PDA

View Full Version : 2000pts ; chariot army on the move

XaraX
02-12-2007, 06:52
Okay.. first try with the Tomb kings... and I know, my dynamic shouldn't sond comon to many... still, little help?

heroes

T king, Golden eye of Rah-nut, Spear of Antarhak, chariot
278pts, general

Liche priest, staff of ravening, steed
168pts, hierofan

liche priest, dispel scroll, steed
148pts

Core

5 - Skeletton light horsemen
70pts, guard 1 lich priest
5 - Skeletton light horsemen
70pts, guard the other lich

3 - Chariot, standard banner of undying legion
165pts, with T king in it
4 - Chariot
160pts
4 - Chariot
160pts
4 - Chariot
160pts

Special

3 - Ushabti
195pts... cause they are cute
3 - Ushabti
195pts... cause they are cute

Rare

1- Screamin catapult, Skull of the Foe
110pts, causing panic test at -1 LD
1- Screamin catapult, Skull of the Foe
110pts, causing panic test at -1 LD

that's about it... you can guess : no frontal charge unless need be : the point is at forming an "L" chaped line of chariot and charge teh annemy as late as possible in the game, after causing as much panic test as possible and shoothing with every bow and magic I can before doing so!.. simply putted : the opposit of every other army... I move away and shoot all game long, until I'm welll positionned to flank or flank and front charge units... and pusrue if doing so get's me deeper in the flank!

XaraX
02-12-2007, 12:56
edited some mistake... and bumped :p

wildkarrde0
02-12-2007, 13:26
my only comment would be to say that the horse archers will be vunerable to most shooting or basic magic missiles so you will have to be careful with your positioning of them to above they deaths

other than not your run of the mill tomb king army one thing to consider might be to drop the three chariots move the banner and put the tk in one the other unit s to get two more Ushabti as with alot of unit running a wider frontage due to the rule change all 4 could attack and give a greater chance of breaking a unit more so if you hit the flanks with the chariots.

other than that should be good army

brambleten
02-12-2007, 13:33
your army is seriously at risk to str 7.
a saurus scar vet on the charge with a GW has the posibility of cleaving stright through a unit of chariots at a time, earning his points back rapidly.
too many eggs in onebasket, it sems to me

kyinpie
02-12-2007, 14:35
in my oppinion it seems that your trying to make a mounted list and a shooting list then cramned the 2 into one list!!! and only three charecters!! the tomb kings NEED thier charecters as the rest of the army are either to weak or to expensive!

ifyour going with a mounted army just have 1 king 2 princes on chariots and a priest with the cloak, remember that the charecters are the backbone to your army, so equip them well!! then all chariot units of 3!!
yes its at risk to str7 attacks but,just make sure u send 2-3 units with the king in to kill as much as possible on the charge, so few attacks back or better still none at all!

if your going with shooting you'll need alot of magic, so i would either suggest a high priest 2 priests and a prince on a chariot or a king on a chariot and 3 priests!! have large units of bowmen with light armour (2or3x20) reform them when the enemy get close and tie up units whilst your king and one chariot unit (4+king) come around the flanks and hopefully plough through the flanks, as the archers wont take a unit but hold it there for at least 2 turns! have either one catapult and casket or 2 catapults! have 2 scorpions for picking charecters out of units, etc.

well thats my opinion!! i hope this helps!