PDA

View Full Version : size of different titans

the hivemind
01-12-2007, 14:46
hello people im writing a little background material and i would want to get some aproximate heights of some of the titans. like the warhound, warlord, imperator, and those in between. i would be thankful if someone could help me with this.

Mechanicus
01-12-2007, 14:51
Warhound is 14m at rest. Reaver is approximately 20-25m by my estimate. Warlord is around 25-30m by the same logic, Imperator is 43m and Warmonger we don't know about. Knight 'titans' are probably 10m or less.

Hope I helped. :)

khorne666
01-12-2007, 14:55
I don't claim to be an expert on Titans but why would the knight be smaller that a warhound? Are warhounds not the scouts of imperial titans?

Mechanicus
01-12-2007, 14:59
Yep, but Knight 'titans' are one-man titans occasionally serving as vanguards to a Titan Legion, and I included them in that list only for completeness' sake - I don't generally classify them as Titans.

Griffty
01-12-2007, 15:00
Knights are smaller becuase they are lighter vehicles than titans, they also operate in loose formations or squadrons which is pretty difficult if you're titan sized .
They carry less destructive weaponry and have lighter armour.

As an aside I never liked the knight models or fluff, they just seemed unnecessary, not good enough in titan scale battles, not as useful at battlefield/40 k sized engagements.

yaspro
01-12-2007, 15:05
in the stories a imperial titan could fir over a hundred space marines in one titan. i believe they are bigger then 30 m they should be about 50-60 but not overly huge because in one story one of them stood on a terminator guy who survived so the weight should be compromised by the size.

Mechanicus
01-12-2007, 15:12
That Titan was likely the Imperator, and they never said it would be comfortable for the hundred marines. :D The Imperator and Warhound heights are recorded in background (Reaver and Warlord aren't, and are educated guesses) and make the most sense to me. They're not stupidly large, but still impressive enough.