PDA

View Full Version : 2000pts Beast Khorne

Wargamejunkie
01-12-2007, 05:06
Hey guys and gals.

Im moving from skaven to beasts of chaos so I would like some help. Well here it goes...

Beastlord
w/ Mark of Khorne, Crown of Horns,Great Weapon, and Chaos Armour-181

Wargor
w/ Mark of Khorne, Heavy Armour, Great Weapon, Collar of Khorne-128

Wargor
BSB w/Gore Banner, Mark of Khorne and Heavy armour-149

Wargor
w/Mark of Chaos Undivided,Great Weapon, and Heavy Armour-68

2 Beast Herds
8 Gor, 8 Ungor with full command (123)-246

Beast Herd
7 Gor, 14 Ungor with full command-140

5 Chaos Warhounds-30

10 KhornGors
w/musician-171

7 Chaos Furies-105

5 Chosen Knights of Khorne
w/Musician and Champion-30

3 Minotaurs of Khorne
w/Great Weapons-183

5 Centagors
w/musician-92

Giant-205

Total-1998
Power Dice-2
Dispel Dice-8

Against magic heavy armies the BSB and Wargor with collar of Khorne go into the super herd to give me a strong meat shield against magic armies.

The undivided wargor will go into the herd that ambushes if I decide to ambush.

The only question I have is if I take a wargor with the mark of Nurgle and a wargor with the mark of khorne can I put them into the same herd, I was a little confused when reading the mixing marks part of the armybook.

Thanks for the imput.

Khorghan
01-12-2007, 06:01
The army looks pretty solid, might want to try and fit it a few more warhounds, im assuming the pack you have right now is used to make sure the Khorne knights arnt baited,but you have a few more expensive khorne marked units.

its 2:00 in the morning were i am and im really tired so i dont feel like digging up my book and checking the marks in the unit thing- ill edit tomorow when i confirm but i think you cant have 3 marks (khorne, nurgle, undivided) or 2 marked champions in the same unit.

Lyquis
01-12-2007, 23:55
2 Beast Herds
8 Gor, 8 Ungor with full command (123)-246

I would make both of these units 7Gors, 10 ungors, it will cost 1 more point but will increase your panic threshold by another model(going from four to five).

SevenSins
02-12-2007, 14:02
I believe you can put both a khorne marked and a nurgle marked character in the same unit as long as the unit is undivided (or unmarked), however to include someone with the MoN your general must be undivided AND you'll need a unit or chariot with the mark of nurgle changing your list quite a bit.
Like already mentioned some more warhounds would be nice :)
(and 30 points for 5 chosen knights? I must get me some of those after all :D )

redyellowpinkgreen
02-12-2007, 21:06
i'd recommend more khornegor in the unit and more furies in their unit, khornegor will get shot and furies will suffer from instability and die, i've used both units and discovered this. also, how many units will be ambushing? decide carfully when to ambush as if they scatter it can scupper a perfectly good plan i.e. the other day we had a 500pts tourney. my beast herd were supposed to come on behind the high elf line but scattered to the egde of the table, got shot, failed panic check and ran off teh edge :(. if your giant is craging a unit pair it with something else, even on stubborn LD of 9 (i think) mine has been run down by goblins due to lack of ranks, banners, outnumbering and sumtimes kills. use him on his own against tree men, other giants etc. furies look awesome on paper but remember tehy cant negate ranks due to being skirmishers, hope it helps!