PDA

View Full Version : Does your Fav. Army Fluff wise differ from your TT playstyle?

redbaron998
02-12-2007, 07:06
A simple enough question. Basing off if you had to pick only one army as your favorite for both catagoies...as many of us have more than one favorite army.

Does you favorite army fluff wise also equal your favorite army playstyle wise on TT?

I admit mine does not. Fluff Wise I love Dwarfs, but the lack of Magic (witch I love about the game) and slower movement has always steared me towards other Armies

Dendo Star
02-12-2007, 07:13
Empire. I picked them since I liked them the best.

And I could never play another race (save perhaps DoW) since no one else gives my the versatility, variety and overall effectiveness.

........you get used to everyone wearing funny clothes and hats after a while.

snurl
02-12-2007, 08:03
Dwarves. Instead of rushing over to kill a few, We walk over and kill them all.

DarkLord Of Naggaroth
02-12-2007, 11:19
DE are the coolest in background, and I love their elite playstyle too!

Dodgy Ed
02-12-2007, 12:15
Dwarfs for me; what's not to love in both the fluff and on the table? Hard drinking, bitter and tough as nails in the background. On the table they are just as tough, and contrary to popular belief do not have to be a static gunline or anvil toting cheese.

Sideros Peltarion
02-12-2007, 12:41
I play as Vikings (Hordes of Chaos) so lots of shieldwalls and not much else, though my fav fluff armies are honourable Khorne and High Elves. I would love to do a citizen levy Elf army, but finances have prevented me. Also my Vikings differ from my preferred playstyle-shooting to bits with a counter-charge at the end. They just trudge very slowly towards the enemy then let the Berserkers and Wulfen rip the flanks apart.:evilgrin:

lector#1
02-12-2007, 12:47
well i prefer to play fluff armies just because i find it much more fun to build and convert dwarfs than collect an army that is a sure winner when im not going to like the models

for me i love the fluff idea of the fat little hairy drunk men walking around with big axes chopping up some green skins.
and i also like the fluff idea of a shadow warior princess walking around with a bow of the seafearer and shooting the crap out of a giant or somthing like that

matthew_swifty
02-12-2007, 14:17
Wood Elves are in my opinion, seriously cool in fluff. Their "Get orf moi larnd" Attitude and what they do to you when you do step on their land, is hilarious!

The fact they split with High Elves because they liked woods too much is also brilliant.

Their playstyle fits with their fluff brilliantly as well.

brambleten
02-12-2007, 14:23
i got lizards becuase i thought they were one of the wierdest armies to collect (this was before ogres), so i suppose the fluff influenced me. however, with my HEs, i wanted a choice in magic, and things that could shoot further than 12". and the dragon. if not for the dragon, i may have fallen for the tree hugging hippies that the WE and their fluff

wizuriel
02-12-2007, 17:37
as much as I love nurgle in terms of fluff (and for my HOC army) dark/wood elves are probaly more fitting for my play style

Finnigan2004
03-12-2007, 03:31
My favorite army fluffwise would have to be lizardmen or high elves because I like good guys, elder races, magic, mighty heroes, and dinosaurs. I most commonly use a khorne themed army though-- I like the direct play style of this army, and it's challenging to try to use a sledge hammer as a scalpel.

freelancer
03-12-2007, 04:29
I love my Empire army, the fact that its just humans holding a sharpend stick while huge cannons and handgunners decimate the enemy and psycotic engineers create things like pigeon bombs and the steam tank is just brilliant, and the fluff is good aswell.

freelancer

Nabeshin1106
03-12-2007, 04:39
I really like Dwarfs in Fluff, but I'm not very fond of their playstyle. I started High Elves with the new book and I absolutely love the playstyle they give. Lots of Magic, Heavy hitting, but a bit fragile, giving you a nice balance of things.

pox
03-12-2007, 06:24
It's all about my skaven. the background, stories, and play-styles all mesh wonderfully for me. I find that with them, more then any other army I field, that events occur while playing them that echo events written about them.

SV_Harlequin
03-12-2007, 06:30
Nope I play Elves and Eldar because I have always liked Elves and the idea of elite fast fragile and deadly forces.

Alamaias
06-12-2007, 13:51
love my vampire fluff, an i love my vampires. unfortunately, to play with my vampires i have to cart around this great shambling pile of dead things. bloody zombies everywhere cluttering up the works. soon, soon we might have another option. gimme vampiric knights :)

==Me==
06-12-2007, 14:43
I play ==My== Skaven as Skaven-ey as possible.

Every unit is sacrificial, typically slaves, nighties, and anything moulder. ==My== general and BSB hide in the rear rank (slinking out when things get hairy), offering Ld and re-rolls and that's about it. I shoot anything and everything into combat indiscriminately. If a particular hero or champion does well in one game, I send him into a suicidal situation to keep him from challenging ==My== general. I overwhelm ==My== enemies under a sea of brown fur.

<3 Skaven

Maikello
06-12-2007, 15:56
I love the lizardmen really fluff-wise, but i totally dislike the play stile they give,
so i never really started lizardmen, but began with o&g for their totally awesome play style

Makaber
06-12-2007, 16:05
Beastmen. No. In the background, they always lose. Sometimes, I win.

DDogwood
06-12-2007, 16:55
On the table they are just as tough, and contrary to popular belief do not have to be a static gunline or anvil toting cheese.

They don't have to be played in a boring manner, but that is usually the optimal way to use them. They're my favorite army in terms of background, but they're usually dreadfully boring in game.

Little Aaad
06-12-2007, 19:09
I play ==My== Skaven as Skaven-ey as possible...
==My== general and BSB hide in the rear rank (slinking out when things get hairy)...

Ahahahahahahahahahahaha. Bahahahahahahaha. GAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

oHH God, STOP

HAHAHAHAHA bAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH BA! BAHAHAHAHAHAH! TAAHAHHAAHAHAA

Phew... *giggles*

Man, that wasn't even that funny...

Anaris
06-12-2007, 23:52
You know, the thread title of this thread and the poll question are contriditing. So, I quickly replied No. However, my answer should be yes.

I have a Wood Elf army that includes no Trees of any kind, and plenty of Archers.

==Me==
07-12-2007, 01:17
Ahahahahahahahahahahaha. Bahahahahahahaha. GAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

oHH God, STOP

HAHAHAHAHA bAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH BA! BAHAHAHAHAHAH! TAAHAHHAAHAHAA

Phew... *giggles*

Man, that wasn't even that funny...

Thanks?:wtf: