PDA

View Full Version : Help me

Vesica
03-12-2007, 02:23
hey there, for some strange and annoying reason i can no longer seem to make a decent sm list (da codex) i can never seem to make my hqs fit into my over all plan and this is leading me to look at other armies to make and i really want to make my sm list.

Any advice? am i expecting to much from my hqs? or should i just ammend my force ideas to fit in with my hqs?

Thanks for any advice.

p.s or should i just drop my sm force for the moment and pick up another army for a while?

ssgtdude
03-12-2007, 02:27
Before anyone can answer this it might help if you give a bit more detail on what you want to accomplish with your HQ's

PotatoLegs
03-12-2007, 02:28
:rolleyes:

Well, to give you a chance perhaps a little insight as to what your magical plan is first would help?

Vesica
03-12-2007, 14:55
basically my problem is i want a my hqs to be good at close combat (eg lightning claws and jump pack on a master and a interro chappy) but i know that the rest of the marine force arnt as good at cc so i end up with melee hqs and the rest of my force been stand and shoot.

I was going to do a BA jumppack force but it seemed a little pricey to make.

thanks,

p.s im not to keen on taking tanks either so you can probably see my problem.

p.p.s Should i drop my sm force to just a 'for fun list' and take up another force.

Skyth
03-12-2007, 14:57
Well, have the master and chappie each lead a small assault squad (5 man w/fist). Then use combat squads as a firebase and a move up units.

Or scrap using them as DA and use them as C:SM :)

Vesica
03-12-2007, 15:02
yea i think i will probably make a new army till my sm creative juices start to flow again.

Eulenspiegel
03-12-2007, 15:19
Do you want to play a close-combat oriented Marine army? Which style do you prefer?

If your lists end up that way, maybe you´re more into stand-and-shoot.

You can keep your HQs melee, as a counter-assault. Just give them small-ish Assault Squads with Powerfist armed Sergeants and you´re set. Just remember not to jump them across the table at all costs :)

PotatoLegs
03-12-2007, 20:10
I still don't get it... when were DA lists EVER focussed around strong CC units? Having said that, what is wrong with the CC options you DO get? An assault squad is still an assault squad, and the vets still have 2 attacks each with access to extra CCW, 3 PWs/PFs and combat shields.

Perhaps the DA list isn't 'optimised' for CC, but they're far from being useless at it.

Beyond that, it looks like you started having a specific idea of what you wanted your army to do, before you even picked up the DA codex. So why were you trying to do this with the Dark Angels?

Vesica
03-12-2007, 20:28
What happened was ages ago i made a list i was fairly happy with using the DA codex lay out, but now i just cant seem to please myself.

I love both CC and stand and shoot, part of me is screaming 'more blood for the blood god' and wanting to beat my opponents around the head with there own hands, and the other part is 'open fire' and wanting to shoot the hell out of my enemy till they are less of a threat than a small kitten.

PotatoLegs
03-12-2007, 21:03
Well there's no reason why you can't do that with the current DA codex - head to the Tactica forum and find the Dark Angels tactica, there's plenty of army builds and tactics that should give you the ideas you want