PDA

View Full Version : only Carsteins?

sing Sang a song
04-12-2007, 00:33
i have been reading all sorts of infos for VC and i have found few special characters and little dissapointed that there will be only 5 Carstein bloodline models is it true???

redbaron998
04-12-2007, 00:47
i have been reading all sorts of infos for VC and i have found few special characters and little dissapointed that there will be only 5 Carstein bloodline models is it true???

I think the rumours are going that way....I myself would have liked to see something more diverse...like 1 or 2 carsetins, a Blood Dragon, and like one per major bloodline.

Oh well...

nagash66
04-12-2007, 13:34

You say that as its a bad thing.:p

redbaron998
04-12-2007, 18:00
You say that as its a bad thing.:p

Yes it is a bad thing, cause they are all just one bloodline, players who like other bloodlines are just ignored.

silence
04-12-2007, 18:15
I think it is regressing to how it used to be when there where only Carsteins and no other types of vampire, which is a shame :(

Delmont
04-12-2007, 18:56
But there are no longer blood lines so its kind of hard to have a special character from one that doesn't exist... At least if the rumors are true there are no more blood lines.

Gorbad Ironclaw
04-12-2007, 20:42
Besides, those are just the special characters. You can build tons of perfectly good and different vampires, so who cares...

DDogwood
04-12-2007, 20:48
I think it is regressing to how it used to be when there where only Carsteins and no other types of vampire, which is a shame :(

I don't remember a time like that. Before the Undead army was split into the Vampire Counts and the Tomb Kings, there were just 'vampires'. The Von Carsteins weren't a 'bloodline' as such; Vlad and Isabella Von Carstein were just two vampire Special Characters. An Undead army could also field a 'generic' vampire, and none of the other vampire models looked particularly 'Von Carstein'.

redbaron998
04-12-2007, 20:56
But there are no longer blood lines so its kind of hard to have a special character from one that doesn't exist... At least if the rumors are true there are no more blood lines.

The bloodlines still exist Fluffwise. Instead of choosing a specific bloodline for your vamp though, you buy certain bloodline power...witch witch if you want you can pretty much make the current bloodline vamps

Khorghan
04-12-2007, 21:07

Are you retarted? no one ever said that! why does everyone think this? can people not read some words so they just pick and choose which ones they like most?

"Gav feels the bloodlines are too restrictive. allusions were made to more customizable vampires. the bloodlines should serve as examples, not restrictions. "

+

"Gav Thorpe has said (a few times I think) that the whole bloodline bit will be toned down a lot in the new book they will remain as examples only."

= "THERE ARE NO MORE BLOODLINES!!!!"

so many times ive explained to people that the fluff of the bloodlines still remain and and that the rules are going to be less restrictive and that there is going to be a list of bloodline powers you can choose from, mine along with many other peoples explanations are all over the VC rumour threads, read those before you post anything on the subject.

nagash66
05-12-2007, 11:25
Now now Khorghan take a deep breath:p, anyways I am happy that everyone can take any power, no more will blood dragons/strigoi will look down at my carsteins and laugh:cries:, no never again! :evilgrin: