PDA

View Full Version : Club Dice

the1stpip
02-12-2007, 20:04
Now, I may be posting this in 40k, but it equally applies to fantasy.

I have just been down to GW Lenton for their Thank you Day, and while I was there, I played a wonderful chap at fantasy (Beasts v Beasts, for those interested), we had a fun game (which ended in a draw) and had a good time.

At the end of the game, he asked me if I wanted to swap some dice. We had been using our respective club dice, and I thought this was a really nice idea. We only swapped three, but it was the perfect end to a great game.

Now I am going to adopt this approach when I play some outside of our club, who also has club dice, if I have a good, fun game with them, and I was wondering...

1) Do you have specific club dice, and if so, what do they look like?

and 2) Would you consider this approach, or do you already?

For the record, my Gobstyks dice are 16mm red dice with white spots, and a black squig in place of the one.

Templar Ben
02-12-2007, 20:50
I have never heard of club dice.

Seth the Dark
02-12-2007, 21:01
In my neck of the woods there is a club called Ordo Fanaticus which uses large F's in place of the 6.

lord_blackfang
02-12-2007, 21:10
Wouldn't it make more sense for every person at a club to have different dice?

the1stpip
02-12-2007, 21:29
They do, but when we go to tournaments and such like, it helps to create a club unity. There are a number of companies that produce dice to customer designs, but you have to order a large number, making it only really feasible for clubs.

ReDavide
02-12-2007, 21:33
I've traded dice with particularly enjoyable opponents, but usually just as a farewell gift after knowing them a while. And always just my personal dice, not club ones.

Cry of the Wind
02-12-2007, 21:36
Interesting idea, the club I gamed at for awhile didn't do that and I'm now playing mostly in tournaments and at GWs so it won't be something I'll be seeing anytime soon. I persoanlly would rather have my own dice for my own army but I'm on of those people that likes matching dice for their force.

Hand of Dume
03-12-2007, 02:18
my dice are black with red dots and were bought specifically for my khorne army. it took alot of looking to find them and i would never trade or give them away. it might mess up my "mojo" with the other ones.

max the dog
03-12-2007, 02:18
I've heard of it but not often. Usually it's after someone is caught cheating with rigged dice. Normally the idea dies a quick and grateful death.

the1stpip
03-12-2007, 08:03
Interesting point though. Apparently, the first person ever got ejected from a GT, after he was found to be using loaded dice.

Gaebriel
03-12-2007, 09:38
They do, but when we go to tournaments and such like, it helps to create a club unity. There are a number of companies that produce dice to customer designs, but you have to order a large number, making it only really feasible for clubs.
We don't have club dice, but the idea is great - also makes great items of promotion, giving out single dice, or swapping sets, hmm...

As most people I know take great care selecting their personal dice, I don't think a swap on a personal level will ever be popular ;)

Takitron
03-12-2007, 11:21
Chessex will make dice for you, my FLGS has a ton that they give out to tournament winners or as bonus prizes

They are swirly red with gold pips and an anvil as the 1