PDA

View Full Version : A weird urge

Vesica
04-12-2007, 00:33
Why is it that even though i dislke orks in both wfb and 40k i cant help but want to start a small force.

Anyone else get urges like these?

Was just wondering if im alone in my weird urge.

DartzIRL
04-12-2007, 00:36
It's the Duality of man, man... The Duality of Man. Just like Joker said... :P

Micro
04-12-2007, 00:36
you read the new white dwarf featuring the new models and telling you how cool orks are?

i wometimes wanted to start orks, then after some time tyras, a few month later sisters of battle. (never had the urge to collect tau or necrons though^^). the trick is to wait some time and the feeling will go away...

Vesica
04-12-2007, 00:47
i havnt even seen the new wd yet, i just like all the randomness of them.

Most of the times i get drawn to chaos.

Feor
04-12-2007, 01:03
[ evangelist] Ther Power of Mork compels ya![/ evangelist]

:p

Repzik
04-12-2007, 01:07
ya ive had urges like that before. but for me it was to start marines. uhhhhhhhhhh im glad i got that out of my system :p. ive also wanted to start big bugs, witch i might actually be doing because i could get some nicly painted fexes for 10 bucks under the price, and i would only need to buy one more. over all saving me 100 bucks, i might just do that.......

but yes, the above is right. just wait it out and see if it goes away. it took about 3 months for mine to go away

killa kan kaus
04-12-2007, 01:17
I used to despise Tallarn then one day I realized I liked them enough to start collecting so yes weird urges are common for me

Cirrus the Blue
04-12-2007, 03:56
Why is it that even though i dislke orks in both wfb and 40k i cant help but want to start a small force.

Anyone else get urges like these?

Was just wondering if im alone in my weird urge.

It's because the awesomeness that is the Ork WAAAGH! has at last worked it's way into your brain and there's no turning back!! :evilgrin:

Chaos and Orks for myself personally have been the most enjoyable armies to play with throughout my 15 years in the hobby, and you can rest assured that you will have a great time with them, too should you decide to start up a force. :D Just don't take a loss too seriously if and when it happens. :p

- Cirrus

Preston
04-12-2007, 04:04
I feel the same way about Tau. I like their infantry and steal suits, and their tanks are cool.

But those crisis suits just make me go blagh

dark-hamish
04-12-2007, 04:34
For me the temptation is chaos. I have spent years in loyal service to the emperor, but occasionally hear the call of the dark gods. It is only the armour ofg contempt that keeps me free of comitting heresy.

Resist the urge. Fight the call of Waaaaagh!

MuttMan
04-12-2007, 05:51
I dislike ork heads. I dislike stubby legs. I dislike the front heavy look of nearly being cow-tipped. I hate how their meks can make magnificent weapons, yet be unable to read or know the difference between negative and positive on a battery.

I hate how their charm made me collect over 400 of them. They are what they are and they're fun, and to make fun of. Its the little kid you push down and laugh at, and get away with it!

Visionary
04-12-2007, 06:25
Chaos and Orks my favourite armies too :) . For orks though I'm just going to buy two big meks and make an army of corkscrew dreads/kans.

mistformsquirrel
04-12-2007, 06:44
[ evangelist] Ther Power of Mork compels ya![/ evangelist]

:p

Oi! Dats Gork ya stupid git! WAAAGH! *bashes Feor over the head with a choppa*

>.> Orkish religious debates, a thing of simple beauty.

Moriarty
04-12-2007, 07:01
Oi! Dats Gork ya stupid git! WAAAGH! *bashes Feor over the head with a choppa*

>.> Orkish religious debates, a thing of simple beauty.

Nah, squig skum! *belabours both Feor & mistfromsquirrel with wrong end of a PK* Dat'd be Bork!

Captain Micha
04-12-2007, 14:38
When I want to play orks, I generally think of the hilarity of herbicide (catatchan grade so probably Agent Orange) killing off these big super strong warriors hilarious!

What's stopped me from making Orks? Do you know how many armies I have already? My common sense has to draw the line somewhere! 2 years and 4 armies that I love equally.. I love many more.. but I have to stop somewhere...

Unfortunately I am going to lose that battle next year, when codex daemons comes out. and if it's true. Codex Dark Eldar.

Vandelan
03-01-2008, 04:07
As much as I hate Elves, and love Chaos, I almost wish I had gotten into Dark Eldar instead of Chaos Space Marines.

Then again, I've decided to play Dark Elves for WFB, if I ever decide to play that.

Vesica
03-01-2008, 15:49
Dont play dem pansy pointy ears dey are weak and puny, join da boys and get a waaargh going.

TheOverlord
03-01-2008, 17:20
I dunno. I don't really like orks or orcs, per se, as in I don't really imagine I'd ever play them. But with the new plastic Orks, they're starting to tempt me over to the greener side of the fence.

chaos0xomega
03-01-2008, 20:25
Resist the urge. Join G.R.O.T.Z. Instead! Grotz Reziztin' Oprezziv Treatmentz and Zzzapin'!

kermit
03-01-2008, 20:41
Well, I want to start an Ork army and have them all in Sombreros, Hawiian shirts... driving El Caminos...

Now that is weird... but I think it would be cool...

Just do it!