PDA

View Full Version : Wow, that was...Unexpectedly hilarious.

MysteryGilgamesh
01-12-2007, 23:34
1750, my Eldar vs. Necrons. I've Striking Scorpions infiltrated deep near a 20 strong Necron Warriors unit with ResVeil Lord (as if any other Necron Lords exist?).

He gets 1st turn, Veil's towards the Scorpions, and drives 5 Destroyers towards my 10 strong Harlequin unit.

Lays 40 shots into the Scorpions, killing 8 out of 10, Harlequins are missed due to VoT.

My turn...2 Scorpions shoot, then slam into the 20 strong Necron with Lord. Kills 5, takes no casualties...Then breaks them! He rolled an 11 on Ld. Scorpions don't manage to run them down, but they flee 8'...And my consolidate means 2 Scorpions, by turn 2, chase a full unit of Necrons with Lord, off the table.

Meanwhile, the Harlequins ate the Destroyers and flew right into a 20 strong Warrior unit right behind the Destroyers.

Result? Turn 2 Phase Out.

Everyone was laughing, even the Necron guy.

kishvier
02-12-2007, 00:28
That is why some people love 40k, freak incidence when the impossible happens.:D

Rikens
02-12-2007, 01:10
Even the incarnations of Death fear the Bunnies. That's why Khorne Berzerkers wear them, they know the mojo of bunnification!

Vesica
02-12-2007, 01:38
Even the incarnations of Death fear the Bunnies. That's why Khorne Berzerkers wear them, they know the mojo of bunnification!

idk why but that hade me roflmao.

Lord Cook
02-12-2007, 02:30
idk why but that hade me roflmao.

Really? Because I just had a :wtf: moment.

Zagstruk
02-12-2007, 03:17
Humor always makes a good game, like Ork Wartrukk with Rokkit downing a monolith on the first shot of the first turn, the rest of the game doesn't matter at that point, you've had your dose of humor

azimaith
02-12-2007, 03:18
Yep, that sort of stuff happens on occassion. On the plus side it means you get another game in right :P.

AgeOfEgos
02-12-2007, 03:27
He gets 1st turn, Veil's towards the Scorpions, and drives 5 Destroyers towards my 10 strong Harlequin unit.....

Meanwhile, the Harlequins ate the Destroyers and flew right into a 20 strong Warrior unit right behind the Destroyers.

Result? Turn 2 Phase Out.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v694/AgeOfEgos/punchline.gif

"Looks like a drive-by Frank, Eldar style."

"Yeaaaaggghhhhhhhh......"

/Got nothin'

Grand Master Raziel
02-12-2007, 04:08
Had something similar happen in my first Apocalypse game last night. It was Necrons vs a mixed force of SMs, Daemonhunters (mine), and Tau. One of our opponents did a Flank March with a big squad of Warriors and a supporting Lord, plus a squadron of 5 Destroyers. I still had a small squad of ISTs and a Inducted IG Command Squad in reserve, so I had them pop in behind the Necron Flankers. Did a number on the Destroyers the turn they arrived, then the following turn assaulted the Warriors. The Lord was towards the back of the unit to keep him safe from stuff in front of the unit, but my two squads came from behind. Both the IST Sergeant and the IG JO had power weapons, and both were able to get in BTB with the Lord. With that total of 8 power wepaon attacks, between them they scored 6 hits and 5 :eek: wounds! Lord didn't have an Invulnerable save, so down he went, and he failed his WBB roll. Both of my boys survived the game, too, so today I took out the old green stuff and awarded them decorations for valorious Necron shanking! :D

As for our side's Flank March...let's just say that a LRC full of Grey Knights led by a Grand Master makes a much better flank march unit! :D

Imperialis_Dominatus
02-12-2007, 05:00
As for our side's Flank March...let's just say that a LRC full of Grey Knights led by a Grand Master makes a much better flank march unit! :D

Or a stinking Baneblade....

Tehkonrad
02-12-2007, 06:59
true or a squiggoth

Darnok
02-12-2007, 11:25
Wow, nice one. :D

Everyone was laughing, even the Necron guy.

