PDA

View Full Version : 2000 point Lizardmen (first try)

Xeteus
02-12-2007, 07:05
Slann Mage-Priest - BSB, 2nd generation, Plague of Tepok, Daidem of Power-535
Skink Priest - 2x Dispell Scrolls - 115

2x18 Saurus Warriors - Standard, Champion - 480
2x10 Skink Skirmishers - blow pipes - 120
11 Skink Skirmishers - Javelins + shield, Brave - 71 (Skink Priest here)
2 Jungle Swarms - 120

2x3 Kroxigor - 348
2x3 Terradons - 210

A couple of questions. Can i have a skink priest with skirmishers? What types of lore does the mage-priest know? and Are the riders more effective than terradons?

Any feedback appreciated

-Xeteus

Vsurma
02-12-2007, 10:13
A Slann without the 2+ ward save will go down fast...

Not only will cannons and bolt throwers really destroy the guy but so will S3 BOWS!!! and the like...

When your opponent has the choice of either shooting skinks (skirmishers...often at long range) and hitting on 6s or hitting the Slann on a 4+ you can guess where those arrows are going to go... I tried without the armour for a while, I almost had my slann taken out but S3 bows...

If your not taking the armour then I would take the power familiar on it to allow for more spells to be cast but I woudl go for the armour myself.

Slann can use any lore... or every lore... any number of spells from 1 and the rest from others. That is what makes it such a flexible caster. If you want a certain spell you will most likely get it with you 5 tries but you can also take 1 from each lore if you so wish.

brambleten
02-12-2007, 13:50
skink priests can be put in skirmishers if thats what you were asking. i have no use for terradons, so i dont know which is more effective. instead i use chameleon skinks or salamanders. for the points of the teradons you can have two salamanders and 5 chameleon skinks, i think (210-130=80, then 80-75=5)

Semi_Bunny
02-12-2007, 15:13
i usually dont bring a brave with my skinks, because all it adds is a shot at higher BS, which wont matter much with Javs because you'll usually be hitting on 4s anyway when in range. The other disadvantage is if you get into close combat, you can get challenged and will most likely lose if you accept (and possibly get overkilled), though declining doesnt make too much of a difference. IMHO though, braves for skinks arent worth it. I also agree with bramebleten on the terradons, your better off taking chameleon skinks or salamanders for that job.

brambleten
02-12-2007, 15:44
if you only dropped the swarms and the brave and a skink (making the skinks 10 strong)
they you have the points for 2 salamanders. i would drop the champion on the saurus units and put in 4 more normal skinks to bolster the units, if only to increase teh unit size. you never know, poison shots usually find their mark eventually

Xeteus
02-12-2007, 16:58
Thx for the advice guys. I actually liked the idea of chameleons or salamanders than terradons but i though terradons were supposed to be a staple, so im glad i can take something else. So ill edit this to drop jungle swarms, add in some salamanders and get me slann some protection (scary though of it dieing so fast :cries:)

Thanks a bunch!

-Xeteus

brambleten
02-12-2007, 17:19
most people take terradons to take down artillery, but if you have shouts and enough magic missiles, the war machines come down easily enough

Xeteus
02-12-2007, 23:29
New list :

Slann Mage-Priest - BSB, 2nd Generation, Plaque of Tepok, Daidem of Power, Divine Plaque of Protection - 585
Skink Priest - 2x Dispel Scroll - 115

2x18 Saurus Warriors - Standard, Champion - 480
2x10 Skink Skirmishers - blowpipes, scout - 140
10 Skink Skirmishers - javalins, shields - 60 (Priest here)

2x3 Kroxigor - 348
4 Terradons - 140

2 Salamander Hunting Packs - 130

1998 points

Gave my slann some protections, gave the blowpipes scout just to vary my positions on different armies and some early hits, other skinks to help the priest as he has telepathy on him or just dispell caddy, I kept a unit of Terradons to help against warmachines(thought hit and run might be useful in alot of situations), and Finally i picked up some hunting packs to get a warmachine effect.

Any more feedback appreciated!

-Xeteus

UltimateNagash
03-12-2007, 17:40
I would drop a Champion on one of the Saurus (only use the Champion for challenges that choose your Slann)...

Maybe try and find some points for the Sun Standard for the Slann?