PDA

View Full Version : Why is Eldrad still alive?

Kabal of The Ordo Mallius
01-12-2007, 22:40
Someone at my store said Eldrad died in previous Codex, or a book or something. I don't really track fluff, but still i want to know. Why is he still used if he is dead?

The pestilent 1
01-12-2007, 22:43
Because he was stunningly awesome, and is missed by all.
That, and Warhammer represents battles across the entire time span, not needing anything special rules wise to represent anything from the Horus Heresy to the 13th Black Crusade.

As such, Special Characters that are dead (Or in some cases otherwise inactive) Are present.

Khaine's Messenger
01-12-2007, 22:51
Why is he still used if he is dead?

There's a whole bunch of characters from "different eras" available to the avid 40k fan. Macharius, for example, died before the middle of the forty-first millenium, and he had rules for quite a time after his "death" (and technically has rules (http://uk.games-workshop.com/imperialguard/special-characters/2/) now). Usually, if the character died or is thought dead (by some) as of the printing of the rules, the flavor text for their description will note it. As Eldrad's does.

Vesica
02-12-2007, 00:12
Because hes not dead, its just a ploy to make everyone think he is dead.

He will return when you least expect it and omfgpawn everyone in the face.

feelnopain666
02-12-2007, 00:45
ELdrad died during the 13 Black Crusade, in a ambush at one of the Black Stone fortress.
But the reason for him still being on the 'dex, is because if he was dead, a angry mob of eldar players will demanded the head of people encharged for that :) When do we have rules for Cypher and Doomrider?

uchu no okami
02-12-2007, 02:09
My understanding is that Eldrad 'appears' to have been killed, meaning there is no absolute confirmation. He may be back... in some form, some day. In this universe whole armies appear out the depths of the warp sometimes.

In any case, quite a few characters are dead beyond any dispute whatsoever (Lysander of the Imperial Fists for instance) but are still perfectly valid character models in gaming. The designers certainly never thought there was any issue.

Respect that it makes some players frown though. It's a matter of personal inclination.

Hellebore
02-12-2007, 02:44
My understanding is that Eldrad 'appears' to have been killed, meaning there is no absolute confirmation. He may be back... in some form, some day. In this universe whole armies appear out the depths of the warp sometimes.

In any case, quite a few characters are dead beyond any dispute whatsoever (Lysander of the Imperial Fists for instance) but are still perfectly valid character models in gaming. The designers certainly never thought there was any issue.

Respect that it makes some players frown though. It's a matter of personal inclination.

The funny thing about Lysander is that his incarnation as Captain was created in the same codex that said he was dead (in fact, his own background says he's dead at the same time as giving you rules to use him).

Hellebore

LexxBomb
02-12-2007, 03:11
hang on technicaly Eldrad died physicaly as his body and MOST of hios sopuld was consumed by a Deamon/Slannesh on the Talisman of Vaul. the catch is he isn't really all dead because at least one of his guiding spirit stones was in the hands of another Eldar not there. rtemember he seperated his conciesness and placed them into many stones to guide the Eldare during the war. so technicaly part of him is still alive. I just wish they would release rules for the other cool Farseer of of Uthwe. you the Rogue Trader possed by the Eldar farseer and wielding the Black Crystal sword (the sword that makes Drackyen look like a toy - the sword made to kill Slennesh)

Grot
02-12-2007, 03:42
This was something I was wondering about too. How exactly did this guy get ambushed? Wasn't he sort-of a guy who could see into the future?

If the Eldar still have his soulstone, technically they could stick Eldrad into a fake body, like the wraithguard and wraithlords? That might make an interesting army theme.

gruubii
02-12-2007, 03:58
Back in the 2nd ed Codex, he was still dying, as his body was turning to crystal.

Noserenda
02-12-2007, 04:39
Hes dead, lots of special characters are dead. :skull:

Devil-Tears
02-12-2007, 05:26
This was something I was wondering about too. How exactly did this guy get ambushed? Wasn't he sort-of a guy who could see into the future?

If the Eldar still have his soulstone, technically they could stick Eldrad into a fake body, like the wraithguard and wraithlords? That might make an interesting army theme.

No, he didn't get ambushed. It says in the Eldar Codex that he put his soul against the Black Stone Fortress (or w/e Abbadon's Ship is called) in an effort to stop it power. His body was destroyed, but his soul still lives on (or is supposed to be) inside the ship, constantly battling the ship's power. So no, they can't stick him in a wraith-body because they don't have his soul, only small fragments of it inside the soulstones he created.

