PDA

View Full Version : Pwnd!!!

The_Chaos_Seer
16-09-2005, 16:25
So, I've come into the ragile position of webdesigner of an unheard of website called Pwnd. We have our own server with a lot of space and bandwidth, I've been told. I won't give you the link just yet, 'cause I've yet to even start the design...

So, what I'm wanting is - What would you expect on a website called Pwnd? Lets aswsume for a moment that the link is www.pwnd.co.jp (It's not, but let's assume). What would you expect?

I'm including a poll of stuff, but I want your insight too since this is just stuff I thought up.

Yodhrin
16-09-2005, 16:48
Something Else - I would expect whoever thought of the name to change it or commit Seppuku. No offense or anything, I just hate that "word".

Brimstone
16-09-2005, 17:20
Chaos Seer please change your sig length to comply with Warseer Regs.

skavenguy13
16-09-2005, 19:30
The linky doesn't work for me, is it normal?

Bmaxwell
16-09-2005, 19:40
I would figure it would be a Gameing site. cause thats were its used the most "pwn' that is

Hideous Loon
16-09-2005, 19:41
No, skavenguy, it's not. 'Twas just a suggestion on what URL the site COULD have had. The idea of a "Pwnd" website sounds funny for some reason, btw. Just remember, children, humourous videos and jokes are always funny, but try to limit your choices to films and stories where people de facto get Pnwd, because otherwise it wouldn't be special and cool.

x-esiv-4c
16-09-2005, 21:29
Gardening website.

That would rock.

Kargos Bloodspit
16-09-2005, 21:36
Surely they've told you what kind of a site its meant to be if you're designing it? I personally wouldn't start until I knew what THEY wanted.... their bandwidth and all. Its all part of research stages...... eh heh... (hell, i don't know what I'm talking about to be honest, i've only done one freelance website so far and they want me to be their official layout designer :wtf: ... scary :p)

The pestilent 1
16-09-2005, 21:40
" you got Pwned like Ironhide"
an inside joke alas. but who cares?

edit: probably should explain this one.
Ironhide, is basicly, the "hardest" Transformer of them all.
he then proceeded to get shot to hell in the third scene of transformers the movie, causing great outrage, because, as they say "he's way to hard to get Pwned like that"

and thus. an unexpected Pwning.

The_Chaos_Seer
16-09-2005, 22:27
Surely they've told you what kind of a site its meant to be if you're designing it? I personally wouldn't start until I knew what THEY wanted.... their bandwidth and all. Its all part of research stages...... eh heh... (hell, i don't know what I'm talking about to be honest, i've only done one freelance website so far and they want me to be their official layout designer :wtf: ... scary :p)

lol. Well, this guy has no idea what he wanted to do with the site, in fact, it's already up. To sum up the website, "I don't know what I'm doing here yet, here's some videos, if you want to help me, e-mail me."

He told me that he has tons of storage, and even more bw, so that neither are problems. He's already hosting I think 13 videos, and if he's not even come near his limit of storage, I'd not fear for the sites bw or storage.

And I know how you feel. I mean, I went from this Grd 12 returning student wanting to make some movies to the web designer for Pwnd!. I'm like "What's going on, eh?" 'cause I'm Canadian :D.

Penitent
16-09-2005, 22:37
I see "pwned", and I think of Counter-Strike. So, I voted for gaming.

But, we don't need another CS website. I say include gaming as part of the content, but include other stuff. So, I also voted for humorous videos of people getting pwned.

Kargos Bloodspit
17-09-2005, 00:04
lol. Well, this guy has no idea what he wanted to do with the site, in fact, it's already up. To sum up the website, "I don't know what I'm doing here yet, here's some videos, if you want to help me, e-mail me."

He told me that he has tons of storage, and even more bw, so that neither are problems. He's already hosting I think 13 videos, and if he's not even come near his limit of storage, I'd not fear for the sites bw or storage.

What are the videos of?

Could just use the site as a place for people to submit videos and stuff. Maybe a forum... bit of gaming stuff.....

Aurelien
17-09-2005, 00:21
I got linked to a site a while back with a video about people getting pwned, except some of them may have died, so it wasnt really that funny.

Why not try to be inventive with a site like that, instead of going with the usual 1337 'I am teh bestest' ******y?

The_Chaos_Seer
17-09-2005, 00:31
LLuckily I'm an inventive person. I'm sure I'll find something unique.

What I'm thinking right now is fan based stories and videos of them pwnding or being pwnd hardcore in games, but sent directly to me and seen if they're worthy enough to be on the site. Plus a forum, definitly shirts that use various things like "i pwnd j00 n00b" or something.

ACtually, that's not that unique - But I won't be alone in the creation process, so lets hope I can pull something good out of my ass :D.

The_Chaos_Seer
17-09-2005, 18:01
Would anyone watch a series called Total Pwnage? I don't really know what it'd be about - yet. But would you give it a chance?