PDA

View Full Version : Lizardmen Border Patrol

Sleepwalker
02-12-2007, 09:42
Thinking of starting Lizardmen after xmas, using the vouchers I know I'm getting to fund it.

Going to start with a border patrol force and currently thinking of:

Saurus Scar-Veteran - Light Armour, Shield, Spawning of Quetzl

15 Saurus Warriors - Full Command, Spears

12 Skink Skirmishers - Scouts

12 Skink Skirmishers

Comes to exactly 500 pts, gives me a solid infantry unit, decent hero and 2 skirmisher units, one of them scouts. To me this looks decent but I've never seen Lizardmen in action and don't even think there are any Lizardmen players that go to my local store.

Can anybody provide a little advice on whether this choice is good or not?

CHOOBER SNIPES
03-12-2007, 01:26
i dont play any coldblooded scaly armies, but looks good to me. the skinks are probably going to be a pain to ur enemy, as he approaches ur saurus. mayb split up unit of 12 non scout skinks into 2 units of 6 (can u do this?) cus this would spread ur area of threat and ability to bring forces to bear. this may sound really, really dumb, but even try charging skinks into the flank or rear of a block of infantry, i do it with my HE shadow warriors all the time. its completely unexpected and can mess up an opponents plans really badly. all they hav to do is hold the enemy for one turn, b/c with only one infantry block u dont want to get flanked and outnumbered and whatnot. try it in a friendly game and if it works great, if not, whatever. good luck hope that works out for ya.

guillaume
03-12-2007, 02:03
okay, well it sounds good. So far these will serve as the core of your army.
If these are the only models you have for now, the only change I would make is to slightly change your scar-vet.

you see, 15 saurus are more than a match for anything. Even full size Bret units cant break them on the charge. This allows you to create a character that can be doing something else than just fighting with the ranks. Also, do not give spears to your saurus, the extra attack rarely comes into play, as you want to do the charging anyways. So no to spears especially in such small games. This will free up a couple of points to kit out your scar veteran.

So, give the scar-vet a great weapon, sotek and give him the jaguar charm (enchanted item). His role is to go and challenge lonely characters, take out warmachines, or destroying chariots. It has Strength 7 with 5 attacks on the charge. With its 9" move , it has enough move to keep himself out of trouble. This character will likely be a big part of your lizardmen armies in the future. Might as well learn to use him early on.

If these are all the models you have, then this list is fine for a border patrol.

If you can get more models, then this is the list I would recommend:

Saurus Scar-Veteran: Great Weapon, Light Armour; Shield, Charm of the Jaguar Warrior

10 scout Skink Skirmishers
10 Skink Skirmishers

1 Salamander Hunting Packs
14 Saurus Warriors with HW and shiedl with standard and champion

this is for a total of 500pts.

This set up allows you to squeeze a salamander in your patrol. Again, these guys will be part of your army early on, so might as well learn to use them now. Also you can buy a single salamander and build your units slowly.

some people might say that you are losing a bonus rank from having 14 saurus (that's true), but I wouldnt worry about that at all. the cold one rule is going to be your best ally during break test, not ranks.

Hope that helps.