PDA

View Full Version : National Time travelers day

vampires are cool!
02-12-2007, 15:36
December 7th is national pretend your a time traveler day. I for one will be spending my entire day running around in a dusty trench coat with a bar code penned on my face and approaching people in the street and screaming "what year is it?"

Please post your days plans, or just leave a comment.

TheSonOfAbbadon
02-12-2007, 15:39
You read Dresden Codak too, huh?

Fortunately the 7th is a weekend day, so I won't be embaressed to do it in school like I am with International Talk Like a Pirate Day.

Agrip. Varenus Denter
02-12-2007, 15:43
I'm ready!

Rabid Bunny 666
02-12-2007, 15:45
I have an essay due in the 7th, so i'll stay up all night on the 6th so i completely lose track of time.

vampires are cool!
02-12-2007, 15:50
Dito. Agrip. that is truly awesome.

The pestilent 1
02-12-2007, 15:51
Run out from a side street with a look of horror on face.
Approach random stranger, demanding the date.
say "Oh lord I'm too late! It's going to happen again!"
Run away.
???
PROFIT!

Or more likely;
???
Arrested for disturbing the peace

Reabe
02-12-2007, 16:16
I was wondering about this, and then remembered that there were a load of French shirts for the 2012 Olympic Games, which became useless when Britain won the rights to host it. I thought about getting one of those and pretending to be from an alternative universe, rather than from the future of this universe. :p

I'm not taking part, on fears of being arrested for disturbing the peace and not having any good ideas. If I had a group of friends to do it with, I'd stage some sort of "Capturing a Prisoner from the Future"-stunt. A man in grey, prisoner-like clothing would run around asking the date, say "That means there's still time to stop it happening!". He would then run off, but be captured by a bunch of men wearing black suits and sunglasses from a white van. The "future prisoner" would be bundled in the van, one of the men in black would declare "You saw nothing", say something into his ear piece about the "chrono-convict" being captured and the van would drive off.

TheSonOfAbbadon
02-12-2007, 16:16
If I get arrested I know the police's powers of arrest so I can just tell them that they're illegally arresting me and then sue them at a later date.

They can't tell you to remove your hat, and they can't search your bag without your permission or a warrant.

However, if you don't let them search your bag, then they could arrest you on suspicision of carrying something illegal in there.

However, they can only detain you for 24 hours normally, 36 with the permission of a senior police officer, up to 96 with permission from a magistrate.

And they can only stop you seeing a solicitor for 36 hours, unless they believe seeing a solicitor will alert criminals on the outside, in which case a senior police officer can stop you from seeing one indefinitely.

However, a solicitor must be present at all interviews, as well as your parent/guardian or carer depending on age and ability.

Reabe
02-12-2007, 16:21
Huh. That would be useful to have sent around, just in case people are arrested for their playful highjinks. Here's the forum post about the "Pretend to be a Time Traveler Day" thing for the clueless. (http://forums.koalawallop.net/viewtopic.php?t=1719&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0)

Khorghan
02-12-2007, 16:23
i saw this on facebook about a week ago, ill probably be on my rooftop with a bb gun shooting nerds that think their funny

The pestilent 1
02-12-2007, 16:41
i saw this on facebook about a week ago, ill probably be on my rooftop with a bb gun shooting nerds that think their funny

For some reason I feel obliged to correct all the spelling and grammatical mistakes you made.

Maybe cos you're a killjoy :p

lord_blackfang
02-12-2007, 16:51

Sounds like the best idea so far!

Seriously, keep the stupid internet fads out of real life :rolleyes:

The pestilent 1
02-12-2007, 16:54
Sounds like the best idea so far!

You say that like it's a new thing? :eyebrows:

El Presedente
02-12-2007, 17:04
I already travel through time, forwards, one second at a time :p

SV_Harlequin
02-12-2007, 17:08
Thought National Time Traveller Day for the UK was October.

Reabe
02-12-2007, 17:42

... How is it an Internet Fad? The idea of Pretend to be a Time Traveller Day spawned far beyond from LolCats and YTMND.

It's more of a use of the Internet in order to spread ideas about confusing people who haven't had the ideas spread to them yet.

I mean, if someone where to organise the beginnings of some sort of prank/stunt on the internet, would that be an Internet Fad?

Arnizipal
02-12-2007, 17:49
You read Dresden Codak too, huh?

Fortunately the 7th is a weekend day, so I won't be embaressed to do it in school like I am with International Talk Like a Pirate Day.
Actually, the 7th is a friday. :p

Aw c'mon you gotta admit these ones are funny:

- Stand in front of a statue (any statue, really), fall to your knees, and yell "NOOOOOOOOO"

- Take some trinket with you (it can be anything really), hand it to some stranger, along with a phone number and say "In thirty years dial this number. You'll know what to do after that." Then slip away.

Not that I'll be doing any of that, but I would be rather amused to see it actually happening.

El Presedente
02-12-2007, 17:56
Isn't every Doctor Who convention 'Pretend you're a time traveller day'?

nurgle_boy
02-12-2007, 18:55
If I get arrested I know the police's powers of arrest so I can just tell them that they're illegally arresting me and then sue them at a later date.

They can't tell you to remove your hat, and they can't search your bag without your permission or a warrant.

However, if you don't let them search your bag, then they could arrest you on suspicision of carrying something illegal in there.

However, they can only detain you for 24 hours normally, 36 with the permission of a senior police officer, up to 96 with permission from a magistrate.

And they can only stop you seeing a solicitor for 36 hours, unless they believe seeing a solicitor will alert criminals on the outside, in which case a senior police officer can stop you from seeing one indefinitely.

However, a solicitor must be present at all interviews, as well as your parent/guardian or carer depending on age and ability.

Someone is taking AS law as well it would seem :D

And they can request the removal of your hat, unless it is a piece of religious clothing. they may also pat down your hair:wtf:

I'm gonna have to do something for this, and most likely due to my recent fascination of shaven fruits, i will bring one back from the future in an attempt to save the world from a fruit-hair based disaster.

TheSonOfAbbadon
02-12-2007, 19:01
Someone is taking AS law as well it would seem :D

Indeedly. I'm workign at an A and all. I pwn at law.

I suck at Geography though.

And they can request the removal of your hat, unless it is a piece of religious clothing. they may also pat down your hair:wtf:

I thought that they couldn't request the removal of your hat in case it might be a piece of religious clothing?

Although what you said makes more sense.

I'm gonna have to do something for this, and most likely due to my recent fascination of shaven fruits, i will bring one back from the future in an attempt to save the world from a fruit-hair based disaster.

Remember to use anachronistic language and refer to famous people who are now actually dead.

Bubble Ghost
02-12-2007, 19:14
I really thought this was going to be a "last Tuesday is Time Travellers' Day, what are you doing to celebrate?" joke. I'm a little disappointed.

mistformsquirrel
03-12-2007, 04:47
Hmm...

I have a trenchcoat... I have spraypaint... where can I get football pads and a high tech visor cheap... >.>; Dystopian future, here I come! <.<

<3 random stuff like this.

Wonder what I could do for a weapon that wouldn't get me arrested though <-.->;; Maybe a glowie ring or something that could be a laser >.<;

bertcom1
03-12-2007, 12:13
Time travelers day again, eh?

Next years was OK, but the one after it sucked.

Terminatorphoenix
03-12-2007, 12:51
I'm trying to convince my friend and his girlfriend to dress up as the Doctor and Rose repectively while I walk around Stoke in a clean freshly tailored suit and a Laser Screwdriver claiming to be the Prime Minister that nobody remembers.

pookie
03-12-2007, 14:56
Time travelers day again, eh?

Next years was OK, but the one after it sucked.

ah but the one after that's a scream.....

Lostanddamned
03-12-2007, 19:00
ah but the one after that's a scream.....

It will be awesome, I've been 3 times this week.

The pestilent 1
03-12-2007, 19:02
It will be awesome, I've been 3 times this week.

Three?
Pbbt. I went five times next Saturday alone!

snurl
04-12-2007, 06:32
Three?
Pbbt. I went five times next Saturday alone!

Maybe next time you'll get it right then? :D

vyper
04-12-2007, 13:39
wait.. is it on the 7th, or the 8th?

OP says 7th, websites say 8th....

Lostanddamned
04-12-2007, 18:04
Well its on the 7th, but most of us don't do anything till the 8th to be honest.