PDA

View Full Version : Few questions concerning Vostroyans.

Azyriel
03-12-2007, 02:14
I am about to start up 40k and was contemplating going with IG specifically Vostroyans. However, a few things have me slightly discouraged that i would like to have clarified.

Are Vostroyans still being produced or is whats left it as far as stock ?

Also, do i have to use the doctrine they give or can i use my own. Secondly, is it possible to find the WD317(might actually be 316) rules for them anywhere legally ?

wickedvoodoo
03-12-2007, 02:21
As far as the doctrines go, use which ever you like. Only a real **** would try and pick you out on that.

Dunno whether they are still being made tho, they are fairly new so i imagine so.

Light of the Emperor
03-12-2007, 02:21
Join the Firstborn! We can always use more generals!

Vostroyans are no longer available on store shelves. They were a splash release during the Medusa V campaign. To get them, you'll have to go through the GW online store or ebay. Some indy stores still have some blisters on their shelves too.
To my knowledge they are still produced.
The platoon box, however, is no longer available. The cost for the contents is about the same individually, but you got different heavy weapons, special weapons and a platoon command unit.

You do not necessarily need to use their doctrines.
As for rules, are you referring to their doctrines? That's the only difference between them and other guard armies.

For more Vostroyan stuff, check out the Vostroyan Thread in the painting forum for a collection of models and ideas.

Azyriel
03-12-2007, 02:27
Alright, thank you guys !

My store has some stuff left and i don't mind going through the online store but i don't want to end up not being able to buy more if they are not being produced any more so i just wanted to check on that.

As far as the rules i am talking about i heard that in one of the white dwarfs that had a description of them also gave alternate rules that actually made there weapons better or something.

Light of the Emperor
03-12-2007, 02:36
Hmm...if I remember, the batrep they fought in was cityfight so they must have had some stratagems that improved their shooting...like ammo dump or power generator.

Azyriel
03-12-2007, 02:45
That could be it. Thank you for all the help Light of the Emperor and i was looking at your Vostroyan project log and its utterly amazing !!
If you haven't yet read it might i suggest reading Rebel Winter awesome book with Vostroyans in it.

I <3 W
03-12-2007, 09:33
hmm my store has pretty much all the vostroyan stuff

oh yeah ps theyre kewl! start