PDA

View Full Version : Witchhunter's Codex

Wyatt
03-12-2007, 18:43
Hi, wondering if someone can help me. I'm about to buy Codex Witchhunters off eBay, as it's less than half the price of buying it new. But it shows no image of the codex. I made this mistake last time I bought a codex, I ended up with the SM codex with the Crimson Fists on the front instead of the new one :) (It's cool, but not up to date).

Has there been more than one version of the Codex Witchhunters, or is the 3rd ed one the only one? (I know SoB existed beforehand, but I think the codex was called Sisters of Battle not Witchhunters, right?)

rintinglen
03-12-2007, 18:48
Ask the sellar for the copyright date--the current one is copyright 2003.

Lord Damocles
03-12-2007, 18:56
Only one version of witchunters as far as I'm aware:).

Godgolden
03-12-2007, 18:57
there is only one version of witch hunters, so its fool proof :)

The Judge
03-12-2007, 18:59
If you get the old Sisters of Battle codex, fairplay to you, it's a very nice book to own.

Wyatt
03-12-2007, 19:50
I'm ordering it then :)

Thanks everyone. Just wanted to make sure. (Is copyright date always foolproof though? I know when I used to collect Pokemon cards the copyrights were often 3 years in advance).

ctsteel
03-12-2007, 19:56
its not totally foolproof in that the copyright doesn't change when a second or third printing is made with slight changes included - eg the previous chaos codex had three versions, only the third of which I think mentioned that it was the third printing.

but witchhunters hasn't been reprinted yet so you're set.

PlasticFork
03-12-2007, 20:32
but witchhunters hasn't been reprinted yet so you're set.

Yes it has. I read some FAQs for the Codex that said it would be updated in the next reprint.

I checked them with my copy, which showed corrected rules.

Wyatt
03-12-2007, 20:50
Well, the FAQ's are freely available anyway so it wont make much difference, right? I tend to write down the necessary stuff anyway so I don't have to keep flicking through the books. Can leave the codices in my case.

PlasticFork
03-12-2007, 21:00
Well, the FAQ's are freely available anyway so it wont make much difference, right? I tend to write down the necessary stuff anyway so I don't have to keep flicking through the books. Can leave the codices in my case.

Witch Hunters FAQ 4.01 (http://us.games-workshop.com/errata/assets/witch_hunters_faq_v4-0.pdf)

I usually end up flicking through the Codex. Might do the same as you until I've got the rules off pat.

Bregalad
03-12-2007, 22:07
This Codex might become rare, as you can't get it in German any more. GW has replaced it by a free pdf-file with just the rules (no hobby chapter).
Be aware that the Tactics forum has a very good WH Tactica.