View Full Version : 2000pts Goblins

mooby
16-09-2005, 14:37
level night goblin great shaman,
2 nihgt goblin level 2's
1 level 2 goblin shaman
1 warbanner bearer
1 goblin (Ld 6/7?) chieftan

180 night goblins with spear and shields (6 fanatics)
20 night goblins with bows (2 fanatics)

4 bolt throwers

and i think thats it

Sinew
16-09-2005, 15:02
Well in as far as your plan looks to be to open up a can of Fanatic whoop-ass on some poor git, after having savaged 'em with the big waaagh and numerous little waaagh backup spells I think you're army is pretty sorted. :p

Things you could tweak are:

-the equipment on you night goblin units. Spears or bows tend to be less effective than hand weapon and shield. However as a fellow Orc player I know the pain of having to convert millions of the little gits because there aren't enough sword arms on the sprue. Short bows are particularly pointless though.

-are your characters really all naked? I mean I know you're not expecting that much from them but a few pieces of equipment wouldn't hurt. A great weapon for the chieftan would be useful, and some arcana for the shamans. I'd say either the Dangly wotnotz or Buzgobs knobbly staff for the Great Shaman as either can prevent a miscast. Then give the others stuff like Ditto's Double Doing Doo-Dahs or the Staff of Sneaky Stealing.

- what's with the BSB?

nurgle_boy
16-09-2005, 15:48
knobbly staff, dangly wotnotz, and the doube doing dooh dahs are a must for any respectable great shaman.

being ablo to cast big waagh spells twice per turn, being able to reroll one entire casting, and re-roll a single one when miscasting (vital! you dont want great shamans to pop... well, not too soon anyway!)

the lesswer shamans. one gets the itty ring, and a scroll, one gets the staff of baduum, or 2 scrolls, and one gets the2 more scrolls, madcap shrooms, or even a power stone, if you want your shaman to cast hard, save power dice, but mosttt likely go pop!

wheres your wolf riders and squig herds? the most vital parts, along side chariots for an effective all goblin army.

a hitty immune to psychology unit, or just a large unit, will charge straight through the fanatics, and either beat you in combat, or you flee, and keep on running.

a unit of 30 savage orcs comes to mind. a basic combat res of about 4, the boss killing 3, the unit champ killing another 3, and the orcs killing about 10, your unit flees, panics all the others, and your army has been popped by turn 2-3.

just silly really...

Sinew
16-09-2005, 16:11
knobbly staff, dangly wotnotz, and the doube doing dooh dahs are a must for any respectable great shaman. Just to clarify, you can't have all of these items, as no character may have more than one arcane item, dispel scrolls being the exception.

nurgle_boy
16-09-2005, 17:48
doh! my mistake!

Brother Edwin
16-09-2005, 18:07
Looks small and one dimensinal.

I would add things besides units of NG. Like bolt throwers and chariots.

nurgle_boy
16-09-2005, 18:46
err, bro edwin, there are 4 bolt throwers.. still chariots might be good

Brother Edwin
16-09-2005, 22:00
It seems like if the fanaticcs are released by a expendable unit it is game over for this army since it can only rely on the magic after that.

mooby
23-09-2005, 12:54
true but i rely on mobbing them not hard really but i can't stand chariots in any way sorry. and the characters do have stuff but i can't remember them as i am at work. but i do have the staff of sneaky stealin and some double doin doo dahs somewhere.

oh and the chieftan does have some smelly stuff but again not too sure