Iceheart2112
02-12-2007, 05:27

He wasn't ambushed. He pitted his soul versus the heart of one of the corrupted Blackstone Fortresses, and in doing so lost his body. In theory, he may still be alive in there, fighting against it. In theory.

BrainFireBob
02-12-2007, 06:11
Qu'esandra=Cassandra, the seeress cursed by Apollo never to be believed. Qu'esandra was his protege and believes he still lives. So he does, by the reference.

Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind
02-12-2007, 15:25
Didn't he get eaten by Slaanesh himself or something?

Norminator
02-12-2007, 15:28
Qu'esandra=Cassandra, the seeress cursed by Apollo never to be believed. Qu'esandra was his protege and believes he still lives. So he does, by the reference.

I'd never noticed that reference before. Well picked up upon.

boogaloo
02-12-2007, 15:31
I would have to say that eldrad is still alive because it would be sheer stupidity for there to not be a farseer special character. Let's face it the autarch is a blatant marketing ploy. Eldar did NOT need a new HQ option. If you wanted a fluffy biel tan army take a phoenix lord, or an avatar. The farseer is THE classic eldar HQ option. So they really need a farseer special character. (That's like there being NO special warbosses for orks or no special commanders for SM) if it wasn't eldrad it would be a different named farseer of sheer awesomeness (potentially a disciple of eldrad?) and the rules would be the same. that's how he worked in the last dex, that's how he works now, and that's how he SHOULD work in the next dex. Keeping him as eldrad was probably to save money on designing models. Did anyone else notice that eldrad doubled in price ($) since they re-released eldar?

Noserenda
02-12-2007, 15:45
Let's face it the autarch is a blatant marketing ploy. Eldar did NOT need a new HQ option. If you wanted a fluffy biel tan army take a phoenix lord, or an avatar. The farseer is THE classic eldar HQ option.

Thats retarded, your saying a member of a small council of advisors, and incarnation of the war god or one of half a dozen legendary heroes leads every little skirmish? Ever since Exarchs got demoted to Squad leaders theyve needed a lower level HQ choice. :chrome:

Icarus
02-12-2007, 15:57

Like all who can see into the future in the 40kverse, Eldrad could not see the actual events of his own death. He suspected that he would die by going to the Blackstone Fortress, because of the blank spot in his prescience about that event. But he also knew that his going there was the only possible way to make a future where the Eldar might not become extinct. So he went.

And as others have said, his soul may or may not still exist. With parts of it in soulstones and the other part possibly still fighting with She Who Thirsts within the Blackstone Fortress, anything is possible. But, how could any being survive such a fate? Tune in for another exciting episode of... ELDRAD! (in about ten years time... maybe.... ish....)

downundercadet07
02-12-2007, 18:03
Eldrad isn't still alive. He was killed as a reward for the Eldar players for defeating Chaos in the webway and dominating their aspect of the campaign. Oh, wait, why the hell was he killed when Creed lived after the IG sucked a big one? Sort of like how the Eldar war leader got dominated after the Eldar had been curb-stomping people at Medusa 4, but everyone else bar the necron lord made it out alive. It rankles me.

Many special characters are deceased. Tycho immediately comes to mind, as his situation is similar to Eldrad's IE, killed during a global campaign.

Kabal of The Ordo Mallius
02-12-2007, 18:25
Interesting stuff. I think his body should get corrupted by the warp and what-not. Then he can fight for Chaos in a nice black-suit full of chains and demonic energy. Lash + 3 godly psychic powers = GG. Eldar players could receive some wannabe-Eldrad Farseer to compensate. I wouldn't complain about a change like that. honest. No design flaws. My logic is undeniable. :angel:

ryng_sting
02-12-2007, 18:50
Eldrad's in the current Eldar Codex as an historical character. His soul endures within the heart of the Talisman of Vaul still in Abaddon's control - a mixed blessing. A handful of the 'Eldrad stones' retained their spark after this occurred. So long as they sparkle, however fleeting, however unlikely, Eldrad still has a link to the material world.

Griffty
02-12-2007, 21:07
As several others have pointed out there are many examples of historic characters alowing players to play in whatever time frame they wish. If we were restricted to the never ending 999.41 then people couldnt play pre-heresy, or hh era battles or campaigns, or re-fight historic scenarios.

On the topic of eldrad, he's not 'dead' cos that would incense too many people, he is no longer active in the game system but Gw have left a handy 'he'll be back' clause for him. I doubt they will replace him with another seer character as then they would have 2 characters with very similr roles, both on tabletop and fluff wise.

The Q'sandria/Cassandra link was picked up on by Kage2020 and subsequently discussed, see the link fror discussion
http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114794

FrankManic
04-12-2007, 06:05
I always figured someone just grabbed his armor on the way out of the fortress and he is living on in spirit in a fashion similar to a phoenix lord.

devolutionary
04-12-2007, 06:15

I'd never noticed that reference before. Well picked up upon.

Damn right it was, I feel stupid for not noticing >.<

Imperialis_Dominatus
04-12-2007, 15:11
Eldrad is still alive because the Eldar obviously needed more power! :D:p

pookie
04-12-2007, 15:15
alive or dead, well i dont care.

but as far as a special character goes ( other than daemon ones ) Eldrad is the oldest character alive/recently dead in 40K history. so it only seems logical that he should be in the new codex.

Cosmocrat
04-12-2007, 15:17
Eldrad is still alive because only the good die young.

yaspro
04-12-2007, 15:25
Well in the book when Eldrad met Fulgrim, Fulgrim destroyed everything and i am surprised at find him still alive now.

pookie
04-12-2007, 15:28
Well in the book when Eldrad met Fulgrim, Fulgrim destroyed everything and i am surprised at find him still alive now.

he survived, but thats because he ran off! ( although he cant have been as powerful then as now or he'd have seen what was coming ), brought reinforcments and a God of war and then ran off again once the said reinforcements got whooping!

muskrat
04-12-2007, 16:46
Eldrad isn't still alive. He was killed as a reward for the Eldar players for defeating Chaos in the webway and dominating their aspect of the campaign. Oh, wait, why the hell was he killed when Creed lived after the IG sucked a big one? Sort of like how the Eldar war leader got dominated after the Eldar had been curb-stomping people at Medusa 4, but everyone else bar the necron lord made it out alive. It rankles me.

Many special characters are deceased. Tycho immediately comes to mind, as his situation is similar to Eldrad's IE, killed during a global campaign.

Didn't the Chaos "leader" get spanked, as well as the IG leader stayed behind to fight to the last? on M:V I mean

tangerinealtoid
04-12-2007, 16:52
hang on technicaly Eldrad died physicaly as his body and MOST of hios sopuld was consumed by a Deamon/Slannesh on the Talisman of Vaul. the catch is he isn't really all dead because at least one of his guiding spirit stones was in the hands of another Eldar not there. rtemember he seperated his conciesness and placed them into many stones to guide the Eldare during the war. so technicaly part of him is still alive. I just wish they would release rules for the other cool Farseer of of Uthwe. you the Rogue Trader possed by the Eldar farseer and wielding the Black Crystal sword (the sword that makes Drackyen look like a toy - the sword made to kill Slennesh)

Spellcheck- look into it, you should.

Imperialis_Dominatus
04-12-2007, 18:23
Spellcheck- look into it, you should.

Ptchah, it's not like it's, you know, forum rules or anything like that to have decent grammar, spelling, and basic English. I mean why, on a predominantly English board, would that ever, for any reason, be a concern? Gosh, some people just think too much about things like that. :rolleyes:

For all the newer folkies: That's net sarcasm. Don't take it literally.

Richter Kless
04-12-2007, 19:12
Cause the amount of Eldarplayers whining would cause the creation of a new god: Euryale, eternal emo and master of crybabies.

Flame Boy
04-12-2007, 20:41
I do not think it's likely Eldrad's making a comeback tour. If the Eldar can still decipher anything from Eldrad's spirit fragments, it's probably something along the lines of "OHMYGYAAADMAKEITSTOP". If Eldrad is still fighting in that Blackstone Fortress core, it must be a horribly one-sided fight. I'd say his soul is on the torture rack. Shame, I always liked him.

I wish there would be a successor to Eldrad as a Farseer character, but I think they would need to be a very different character with distinct abilities to make them more than just a Farseer destined to fill Eldrad's shoes.

DantesInferno
04-12-2007, 20:51

It's worth pointing out that, at least in the way she has been interpreted in some contemporary literature, Cassandra's prophetic insight is obscured by insanity, so that her revelations become riddles or disjointed statements that are not fully comprehended until after the fact (taken from Wikipedia).