Good to hear that there are people taking stuff like this in a relaxed way. :)

Grazzy
02-12-2007, 11:34
These are the things that make 40k so great. A single S8 rokkit against a Land raider, or a fire warrior taking down a daemon prince in combat.

BlastmasterJ
02-12-2007, 12:50
Best thing i had was that **** Baroth? of the eldar, with his wierd attack thing.
He was jumping between my squads of Ork boyz n swatting em like flys.
He then decideds to move across the field from squad to squad, landing in a squad of grots....who took him out. MUHAHA!
The grot pile on kicked his ass.

Good times

J

Gobbo666
02-12-2007, 13:01
Or a stinking Baneblade....

Baneblades cant flank march they get squished by AT fire then i would say

Stingray_tm
02-12-2007, 13:13
I have some nice experiences of streaks spanning several consecutive plays.

1. The Eldar Farseer of DOOOOOOM!!!! (to himself)
In a game versus Eldar it was the last action of the game, when the Eldar player decided to cast some attack spell (can't remember the name) on my Nids. It would have made no difference to the outcome of the game (draw), but he went for it anyway, just for fun. Of course the Farseer fried his brain. Nothing very funny here, but wait until next game against this opponent:
The first action of the game: He casts Doom on one of my units. He rolls some dice. He frowns. Rolls some more. Rolls some more. Then, without any comment, he puts back his Farseer into the transport box. :D

2. Tyranids suck at anti-tank. Only that mine don't!!!

First game: Versus Tau. (A Tau player who always boasts how unbeatable his Tau are. Don't get me wrong, he is a very fun and relaxed gamer to play against, he also plays Orks ;) ). My turn 1. Hive Tyrant shoots down his first Hammerhead with a "vehicle destroyed" on the glancing table. Second turn: Hive Tyrant shoots down his second Hammerhead with a "vehicle destroyed" on the glancing table. (I won the game big time :D )

Next game: Versus Imperial Fists. My first turn: "I don't know what to shoot at with my Venom Cannon Warrior. Chances are pretty low. Ah, what the hell. I target this Demolisher." I needed a six to glance. Of course i rolled another six and destroyed the Demolisher

Next game: Versus Eldar. (see above). He had a Falcon with Fire Dragons, that could have killed all my important MCs. But my Dakkafex didn't want to die. Glancing hit with the first salvo. Double six on the glancing chart... (I won the game because of this)

studderigdave
02-12-2007, 14:22
yesterday in an APOC game, my troupe of Harlies killed 4 times their points. they started off on the severe left flank. i lost one to a scattered gun. my turn i ignored terrain and charged a squad of grey knights, kill my radius with no return attacks. one there turn some kroot snipers joined the assault to kill my clowns, i killed them AND the rest of the grey knights. on our turn, i charge a basalisk. my death jester (yes, i run him) misses with the cannon, so i assault it and rend the tank to certain death. the clown are out of range of anybody during their turn, on my turn my clowns chew through a squad of GENESTEALERS, 10 stealers dead. on there turn they took some fire, alot actually and i lost a few clowns. passed leaders ship, i have the troupe master, the shadow seer and a trooper left. on my turn i charge the rear of a BANEBLADE. the baneblade had 1 SP left and i assault. the seer has a kiss, the baneblade didnt move. i end up rending through twice for 2 penetrating hits, taking its last SP and rolling a 6 on the catastrophic table, nuking everything within 6 inches of the tank, my troupe leader survived the blast.

i love my clowns :)

Inquisitor Maul
02-12-2007, 14:40
I've had a Grey Knight Grand Master punch a Baneblade so hard that it went Nuclear.

Last turn of a 6000 vs 6000 battle, our enemies hold 2 objectives, my side holds 1 while one is contested by Blood Angels (enemies) and Black Templars. On one flank, not to far from the objective, sits a Baneblade who's been ground down to one structure point by a well-thrown Vortex Grenade from the Grey Knight Master.

We approach the last few combats of the game and I decide to Charge the Master into the rear of the Baneblade our of pure spite. At this time, the Blood Angels and Templars are kicking each others to bits but when the smoke clears, it's obvious that the objective is still contested. Now I notice that the only thing that can save us from defeat is if something kills of a few of the Blood Angels but we have no troops for that purpose near enough. The game looks lost to us.

