PDA

View Full Version : Necrons in Bloodbowl

EVIL INC
02-12-2007, 17:52
I am sure I am not the first to think of this but how many of you have thought to use necrons as skeletons in bloodbowl?
They look like armored skeletons so the image would be appropriate. It would also provide a few extra green rods for your necron army to use for conversions if you played them. Your team would likely be uniuque in your group and they only have 4 less models per box then fantasy skeletons.

Grimtuff
02-12-2007, 17:55
The same reason they're not used in WHFB. They're not Skellies in armour.

They're a walking motif for death, as you said "armoured skeletons". Not "skeletons with armour" there is a subtle diffence there.

Kasonic
02-12-2007, 18:00
That's a pretty cool idea IMO.

Immortals already have huge football shoulders.

EVIL INC
02-12-2007, 18:15
Yes, necromancer/alchemist making the bones themselves armored rather then adding armor onto them afterwards. Then again, you could do both. have the "armored skeleton" wearing additionl armor as well.
I just happened to pick up a box (to look at, not to buy) last night and the thought crossed my mind and I thought "cool, and I remember seeing people on warseer wanting to know how they could get extra rods".
Just another example of how you can combine the differing games and save $.

Cry of the Wind
02-12-2007, 20:42
Interesting idea but I don't think the models look right at all. Skeletons and Necrons are not the same thing and I think anyone you met to play bloodbowl with would ask you why the heck are you playing necrons in a fantasy set game. I'd get tired of that pretty quickly.

Xgladar
02-12-2007, 22:43
oh please,bloodbowl is mostly played with converted models anyway,using necrons as skeletons would be awsome

MoopMoop
03-12-2007, 00:00
I'd say that it would be very feasible, as long as you have some measure of bone on the miniatures. replacing the head (with a helmeted skull?), some limbs, etc, and it's good for go.

Agrip. Varenus Denter
03-12-2007, 05:00
The same reason they're not used in WHFB. They're not Skellies in armour.

Of course not... they're Tomb Kings! :)

SV_Harlequin
03-12-2007, 05:33
Is the head's that are the Problem seeing as they are robotic they don't look like proper skulls, if you dealt with that then yeah they would be great.

EVIL INC
03-12-2007, 20:01
It seems that this thread has gone about as far as it will go in 40k general. Is it posible to move it to the Blood Bowl Section so that Blood Bowl players can add thier input?