PDA

View Full Version : 2000 pts O&G tournament list!! uberpowa'!!!

Saberjack
01-12-2007, 08:50
what do you think about this list????

Gorbad Ironclaw: 310
general

Goblin shaman: 127
2lv, wolf, dispel scroll

2lv, wolf, dispel scroll

2lv, wolf, dispel scroll

20 orc boys: 135
shields, standard, musician

23 night goblins: 123
2 fanatics, musician

2 fanatics, musician

2 fanatics, musician

22 night goblins: 120
2 fanatics, musician

8 spearchukka: 280

tot: 2000 pts
5 cp
5dp
215 models

please comment!!!!

Gimp
01-12-2007, 09:49
Thats not suck a good list for many reasons

1. you have too many large foot-slogging units. you will either have to spread them across the boarded and risk the chance that some of the units wont get it into combat or place them behind each other and risk animosity staling your advance. Cut back on the units and get some fast moving units to place on your flanks like squig hoppers, wolf riders and maybe some boar riders.

2. While 3 goblin mages is not bad and actualy might dish out some magic pain Gorbad Ironclaw is a waist. With only a 3+ armour save you will find that your Generals Leadership and Battle Standard go to a range of 6 inches very soon. Get a Blavk Orc Warboss instead.

3. 8 spear chukkus is a bit to much. There will not be enough hills to place all of them on and if you do its gonna make a nice target for flyers. Also try finding targets with all your units blocking line of sight (if you dont place them on a hill)/

Sorry dude its not a uberpowa list. :eyebrows:

Gimp
01-12-2007, 09:50
and i forgot one last thing

your orc units need champions. They give you and extra attack, strength and weapon skill (always handy)

Chaos Undecided
01-12-2007, 09:55
Personally think your units are too small individually for Greenskins, also this many small units you could end up with your army being crippled by animosity tests.

Plus if you insist on taking Gorbad Ironclaw imo you might as well be making use of his rule allowing as many units of orcs upgraded to Big'Uns as you like.

Gimp
01-12-2007, 11:44
he is right

30-35 for Night Goblin units

24-30 for Orcs

but avoid the Big-Uns at all costs all they do is provide Victory Points for your enmey

brambleten
01-12-2007, 12:02
try to find some space for some spider riders for those important flank charges

Saberjack
01-12-2007, 13:45
thanks for your critics...i wrote uberpowa' to attract you aswering^^
so, gorbad and his units will stay repared from charges and other weapons that could wound gorbad(i know 3+ armor save sucks), in this way he can give his Ld to all units...deployng compactly..
sorry but light cavalry s useless for me because it's an easy target for a shooting enemy army...here in italy using gorbad is the only way to play O&G, 'cause of steamtank, treeman, new he dragons, heavy cavalry ecc ecc...

i'm not afraid of number of models in each unit because for the panic tests they use gorbad's Ld..

however, thank you ALL for answering me...please continue!!!
i'll try this list as soon as possible!!
see ya
flavio

Gimp
01-12-2007, 15:22
Well if you want to use lots of blocks of infantry then go for it but at least make your blocks of infantry better. More Globlins and Orcs are needed in the units while Orc Champions are a must.

also try using units that will not get shot at like Spider Riders. If you use them well then the enemy will never be able to shoot them and tehn you can bring them out for charge blocking.

Also with a slow army you are gonna need lots of magic to kill the fast moving unit. Maybe take some powere stones or enchanted.