PDA

View Full Version : Nagarythe Themed HE List (2k pts)

Cyrano
02-12-2007, 15:23
I've been playing on and off for the past couple of months, and just decided to make a HE list (I already have most of the models too). I've always like the idea behind a Nagarythe Army, and with the addition of Alith Anar to the list, I decided to give it a shot.

I tried to make it the most themed I could, without sacrificing "complete" viability. I don't have a lot of punch, but I hoped that my shooting and mobility would help me choose my fights.

I thought about taking a normal Lord (with Seafarer Bow and Shadow Armor), but for 10 points, I can get 4+ ward save, Hatred, -1 hit, and the fleeing effect from the Shadow Crown. I thought it really was a steal :) My gaming group does not have a problem with Special Character, as long as they don't decide the fate of the game (like Teclis would).

LORDS

Alith Anar
245pts

Mage : Lvl 2, Silver Wand, Ring of Fury
185pts

Mage : Lvl 2, Annulian Crystal
175pts

CORE

10 Archers
110pts

10 Archers
110pts

10Archers
110pts

SPECIAL

8 Shadow Warriors
128pts

8 Shadow Warriors
128pts

5 Ellyrian Reavers : Musician
92pts

5 Ellyrian Reavers : Musician
92pts

6 Silver Helms : Champion, Musician, Shield
162pts

6 Silver Helms : Champion, Musician, Shield
162pts

RARE

3 RBTs
300pts

1999 pts
80 models
6 PD/ 5 DD

Dead Man Walking
02-12-2007, 15:33
It is a nice themed army but beyond the silverhelms you really have no punching power. Salamanders or organ guns are going to eat this list for breakfast as you have no rank bonus units and silverhelms are mid-range hitting units at best. They won't be able to break a high end unit (dwarf specials, saurus, chaos warriors/knights, brittonian calvary, swordmasters, ect.) on the charge. They will be annoying to be sure but all your opponent has to do is take out the silverhelms and take its time with the rest since they have no high end damage potential and cost way too much for what they do. You only have 38 models, most of those with no armor saves.