PDA

View Full Version : Question Re: Auto-Hits Spells, Effects

Fulgrim's-Chosen
30-11-2007, 19:41
hello all.

Here's the situation...

If you have a spell or effect that makes it so your attacks against a given unit/target "automatically hit" (various spells do this, like the Slaanesh one called Enrapturing Spasms) ... AND your unit that is engaging the one affected by the spell has POISONED ATTACKS as part of its profile...how is that resolved ?

In a recent game, I was attacking a Enrapturing Spasmed' enemy unit with some Mounted Daemonettes. They get their normal Daemonette attacks as well as 1-Poison Attack from each of the Mounts they are riding.

Because the spell effect the enemy unit was under made it so all of my attacks "hit automatically"....should I just assume I rolled the minimum needed to score a hit with the Mounts, as based on their WS versus that of the enemy unit....OR do you assume all the Mounts rolled "6's" - thus getting the Poisoned Effect to activate ?

OR...do you actually have to roll those Mount attacks, just to see if any of them turn up as a 6 ...and thus activate the Poison feature...and if no 6's are rolled, then you just assume they all auto-hit without the poison effect ?

Just wondering how this is normally played out by veteran gamers, in tournaments, etc. . . .

WLBjork
30-11-2007, 20:50
None of those.

You haven't rolled to hit, so therefore you cannot have scored any Poison hits.

Lord Kaiaphas
02-12-2007, 02:33
Kind of like with the Tomb Scorpion, who has poison and killing blows: any poisoned hits cannot get a killing blow because no 'to wound' is rolled.

Briohmar
02-12-2007, 11:27
I had the same thing happen to my Slaangors carrying the Vitriolic Totem. I accidentally Spasmed my opponent's unit of black orcs, not that it really matters much, but it meant I couldn't try the poison. Its overkill I know, especially since the unit had the BSB with Beast banner, so I had 9 hits at S6 and 4 hits at S5, but still iit would have been cool to add poison as well.