PDA

View Full Version : Needs Sales Advice

Heretic12
04-12-2007, 04:26
Ive started digging into my Orks and pulling them out to get ready for work this January. There are alot of things in it that I dont see a use in this new rendition and Im looking to sell them. However from the time I bought them and now there has been alot of changes so Im not sure what they should go for. The total comes to:

10 Warbikes (3rd Ed) (Painted)
30 Grots (2nd ed) (Painted)
20-25 Boys (7x Burnas, BS and the like) (12 or so slugga boys unpainted rest painted)
7 Metal Nobz (Painted)

Any ideas?

Vishok
04-12-2007, 05:07
Are the grots the plastic ones from the 2nd ed box set?

Also aren't those bikes 2nd ed as well?

Heretic12
04-12-2007, 05:14
mmm grots are plastic 2ed ya, I dont know when the bikes came out so they could be 2ed as well. Probably around Gorka Morka days ya?

And its around 30 boys with a few specials added in.

Agrip. Varenus Denter
04-12-2007, 05:24
It seems like the only intelligent thing would be to send them to me for, ummmm... proper appraisal. ;)

Seriously - it would help a lot to see pics first.

Heretic12
04-12-2007, 05:57
Ill haveto get pics up tomorrow. However, I can say they would all need to be stripped and repainted, the guns on the bikes have been cut down to lay flat against the bike, other then that everything is in great condition more or less.

I guess, what would be the base line price if paints poor and models might need minor work?

fwacho
04-12-2007, 08:05
Grots never need repainted once they have paint on them they are ahead of the curve.

sukigod
04-12-2007, 15:52
Ive started digging into my Orks and pulling them out to get ready for work this January. There are alot of things in it that I dont see a use in this new rendition and Im looking to sell them. However from the time I bought them and now there has been alot of changes so Im not sure what they should go for. The total comes to:

10 Warbikes (3rd Ed) (Painted)
30 Grots (2nd ed) (Painted)
20-25 Boys (7x Burnas, BS and the like) (12 or so slugga boys unpainted rest painted)
7 Metal Nobz (Painted)

Any ideas?

I'm not sure why you think these models aren't viable anymore with the new Codex, unless your making a personal change in playing style. The warbikes would only need "upgrading" if you like the new style (which, who doesn't!). The boyz are still neccessary (especially the burnas now) and the sluggas can be converted to shootas, although I still think they're good units w/o the choppas. The grots still have thier place too, now with BS3.

When I'm looking online for used model deals I figure (roughly) these numbers are when I'll buy...

Warbikes - $3 each, only because the new ones look sooooo much better.
Grots - $.50 to $.75 each - ecpecially 2nd ed.
Boyz - $2 each
Heavy Weapons - $3-$4 each
Nobs - $5-$7 each

So with this in mind, I would assume around $100, give or take. Condition would also be a factor in more or less depending on how much work needed to be done to fit into my existing army.

Good Luck!

Heretic12
04-12-2007, 20:35
Well guys thanks for the advice so far. However Ive come to a new crossroad. Im thinking of selling it all off.

I soon plan to apply for a job at GW. As far as the legends go from employees past, the pay isnt top dollar however they get hefty discounts. Im not planning a career with GW, but between now and when I decide what direction to go with college a job will help. One which gives discounts on stuff I will probably end up buying exstensivly seems smart enough.

Anyways I like the new plastic special weapons, the new plastic nobs, bikes, the trukk looks ripe for conversion. Im tired of metal models, my all plastic chaos were just to fun and easy to work with. Between how plastic paints up and how metal paints up its plastic all the way for me. So Im tired of these metal Nobs, Kans and Single Pose Specials.

With Christmas coming up, I do need to get a job quick. However before I can apply anywere I need to get my Lisence, which is proving annoying. Im 18so I dont need to wait long, I had a permit before which expired. All I need to do is take my written, get put on my folks insurance plan and take the 5 minute behind the wheel. However this will take about a week, then app time with GW. It will be cutting it close.

So it comes down to I can either box the boys back up and wait it out, or sell em off and be covered to some extent through the new year. If I get a job at GW starting my greenskins over again wont be to hard. And Ill have a decent looking force instead of the 3rd generation mish mash of gits looks now.

Any thoughts?

Edit: Also my Boss is no longer legal so I will have to be building a new one. I always thought it was better to build a Boss, then build where his army goes from there. Kinda give him his personal warband, like fluff usually does.