PDA

View Full Version : Characters in Skirmisher

Blaklabel
03-12-2007, 02:45
If a unit of Skirmishers are joined by a Character and they charge but the Character is out of range is he placed in the fray or at the back of unit?
Same question with Musicians, Bearers, and Champions.

Makarion
03-12-2007, 02:49
The way I understand it, command and characters are always put in the front of a unit, once it lines up.
Only the nearest model of a skirmishing unit is counted when determining whether a charge succeeds or fails.

Blaklabel
03-12-2007, 02:51
I'm jsut confused because the rules say characters are at the front but in skirmishing units it says if they cannot reach the combat they are placed at the rear rank.

Greyfire
03-12-2007, 03:04
The way I understand it, command and characters are always put in the front of a unit, once it lines up.
Only the nearest model of a skirmishing unit is counted when determining whether a charge succeeds or fails.
He's thinking of the part of the skirmisher rule that says that if a model does not have sufficient movement to reach the enemy that model is put on the second (or other) ranks.

You're right on a successful charge - but not all skirmishers may end up fighting. I think the character uses his own movement and may end up getting stuck in a second rank too, but I don't have the book with me. If no one else gives a good answer I'll check in a little bit.

*EDIT*

Nope, I'm mistaken, and Makarion is quite correct. Page 65 of the hardback edition, second column, last paragraph. The character will get bumped up to the front to have a go at the enemy.

-=- Steve

Bolter Bait
03-12-2007, 17:38
Wow, and I thought that "whipping" was bad in 40k. Thank you WHFB for proving me wrong.