PDA

View Full Version : lizardmen or ogre kingdoms

chaos
02-12-2007, 07:28
im new to fantasy and i wanna know which ones better

Dendo Star
02-12-2007, 07:29
Depends. Both are very powerful.

What are you looking for in an army? Lizardmen and Ogres are vastly different.

CaptScott
02-12-2007, 09:19
Well ogres are easier to paint however their list isn't as diverse as the lizards, and for that reaon I would suggest lizards. Start with a couple of core troop choices and after a some 500 point games you might have a better idea of what style of army you want (ie. cav, infantry, magic etc...), and you can then tailor your list to suit it.

Neknoh
02-12-2007, 09:24
Pick the one you like the look of, otherwise, it'll be tedious, tedious, tedious to paint.

Oh, and better pray Crube doesn't find this thread :p

twj
02-12-2007, 21:54
If you are new, I'd suggest Lizardmen as they are more forgiving than Ok, but also are more representitive of Warhammer armies than OK, i.e. more focus upon ranked units and magic (which isn't gut magic)

Sigmar
02-12-2007, 22:15
im new to fantasy and i wanna know which ones better

A Lizardmen army won the 2007 Grand Final Tournament.

Ogre Kingdoms are not as flexible as other armies and do not perform well. I did an analysis on my blogsite of the final results, here...

http://battlereporter.blogspot.com/search/label/Stats%20and%20Analysis

Scroll down a bit and you'll find it.

Malorian
03-12-2007, 17:15
I think most agree that lizardmen armies win more than ogre armies, although both can be just as good when used properly.

If your new I think you should lookat it from this way:

What do you think looks better? If you don't like the look of them you won't be interested for too long.

Another option is go for both. Take lizardmen with orgres as dogs of war.

Voodoo Boyz
03-12-2007, 17:31
Funny, I was thinking about this and I came to the decision that the two armies I'd like in addition to my Dwarfs are Ogres or Lizzies.

It came down to the fact that I think I could make a much stronger list with Lizzardmen, but I think I'm going to start Ogres because they're more in line with the style of play I'd like to go with.

Lizzardmen have some combat units (Krox, Saurus Cav, Terradons for hunting), with a good strong shooting element (Skinks, Salamanders, Magic) where as Ogres are more combat with a little bit of shooting (mostly magic, with Leadbelchers thrown in).

him_15
03-12-2007, 21:38
If you are lazy to paint, then Ogre....

forgottenlor
04-12-2007, 10:43
A vampire count army won the German tournament a couple of years ago, so I would be very careful with stats Sigmar, as you have a very small range for your analysis (one tournament year for a single tournament, if I am correct).
I play both armies and would agree Lizardmen are a better army to learn the game with, though I enjoy all my armies.