So going by this, if Qu'esandra says Eldrad still lives, he does. But it could be in a way wholly unexpected: for instance he could be "alive" as a reincarnated pawn of Slaanesh on a daemon world in the Eye. Or, to stretch it a bit, he could "live" on through the continuing influence his prophecies have over his brethren.

Felwether
04-12-2007, 21:04
Why would you want a replacement for Eldrad Ulthran? Everything about him is/was cool! Besides a replacement ould just be a cheap copy and it's lead me to complain even more than I already do about newfangledness and such!

The Song of Spears
04-12-2007, 21:10
I dunno. It seems to me that GW is simply trying to get away from player made HQs that have crazy named weapons like the Dread Axe or some such, and are simply providing pre-built characters with all the items and balance built in to a set amount of points. Then they just tack on a name to label the unit.

Honestly, Eldrad or Farseer Joe-Bob, it's just game mechanics once the minis are on the table...

Short of GW releasing a story campaign codex (kinda like the Armageddon one) i don't think ANY named character has much fluff relevance other than a way to give a reason for the wargear and whatnot.

I do wish GW would release more detailed styled Armageddon playable campaign codexes each year...

Felwether
04-12-2007, 21:12
Surely you've got to appreciate each character's fluff though?

The Song of Spears
04-12-2007, 22:30
Surely you've got to appreciate each character's fluff though?

Oh i do. But i don't take it as current state of events as in "this is the only people alive to fight right now". I see it as a generic unit with those stats to be used in toy soldiers with rules.

I also see it as a way to accomplish two things:
Provide generic balanced HQ's
and
Provide Fluff characters for campaign scenario games should you wish to do so.

What i never got was why the C'tan are allowed to fight, but Primarchs are not. If the Necrons get a C'tan, the Marines should get their Primarchs, right?

Felwether
04-12-2007, 22:51
What i never got was why the C'tan are allowed to fight, but Primarchs are not. If the Necrons get a C'tan, the Marines should get their Primarchs, right?

I suppose you have a point there. You can say that about lots of things though like why can't the Eldar be led by Ulthanash and so on. Models of the Primarchs would be cool but I just don't think it'd be a good idea to make rules for them (can you imagine how annoying it'd be if every one of the many Ultramarines armies you see was lead by Roboute Guilliman?), I just think Primarchs are too special to be used in ordinary games as they're some of the most iconic and important figures ever to have existed in the 40K universe. Plus they all died/disappeared/turned into daemon princes 10,000 years ago. I know there are a lot of deceased special characters but 10,000years is just pushing it! :p

Imperialis_Dominatus
05-12-2007, 01:01
I also see it as a way to accomplish two things:
Provide generic balanced HQ's
and
Provide Fluff characters for campaign scenario games should you wish to do so.

That's assuming all special characters are balanced... ;)

True... but then everyone would take them... ugh. And the Daemon Primarchs would be obscene... utterly obscene.

Warboss Jhura Ironfang
05-12-2007, 01:25
After reading through, I now have a funny image in my head that I'd like to share with you all. (I have a wierd sense of humor it seems)

Imagine a dark torture chamber with blood splattered walls. In the center is Eldrad stripped of his armor on a medevial style rack. Eldrad is cut, beaten, and maimed terribely. A door opens and a monstrous Daemon-thing walks in, holding a bucket of water and a 9-volt battery. The Daemon throws the water on Eldrad and begins priming the battery. Holding one wire in each hand, it connects the two to create a spark. Smiling wickedly, the Daemon places the wires on Eldrad's soaked skin, causing immense pain to the tortured Farseer.

After shocking Eldrad, it takes a massive socket wrench from a wall rack and says "After this, we'll start with the torture."

(Be imaginative with the wrench's use, I pictured a uber-Purple Nurple)

*sigh* Waay to many Hostle type movies. Oh well, you can all join me in dark thoughts now at least.

Cheerz,
WB Ironfang

Imperialis_Dominatus
05-12-2007, 01:46
One Hostel was too many, and they made a second. It's like Saw, but take away any semblance of intelligence. Grrrr.

But yeah, that's probably what the 'Drad's going through. Haha.

Cosmocrat
05-12-2007, 01:51
I am a LONG TIME Hostel apologist.

People throw the idea that Hostel sucked around as though it is a fact.

The original Hostel was a perfect blend of everything that a horror movie is supposed to be about: it was violent, it was scary as crap, and it had lots of awesome T&A.