That's when we remember the Grand Master. I have him throw Hammerhand onto himself so he gets 5 strength 8 attacks and get's to it. One Penetrating and one Glancing. The glancing comes up with nothing useful. But then, the Penetrating comes up with a 6.

Do we dare hope? I roll the dice...

...and up comes a 6. APOCALYPTIC EXPLOSION!

Rolling for distance, it comes up with enough range to completely touch every Blood Angel at the objective while leaving all the Templars untouched.

When the dust and smoke from the explosion clears, there is only a huge crater left and only 2 Blood Angels crawl from the ruins of the structure they held. The objective is ours, we scored a draw! And out from the crater, the Grand Master walks our unharmed along with one of his retinue.

About a dozen Blood Angels, a bunch of scouts and a Dreadnought got caught in the Explosion.

Quite a blast for the last action of the game :D

Gobbo666
02-12-2007, 14:41
yesterday in an APOC game, my troupe of Harlies killed 4 times their points. they started off on the severe left flank. i lost one to a scattered gun. my turn i ignored terrain and charged a squad of grey knights, kill my radius with no return attacks. one there turn some kroot snipers joined the assault to kill my clowns, i killed them AND the rest of the grey knights. on our turn, i charge a basalisk. my death jester (yes, i run him) misses with the cannon, so i assault it and rend the tank to certain death. the clown are out of range of anybody during their turn, on my turn my clowns chew through a squad of GENESTEALERS, 10 stealers dead. on there turn they took some fire, alot actually and i lost a few clowns. passed leaders ship, i have the troupe master, the shadow seer and a trooper left. on my turn i charge the rear of a BANEBLADE. the baneblade had 1 SP left and i assault. the seer has a kiss, the baneblade didnt move. i end up rending through twice for 2 penetrating hits, taking its last SP and rolling a 6 on the catastrophic table, nuking everything within 6 inches of the tank, my troupe leader survived the blast.

i love my clowns :)

WOW!! that was sone really impressive clowns:D

FashaTheDog
02-12-2007, 15:47
Shortly after the Apocalypse game was released one of the guys hosted a planetary assault game with load of little goodies and special rules. One of them was the ability to deep strike anywhere on the table with a single unit on the board during the movement phase. Seeing a large Eldar force running wild in the center of the 8'x32' table, I thought "hey, this Guard Command Squad has a bunch of meltas, I'll deep strike behind one of those Scorpions and do some damage." Looking at it I found a nice place to land, although the floating Vortex grenade that just ate the Eldar titan (I remember we had a Phantom Titan model but I think it was 'downgraded' but don't quote me) was nearby at some 11" or 12" away. Still I figured, luck favors the brave/stupid and they're only Guard. What happens when I rolled the scatter die and a pair of D6s? The would-be heroes scattered right into the Vortex. Opps.

Mojaco
02-12-2007, 17:34
Worst I heard was daemon prince falling to a servo-skull... That one went in the books :)
Guess he choked on it.

Redstormrisen
02-12-2007, 20:19
My stormtroopers eat a squad of grey knights in combat wit only the sargent surviving, he takes two turns to run over to the monolith (with around 40 necron warriors shooting at him twice he throws his demoltion charge at it, drops it as his feet and proceeds to die a messy death.

Imperialis_Dominatus
02-12-2007, 22:23
Baneblades cant flank march they get squished by AT fire then i would say

Not in a 4000 point battle where the only reason the 'Blade was there was because the other two 'forgot' to bring 1000 more points, and filled it with some random Chaos player and a super heavy. Then it flank-marched and there really wasn't enough, even over the span of several turns, to kill the damn thing.

Misanthrope
04-12-2007, 13:11
Was in a 2000pt IG vs. SM game.. we were rushed, and somewhere in turn 2, as we Guard were losing and the SM player was trying to figure out what to shoot with his Pred's lascannons, I off-handedly remarked "Hey, he should shoot that there squad of Devestators.." Jokingly, of course.

