is this list good or uncompetitive?

MarcoPollo
04-12-2007, 00:36
hero:
chaos exalted champion
undivided
great weapon
helm of many eyes:129 pts
Great choice, cheap and effective, but marauder block should be 25 men big for outnumber.

hero:
chaos exalted champion
mark of tzeentch
halberd
mounted in a chariot:174 pts
Not bad, but a bit of a cannon magnate. Perhaps split them up. Besides chaoriots are slow and you putting alot of faith in the impact hits. It is hard to get them in a position to get a flank off.

hero:
chaos exalted champion
mark of slaneesh
halberd
steed of slaneesh:164 pts
An hero that is not needed really. But speed does kill. Would rather have 5 mounted demonettes anyday. But the kit keeps him cheap enough.

hero:
chaos sorcerer level 2
mark of slaneesh
dispel scroll:165 pts
Scroll caddy. But the lore of slaanesh is not needed. Most slaanesh spells are a high casting cost and dufficult of a level 2 to get off.

core:
20 marauders
light armour and shields
standard bearer and musician:155 pts
Unit should be 25 for outnumbering purposes

core:
20 marauders
light armour and shields
standard bearer and musician:155 pts
Same as above

core:
chariot
mark of tzeentch:140 pts
Great way to add power dice, but I still think splitting the hero up is a good idea.

core:
chariot:120 pts
(Take the twenty points from the slaanesh wizard and give it to this unit for another tzeetch mark.)

core:6 chaos knights
standard bearer:218 pts
4 chosen knights do a better job than 6 unchosen knights for roughly the same cost. Get the warbanner and include it too. I love chosen knights undivided ... really reliable.
core:

12 warriors
undivided
shields and great weapons
full command:234 pts
warriors are a wast of points. I suggest moving away from this altogether.

core:
5 warhounds:30 pts
at least another unit for sure 3 units at 2k rocks.

special:
5 screamers:165 pts
you only need 3 to do the job. If you want the US of 5 invest in furries, they are much cheaper. Otherwise use screemers in groups of three. Screemers are excellent at this price. If you are thinking of getting your slashing attacks in, you are wasting your time with that. Slashing is a bonus nothing more.

rare:
2 spawn of slaneesh:150 pts
As spawns go, these are the most versatile. But for 150 pts, you could have 5 mounted demonettes instead. I'm no fan of spawns, I hate imprecise movement.

If you ditch one unit of marauders and your warriors, you could invest in a beastherd with some nasty characters. Say a bray shaman of slaanesh, or a beastlord of tzeetch (staff of change, and Armor of Damnation). This would give you a very nasty unit and some kick @$$ punch.

You can still have an exalted general and a beastlord as they both have ld 8.

But, I really like the list as a good start, and with some tweaking you can get it really efficient.

BattleofLund
04-12-2007, 01:26
Hello Protomessiah.

Pure (ie rule-supported, not opinions):
A Slaanesh-marked unit is needed to field your Sorcerer of S., the Fiends don't count. Also, your power dice number seven (2 base, 2x lvl2, one Tzeentch-marked unit) not six.

Tainted:
You have a mix of slow infantry and fast stuff. As it reads, some choices are 'box-based' (Screamers, Warriors, Spawn) in number. While not necessarily bad, I have to agree with MarcoPollo on the three screamers and skipping warriors altogether. I would suggest keeping the Knights six in number, but make them all Chosen with the points saved by axing the Warriors.
Also, the Marauder infantry really need bulking up. 20 will become next to useless from just one spell, bolt-thrower bolt, shower of arrows etc.

If you want to keep your Slaanesh characters, add that Mark to the 2nd Chariot - and I really think keeping them is worth it! I disagree with Marcopollo on the difficulty in casting Slaanesh spells, but consider getting a Spell Familiar for the Sorcerer nevertheless - since Slaanesh spells are kick-ass good, a good spread to choose from guarantees you two useful ones (since there is one spell with limited usefulness).

'Bye.

MarcoPollo
04-12-2007, 23:59
Yah that is true about the marks. I suggest you drop the slaanesh idea altogether. Nurgle is actually a more useful mark than slaanesh as a supporting character (especially in a beast herd).