I have seen many many horror movies in my day - but the idea of Hostel scared the crap out of me more and stuck with me longer than any of the others.

I will not defend Hostel II however. It sucked. Hard.

Imperialis_Dominatus
05-12-2007, 15:15
I'll settle for one of two. In the meantime, let's not get off topic. ;)

The Song of Spears
05-12-2007, 15:36
I just think Primarchs are too special to be used in ordinary games as they're some of the most iconic and important figures ever to have existed in the 40K universe.

They would fit apocalypse games, ja?

That's assuming all special characters are balanced... ;)

IMO, all of them are fair or a little on the weak side. I have never come across a GW made character that was even a fraction as cheesy as custom player ones.

True... but then everyone would take them... ugh. And the Daemon Primarchs would be obscene... utterly obscene.
I see this as no worse than ever space marine player using chaplains and librarians for every battle...just put a points cap on it and you are good to go.

Fable
05-12-2007, 15:41
Because the 40k needed at least one more LOTRs refrence. To appease long suffering Eldar players they gave us our very own Gandalf vs Balrog. We can expect at some point that Eldrad will smote his enemy's ruin on the mountainside and that he'll have to travel through fire and ice to return until his work is done.

Eldrad: oh no, Evil Blackstone.
Eldrad Enter blackstone.
Daemon: Grrr.
Eldrad: We fight!
They fight.
Eldrad pwn
Daemon pwn
Eldrad pwn
Daemon pwn
Eldrad: win.
Daemon = ded.
Eldrad fenix down.
Eldrad wtfpwn all.

That's my summation of the story of Eldrad's survival when they eventually bring him back.

Alessander
05-12-2007, 17:30
SUmmary:

At start of 13th Crusade, Eldrad splits his conciousness into many waystones and gives them to most of the warlocks to use as GPS devices.

Eldrad's forces board a BlackStone Fortress (Talisman of Vaul) and attempt to awaken the spirit of the Talisman. Eldrad exposes his soul to the spirt of the fortress during the process, only to realize (too late) he just exposed his soul directly to Slaanesh.

Slaanesh swallows Eldrad.

However, since some of his soul still existed outside of the Talisman, he wasn't completely devoured. In essence, Eldrad's encounter on the Blackstone echoes the fall of the Eldar - the majority of the Eldar got eaten by slaanesh, the only survivors were those who were smart enough to get away before the event happened.

Norminator
05-12-2007, 17:32
It all reminds me of the Horcruxes in Harry Potter. Tsk, imagine that, JK Rowling ripping off Games Workshop!

Imperialis_Dominatus
05-12-2007, 18:08
Because the 40k needed at least one more LOTRs refrence. To appease long suffering Eldar players they gave us our very own Gandalf vs Balrog. We can expect at some point that Eldrad will smote his enemy's ruin on the mountainside and that he'll have to travel through fire and ice to return until his work is done.

Eldrad: oh no, Evil Blackstone.
Eldrad Enter blackstone.
Daemon: Grrr.
Eldrad: We fight!
They fight.
Eldrad pwn
Daemon pwn
Eldrad pwn
Daemon pwn
Eldrad: win.
Daemon = ded.
Eldrad fenix down.
Eldrad wtfpwn all.

That's my summation of the story of Eldrad's survival when they eventually bring him back.

Except Gandalf ain't no pasy elf. :p Good prediction though.

It all reminds me of the Horcruxes in Harry Potter. Tsk, imagine that, JK Rowling ripping off Games Workshop!

So if you rip off someone who also in all likelyhood ripped off someone else, who did you actually rip off?

Norminator
05-12-2007, 18:13
So if you rip off someone who also in all likelyhood ripped off someone else, who did you actually rip off?

The Emperor :confused:

Warboss Jhura Ironfang
05-12-2007, 18:26
Who ripped off Chuck Norris of course. :evilgrin:

Besides, Eldrad is alive only so that GW can make money off his model and so that angry Space Elf fans didn't try to lynch them for destroying their favourite tactics.

Cheerz,
WB Ironfang

Imperialis_Dominatus
05-12-2007, 18:34
The Emperor :confused:

Good answer. The Inquisition approves! And by approves I mean ignores you. They only let you know what they think when you don't want to know. :evilgrin:

Besides, Eldrad is alive only so that GW can make money off his model and so that angry Space Elf fans didn't try to lynch them for destroying their favourite tactics.

Cheerz,
WB Ironfang

Haha, cheerz, Amen to that.

Warboss Jhura Ironfang
05-12-2007, 19:56
Then I retract my statement as the -][- likes it! Since I'm a proud Son of Russ, I cannot have anything to do with the dirty no good Inquisition. :skull:

Cheerz,
WB Ironfang

Imperialis_Dominatus
05-12-2007, 22:12
Then I retract my statement as the -][- likes it! Since I'm a proud Son of Russ, I cannot have anything to do with the dirty no good Inquisition. :skull:

Cheerz,
WB Ironfang

No, the Inquisition likes Norminator. They still hate your guts and will burn you at the stake at the first opportunity, don't worry. :rolleyes: Read my post more thouroughly... illiterate Wolf! :p

FooFighter
05-12-2007, 22:23
Just to cover the Primarch debate - Primarchs throughout the Horus Heresy novels (mainly Fulgrim) are described as being virtually unkillable to all but a Greater Daemon or a fellow Primarch/Emperor.

In Fulgrim, a certain primarch receives a nuclear warhead to himself, and is mushroom clouded, yet manages to get out of there to his transport.

You must also not forget that Primarchs are usually armoured with the greatest suits of armour that the artificers can muster - I would hazard a guess at being force-fielded and made of super rare alloys.

To add a Primarch to 40K would be utterly crazy - nothing in the game could realistically kill them unless it was say, a Forgeworld Greater Daemon. To add them to Apocalypse would be more likely, and potentially achievable, but it would go against all the Background material of the Primarchs currently, which as it stands revolves around them all being missing/dead/DaemonWorlded.

Dragonlv8
06-12-2007, 08:27

Cheerz,
WB Ironfang
those space elves wil pw3n you...

Just to cover the Primarch debate - Primarchs throughout the Horus Heresy novels (mainly Fulgrim) are described as being virtually unkillable to all but a Greater Daemon or a fellow Primarch/Emperor.

In Fulgrim, a certain primarch receives a nuclear warhead to himself, and is mushroom clouded, yet manages to get out of there to his transport.

You must also not forget that Primarchs are usually armoured with the greatest suits of armour that the artificers can muster - I would hazard a guess at being force-fielded and made of super rare alloys.

To add a Primarch to 40K would be utterly crazy - nothing in the game could realistically kill them unless it was say, a Forgeworld Greater Daemon. To add them to Apocalypse would be more likely, and potentially achievable, but it would go against all the Background material of the Primarchs currently, which as it stands revolves around them all being missing/dead/DaemonWorlded.

stats for a Primarch :
ws=10 bs=10 S=10 T=10 W=99999999999 I=11 A=99999999999 LD=13 sv=1+
equipment:
L33t power termi armour Plus invulnerable save of 1+
Pw3nedge power weapon
l33t nucleor bolt pistol Range=inf S=inf Ap=0.3 Type Assault 99999999999999999999999999999999999 10inch blast marker.

Anything I missed there?

Hellebore
06-12-2007, 09:31
those space elves wil pw3n you...

stats for a Primarch :
ws=10 bs=10 S=10 T=10 W=99999999999 I=11 A=99999999999 LD=13 sv=1+
equipment:
L33t power termi armour Plus invulnerable save of 1+
Pw3nedge power weapon
l33t nucleor bolt pistol Range=inf S=inf Ap=0.3 Type Assault 99999999999999999999999999999999999 10inch blast marker.

Anything I missed there?

Yeah a special rule:

Soopa Cream
Any space marine fanboi within a 12 lightyear radius instantly soopa creams himself at the thought of using a clearly over the top and ridiculous set of stats for something just because another fanboi decided it would be a good idea.

The Primarchs survived because they were Protagonists (TM) and couldn't be killed unless the Plot (TM) willed it.

A Phoenix Lord is actually unkillable, whilst a primarch is not.

So why don't they have ridiculous stats?

Hellebore

Felwether
06-12-2007, 11:51
Because Phoenix Lords are only technically unkillable? Say our Phoenix Lord is fighting our suddenly reanimated/reappeared/undaemonworlded Primarch, chances are he'd get beaten. Only a couple of hundred years later some Eldar chap comes across his armour and suddenly the Phoenix Lord is reborn whereas Primarch's are described as being so uber unbelievable that they probably wouldn't die in the first place! :D

Sorry, that was a bit longwinded...