PDA

View Full Version : Eltharions lores of magic answer.

Red_Lep
02-12-2007, 06:39
I've seen alot of people asking about what he can take and I just found this on the GW website talking about what Lores he can take.

http://uk.games-workshop.com/highelves/eltharion/1/

Dendo Star
02-12-2007, 07:21
I've seen alot of people asking about what he can take and I just found this on the GW website talking about what Lores he can take.

http://uk.games-workshop.com/highelves/eltharion/1/

Whoa, whoa. Look pal, you can't use GW website articles/promotional material to validate rules.

I could point you to things like the Empire Calvary Tactica, which talks of a Templar Grand Master with a Runefang. Or Free Company parent units using detachments. Or the whole S6 White Lions Chariot fiasco. Or, well prolly countless other things.

Hrogoff the Destructor
02-12-2007, 07:57
Don't got my HE book on hand, but I swore it said he could use any of the lores in the big book. It makes no mention of the High Lore, so he cannot use it.

GranFarfar
02-12-2007, 08:12
It says he is counted as a High elf mage, who can choose any of the eight lores. It also states under the magic section that all HE mages can choose the High lore. So I would say he is just like any other HE mage.

Delmont
02-12-2007, 09:01
It does make him a high elf mage, but specifically states he may choose any of the 8 lores found in the main rule book. It does not say he selects spells like a high elf mage. It says he chooses one of the 8 lores so that is what he gets to choose from.

Baragash
02-12-2007, 17:18
It does make him a high elf mage, but specifically states he may choose any of the 8 lores found in the main rule book. It does not say he selects spells like a high elf mage. It says he chooses one of the 8 lores so that is what he gets to choose from.

I agree. Making him a High Elf Mage means the army gains the +1 dispel bonus, even though the rules don't allow him to use the High Lore.

Red_Lep
02-12-2007, 17:42
Whoa, whoa. Look pal, you can't use GW website articles/promotional material to validate rules.

I could point you to things like the Empire Calvary Tactica, which talks of a Templar Grand Master with a Runefang. Or Free Company parent units using detachments. Or the whole S6 White Lions Chariot fiasco. Or, well prolly countless other things.

People had been asking for something besides just the book to help clear it up. Wasn't saying it was perfect but figured it was better than nothing. Also, I usually don't read those so I never read those other mistakes.(Eltharion has alway been my favorite Elf so I read it)

Elven Lord
03-12-2007, 08:56
I agree. Making him a High Elf Mage means the army gains the +1 dispel bonus, even though the rules don't allow him to use the High Lore.

It does suck that he can not gain access to High Magic