So he went ahead and shot at his own guys, but didn't manage to kill any. We still lost.

rambler
06-12-2007, 00:29
This was back in 3rd ed. It was a SoB, SM, IG vs. Eldar battle. We got 1st turn. The SoB player nailed a Falcon with an Exorsist and Destroyed it. It had a squad a Banshies & a Farseer it it. We killed enough Banshees to force a break test. He rolled an 11, fell back to the table edge, and promptly rolled a 12 for the leadership. The unit never even hit the table. Needless to say, the guy was grumbling after that.

rambler
06-12-2007, 00:32
This is a WFB one, but I was playing my Dwarves against Bretonians. A unit of Knights charged my Ironbreaker unit with a magic banner and bounced. I killed a couple of knights, he broke, I chased him down and caught him. And jumped up and down and stomped his little horsies. :D

rambler
06-12-2007, 00:36
Sorry for rattling off like this, but on another game I was playing my Guard against Tau. I shot my Basilisk against a rather large group of Firewarriors and I guess the shell got caught in a crosswind but the hole of the pie plate landed on an Ethereal's head. Needless to say, it made him rather squishy. Now my only question is, what is the Tau equivilant of Oh *****!

CommissarHybrid
06-12-2007, 09:37
I once did a game with my IG playing friend, back when I played Tyranids. My first or second turn, I had my FHT shoot a 'mind bullet' at one of his Lascannon crews. It splattered 3-4 guys and made his Commissar flee off the board. The way we saw it was...

The Big Bad Bug of Death (my FHT earned that name by eating an entire 1500 point army, minus 10 guard and a Basilisk) flew over a building and glared at his Lascannon Battery. Not even having time to scream, all the men working the heavy guns suddenly exploded into a wonderful mess of blood and gore. Seeing what had just happened to those under his charge, just for pointing their cannons at the BBBoD, picked up his suitcase, said '**** this' and walked home.

(My friend now swears that all Commissars are cowards and refuses to field them in his army.)

Rabid Bunny 666
06-12-2007, 09:48
Having my Deathwing force wiped out to only my Sergeant with the Deathwing banner, then having him take 40 Guardians (80 Shuriken shots) 10 Dire Avengers (30 shots due to that ability thingy) and a Bright Lance before lasting 2 turns in combat with 5 harlies, an Avatar and said Guardians.

Lost the game, but won the moral victory :)

Son of Makuta
06-12-2007, 10:19
2. Tyranids suck at anti-tank. Only that mine don't!!!

First game: Versus Tau. (A Tau player who always boasts how unbeatable his Tau are. Don't get me wrong, he is a very fun and relaxed gamer to play against, he also plays Orks ;) ). My turn 1. Hive Tyrant shoots down his first Hammerhead with a "vehicle destroyed" on the glancing table. Second turn: Hive Tyrant shoots down his second Hammerhead with a "vehicle destroyed" on the glancing table. (I won the game big time :D )

Next game: Versus Imperial Fists. My first turn: "I don't know what to shoot at with my Venom Cannon Warrior. Chances are pretty low. Ah, what the hell. I target this Demolisher." I needed a six to glance. Of course i rolled another six and destroyed the Demolisher

Next game: Versus Eldar. (see above). He had a Falcon with Fire Dragons, that could have killed all my important MCs. But my Dakkafex didn't want to die. Glancing hit with the first salvo. Double six on the glancing chart... (I won the game because of this)

I do this. I've only ever fought two Monoliths and I killed both in one hit each. :D

L192837465
06-12-2007, 19:25
Now my only question is, what is the Tau equivilant of Oh *****!

Ohsh'it. actually, thats really funny.

my funniest and strangest moment had to have been when i played guard years ago, i had a single unit (10 man) widdled down to 1 guy. i left the vox caster, as i figured, "Hey, might as well see if he'll ignore 1 guy for the rest of the game and get like, 50 points!", so he proceeded to get in rapid fire range of a daemon prince. and rapid fired him. 4 turns in a row. the prince died to 8 lasgun shots after slaughtering the rest of the unit. the following turn, out of anger and spite, my opponent proceeded to fire his -entire- space marine army at me. 40 marines and a basilisk. failed to kill the long guardsman.

after i sold the army, i kept that one model, and he now guards my closet.

SharpSilver
06-12-2007, 19:34
after i sold the army, i kept that one model, and he now guards my closet.

Lucky guy he must have been ^^