PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Kings 2000 Points

GrandDukeJerot
01-12-2007, 16:31
Hi, I'm playing a 2000 point battle later today, probably in about 6-12 hours, so I just decided that I might as well post it up here from some advice. I am playing Dark Elves, but I like to write balanced lists for play. Any feedback is welcome.

Tomb King - 269
Spear of Antarhak, Armor of Ages, Collar of Shapesh, Shield

Heroes -
Tomb Prince - 137
Sword of Might, Enchanted Shield, Light Armor

Priest - 160
Cloak of Dunes

Priest - 280
Casket of Souls

Core -
24 Skeletons - 230
Shield, Standard Bearer, Musician (Joined by Prince), BoTUL

2 Scarab Swarms - 90
3 Chariots - 120

Special -
19 Tomb Guard - 246
Musician, Standard Bearer, Joined by King

Tomb Scorpion - 85

Tomb Scorpion - 85

Tomb Scorpion - 85

Rare -
Screaming Skull Catapult - 110
Skulls of the Foe

Skulls of the Foe

Total - 1997 Points

kyinpie
01-12-2007, 22:47
u got too maney rare choices!! 1 for each of the catapults and 1 for the casket.

personaly i would drop the prince for another priest, and drop the block units. also i would drop one scorpion.
well saying that, it depends how you play!! i like to play offensivly, and have 2 or 3 units to sacrifice, such as light horsemen and hard hitting units like chariots to try to get flanks or pick up traps set by the horsemen. also i like to have a king on a chariot!!
but, like i said it depends on your type of play!!

here is a quick example of something i would use

king
chariot
light armour
*enchanted shield
*golden ankhra
*sward of might
*chariot of fire

hierophant
*cloak
*jar

priest
steed
*casket
*collar
*serpants staff

priest
steed
*staff of ravening

chariots x4 (king joins this unit)
banner
*war banner

chariot x3
chariot x3
carrion x5
swarms x3 (keep in front of the casket to protect the front, and to use the collar on)
scorpion
scorpion
catapult (foes)

sacrifice units
light horsemen x5
light horsemen x5
(if u use you scorpions to kill charectors then they are sacrifice units too!! cause they cant take block units!!!)

well that leaves you 31 points to spare!!
but that seems to work against the avearge army, but chaos warriors, orgre, etc. you'll struggle a bit!!
just remember that the magic phase is VERY important!! keep ur charectors together, except the priest on the casket!!
hope this helps a bit!!

REMEMBER: this is my way of playing, im an offensive player, this wont work as a defensive list!!

good luck

GrandDukeJerot
02-12-2007, 00:17
Tomb King - 269

Heroes -
Tomb Prince - 137

Priest - 160
Cloak of Dunes

Priest - 280
Casket of Souls

Core -
24 Skeletons - 230
Shield, Standard Bearer (Joined by Prince), BoTUL

2 Scarab Swarms - 90

3 Chariots - 120

3 Chariots - 120

Special -
19 Tomb Guard - 246
Standard Bearer, Joined by King

Tomb Scorpion - 85

Tomb Scorpion - 85

Tomb Scorpion - 85

Rare -
Skulls of the Foe

Thank you for the advice! I just realized that it is one catapult too many. If I drop that, I'm down to 1887 points. 113 Points of extra. By dropping my musicians, I can get another unit of chariots. And also, for getting rid of the prince for another priest, I'm not so sure. The prince is the one thing that reliably holds together the unit of skeletons. And do you really think 3 Tomb Scorpions is too much? Maybe instead of another unit of Chariots, I should get Carrion or Ushabti instead. Any ideas?

Saberjack
02-12-2007, 12:20
nice list guy!
there is only one problem: where is the icon of rakaph????
you must give it to tomb guard..recently a player explained me what that unit is REALLY able to do...trust me use that banner...it will become a nightmare for your opponents...

wildkarrde0
02-12-2007, 13:33
the Icon is not that great! yes it make you very manovarable but its not the be all or end all I would have get the banner of the undying legion on them rather than the skellies as they will attracted less attention than the tomb guard as thats where the TK will be going and the Tomb guard really need to get stuck in as fast as possible and as you have.

just some thoughts I'm not a TK expert

kyinpie
02-12-2007, 14:44
And do you really think 3 Tomb Scorpions is too much? Maybe instead of another unit of Chariots, I should get Carrion or Ushabti instead. Any ideas?
i would vote for 2 scorpions and 5x carrion. carrion to take warmachines or sit behind a unit which i intend to charge soon (if the unit flees from combat they will be distroyed by the carrion!!! and they cant choose to flee from the charge!!!) i use the scorpions to go after warmachines, coz no-one is silly enough to leave a charector out of unit when a scorpion is near or due to come up!!! also if there are not many warmachines, i send the carrion after the one or two and send the scorpion into a block unit after the enemy lord choice and direct all my attacks on him, killing blow doesnt come around very often, but worth it!!! if successfull or not its well worth the risk if your successfull you get doudle if not tripple your points back! or i will go at the main unit and direct all my attacks on the BSB so when my main units charge in they have less combat resulotion, and again, you'll earn double your points back!!
so personally i wouldsay that at 2k, 3 scorpions is a bit too much, but i wouldnt bother with usabti, not in this type of list, i'd go with 5x carrion as explained above!

you have pointedup the skeli unit wrong!!
skeli x24
shield and hand weapon
standard bearer
=202
plus light armour
=226

and the tomb gaurd
TG x19
standard bearer
=240

and your priest
priest
cloak
=135
add the jar
=160

and your prince
prince
la
enchanted shield
sword of might
=132

and your king
=268

(i'll pm u a recumended list!)

hope this helps!

GrandDukeJerot
02-12-2007, 15:37
I took all your advice and put it into a list. Saberjack, I looked at the Icon, and while it is a cool item, I don't think it is worth the points. Wildkarrde0, I did move the banner. Thanks for the advice. Kyinpie, I fixed the values. The reason the Skeleton unit looked off was because I had the banner of the undying legion, but it was still off points.

Tomb King - 267

Heroes -
Tomb Prince - 132

Priest - 160
Cloak of Dunes, Hieratic Jar

Priest - 280
Casket of Souls

Core -
24 Skeletons - 225
Shield, Light Armor Standard Bearer (Joined by Prince),

2 Scarab Swarms - 90

3 Chariots - 120

Special -
19 Tomb Guard - 265
Standard Bearer, Joined by King, BoTUL

5 Carrion - 120

Tomb Scorpion - 85

Tomb Scorpion - 85

Rare -
Skulls of the Foe

Total - 2000 exactly.

Rattlehead
03-12-2007, 15:37
Perhaps I'm to late with these advise but even so..

The King should not have the spear of anthrak id he's in a TG unit. The ONLY choise for him would be the Destroyer of Eternities. Free the points by loosing 4 skellies and loosing the spear. It will be worth it!