it's just a really, really crappy gameshow.

Piku
16-09-2005, 11:44
She still alive?
I thought that all Big Brother contestents were executed by pirhannas at the end of the season.

No hang on, that was a dream, a beautful feeding frenzy of a dream.

Rabid Bunny 666
16-09-2005, 12:24
i'd put sentry guns instead of cameras. awesomest

cpl_hicks
16-09-2005, 12:32
you also get the people like me who watch big brother cause there is nothing else on at that time of the night except really dodgy films

Wolf Scout Ewan
16-09-2005, 12:43
It wa so freaking obvious!! How can anyone not tell?

Alco Engineer
17-09-2005, 01:25
I thought it was obvious too but I can't beleive Tabliod magazines would just make it up.

I admit I didn't mind BB. It was better when I was at uni pulling all nighters (Assignments) and had the Tv on in the background and they had uplate on until 1.30 or 2am.

tzeentchgiant
17-09-2005, 01:33
Tabloids are tabloids, if she is suffering from depression, that's a bit of a shame, the tabloids lying about it in an attempt to stir up some readers is also fairly desperate.

Poor her, and I think veerone knew by about a week in, I only knew because I delivered the papers (front page news :wtf: ).

Anyway, toodles

TG

Shinobi
17-09-2005, 11:03
Yeah, quite a lot of people knew that she was a trans-gender. Not the housemates but almost the entire public did. I don't watch Big Brother by the way, it's just that about almost every girl in my school does :rolleyes: