PDA

View Full Version : VC army list needs help

soulstealer666
02-12-2007, 22:36
i tried this in the wrong bit of the forum opps try agian...

ok i put this army together it does ok but i want to do better, any and all critque is good so long as it helps me.

von C count @301
Lv2
dark majesty
ring of night
ccw

thrall @137
barded nighmare
lance
hvy armour
walking death
sheild

necro @150
lv2
book of arkhan
D. scroll

necro @150
staff of damnation
biting blade

24 skeletons @ 265 with Vamp c.
full command
light armour

25 skeletons @275
full command
light armour

5 dire wolves @50

5 gouls 40

6 black knights @235 with vamp t
full command
barding
banner of barrows

6 black knights @215
full command
barding
warbanner

banshee @90

banshee@90

i intened to raise lots of zombies on the way, the Bk's are supposed to either get the flank with the wolves and gouls screening banshees are there because they are soooo good, both of the necos hide in skeleton unit or a zombie unit once its raised.

Makarion
02-12-2007, 23:32
i tried this in the wrong bit of the forum opps try agian...

ok i put this army together it does ok but i want to do better, any and all critque is good so long as it helps me.

von C count @301
Lv2
dark majesty
ring of night
ccw

Sounds fair. Even if he is to join the skeletons I'd have him mounted, though.

thrall @137
barded nighmare
lance
hvy armour
walking death
sheild

I'm personally a fan of a Wight Lord in my knights, but this isn't bad.

necro @150
lv2
book of arkhan
D. scroll

Solid

necro @150
staff of damnation
biting blade

Ditch the Biting Blade, I see no use for it.

24 skeletons @ 265 with Vamp c.
full command
light armour

25 skeletons @275
full command
light armour

I'd drop the skeleton units down to 20 if you plan to summon with your 3 level 2s, and probably take the command off the second unit.

5 dire wolves @50

Got to love them. Only 1 unit, though?

5 gouls 40

I am particularly fond of ghouls, but 5 is either too many or not enough. I'd wield them 8 per unit.

6 black knights @235 with vamp t
full command
barding
banner of barrows

Very good, but 7 wide is too hard to maneuver. Drop one of them?

6 black knights @215
full command
barding
warbanner

Excellent

banshee @90

banshee@90

Hmmmm, I guess. My luck with them is rotten, though, and I'd prefer more wolves or spirit hosts.

i intened to raise lots of zombies on the way, the Bk's are supposed to either get the flank with the wolves and gouls screening banshees are there because they are soooo good, both of the necos hide in skeleton unit or a zombie unit once its raised.

Good luck, let us know how it works!

Red_Duke
03-12-2007, 09:06
Personally id have the count mounted, with a lance, and walking death. The Thrall id have on foot with the flayed hauberk, a GW, and wolf form, and stick him in a unit of wolves (ideally 10).

Necro with biting blade is pointless, and id say your skeleton units are waaay to big for starting. If youre wanting big units, its generally not necessary for more than 20 in each.

Personally i like to use a big unit of 9 knights with a count in it with a warbanner (giving superb static CR) and a smaller unbarded unit of 5, which go wide for flanks and warmachines. Id take plenty of direwolves, as just 5 arent going to get you that far. Id suggest either 3 units of 5, or 1 5 and 1 10.

2 banshees are ok, but theyre a bit easy to kill now in 7th edition that they can be marchblocked. id also go for 10 ghouls at least - either in 2 units of 5, or 1 unit of 10. Really handy against certain armies.

Id probably go for 2 units of 15 for the skels too - with full comm and LA, then start trying to raise more at the start of the game. Opponents often seem to let this one through for some reason, while they'll fight tooth and nail to stop you getting off a raising new unit spell...

Oh, and a thrall with direwolves gives the unit surprising punch - can pretty reliably hack through most things at that point, and most importantly, it can then deal with chariots, and can even have reasonable success in the flank of a large based unit (like ogres)

soulstealer666
04-12-2007, 02:14
thanks to both of you your advice has been realy useful, i will re-write up a list soon and re-post it on this thread, once ive though abou it some more

cheers

soulstealer

heinrichvoncarstein
04-12-2007, 18:27
i would say that your lord need better protection, remember that if your general dies, you're screwed and 5+ ward just doesn't cover it. Give him the crown of the damned, or you could do like me and use the carstein ring.

soulstealer666
05-12-2007, 03:39
ok this is the product of collating all of your responses and from other forums, tell me what you think...

von C count @325
Lv2
dark majesty
crown of damed
sword of striking

thrall @137
barded nighmare
lance
hvy armour
walking death
sheild

necro @150
lv2
book of arkhan
D. scroll

necro @140
staff of damnation

15 skeletons @175
full command
light armour

15 skeletons @175
full command
light armour

15 skeletons @150
light armour

5 dire wolves @50

5 dire wolves @50

6 gouls 48

5 black knights @235 with vamp t
full command
barding
banner of barrows

6 black knights @215
full command
barding
warbanner

banshee @90

banshee@90

vorac
05-12-2007, 05:17
imo your better having the screaming banner on a unit of BK rather than the Banner of Barrows, that way you can make small units run without even needing to attack and then you run them down or you place direwolves behind the enemy unit. i would also not take the sword of striking with a count he just doesn't have enough attacks, either take a GW or additinal handweapon, and if you have ever played DE you would know never take something that makes you stupid esspecially on a LD 9 count, take the Carstein ring.

Make those units of skellies 2 units of 20 with the new magic rules in 7th it is a lot harder to cast spells which means you need to have decent sized units before the game, i'd also drop 1 banshee for more ghouls, if you can make 3 units of 6 or 2 units plus more direwolves.

soulstealer666
05-12-2007, 18:32
more like this...

alot of people have told me to take more ghouls after i re posted that previous list on another forum, im happy to try just about any thing atm, the screaming banners a good idea that i am willing to try ill let you know how it goes,

von C count @346
Lv2
ccw
Castein ring

thrall @137
barded nighmare
lance
hvy armour
walking death
sheild

necro @150
lv2
book of arkhan
D. scroll

necro @150
power familar

20 skeletons @225
full command
light armour

20 skeletons @225
full command
light armour

5 dire wolves @50

5 dire wolves @50

6 gouls @48

5 gouls @40

5 gouls @40

5 black knights @230 with vamp t
full command
barding
screaming banner

6 black knights @215
full command
barding
warbanner

banshee @90

cheers

soulstealer

Nephilim of Sin
05-12-2007, 18:47
I personally do not think it looks too bad. The ghouls can be used effectively, as can the dire wolves. Personally, I like bigger units myself, and would see the Black Knights better used if somewhat bigger (maybe a 5 and a 10), but if you are not using them for you main combat units, but more as flankers, I can see the versatility of making them smaller.

Just wondering, where are you going to be placing your characters? Mainly I was wondering about the Count. The reason I was asking was because if you are intending on putting them in any of your skeleton units, you can drop 1 skelie from the unit and add something else (to make it an even 20 in the beginning).

soulstealer666
07-12-2007, 01:58
Good Point thanks Nephilim, i will be droping 2 skeletons out of 1 unit and 1 skeleton from another for the count,

the BKs are supposed to be flankers just having the vamp thers for an extra boost, in one of my original drafts i had a unit of 11 Bks with the vamp and 5 for flanking,

cheers

soulstealer

soulstealer666
07-12-2007, 02:04
ok final draft before the weekend, and some important games...

von C count @346
Lv2
ccw
Castein ring

thrall @137
barded nighmare
lance
hvy armour
walking death
sheild

necro @150
lv2