PDA

View Full Version : Leadbelchers or DOW Crossbowmen

canonesszaria
04-12-2007, 10:53
Just curious as to which would be better in a Beastman arm?

So any suggestions or thoughts plz give.

Canoness Zaria

p3990013
04-12-2007, 10:59
Can you take Leadbelchers in a beast army?
If yes, I'd prefer leadbelchers from crossbowmen, due to the insane amount of damage they will inflict.
The only crossbowmen I'd prefer over leadbelchers, are Dark Elf Crossbowmen with their double shots, hand weapon, light armor and shield...

Malorian
04-12-2007, 15:06
Personally I can't stand leadbelchers. They always seem to kill themselves...

Makarion
04-12-2007, 16:59
Can you take Leadbelchers in a beast army?
If yes, I'd prefer leadbelchers from crossbowmen, due to the insane amount of damage they will inflict.
The only crossbowmen I'd prefer over leadbelchers, are Dark Elf Crossbowmen with their double shots, hand weapon, light armor and shield...

Funny, I'd take dwarven crossbows over druchii any day of the week. That multiple shot is a disadvantage, since you also are dropped from S4 to S3, and that hurts your shooting more than the extra shot per model gains you (unless you're fighting skinks, high elves, etc of course).

Freenut
04-12-2007, 18:34

Could always take Manflayers. Have BS 5, great weapons, repeater crossbows, heavy armor, skirmish, magic banner, scout, and poison attacks. Plus they come with a hero. They are expensive but always earn there points back for me.

Malorian
04-12-2007, 18:41
Could always take Manflayers. Have BS 5, great weapons, repeater crossbows, heavy armor, skirmish, magic banner, scout, and poison attacks. Plus they come with a hero. They are expensive but always earn there points back for me.

I've played against these guys several times and I've never found them to be too bad. Shooting is useless against them but magic will rip them apart and they are just too many points.

Dead Man Walking
05-12-2007, 00:26
Take leadbelchers, treat them like regular ogres that get a bonus of a stand and shoot with grape shot. Unlike regular crossbowmen these guys move fast, hit hard in combat and cause Fear. If they hit on a flank they will roll a ranked unit. Fire at an opponent and flee, reload while regrouping after passing leadership. Crossbow men have one play, fire, stand and fire, get wiped out or flee.

Freenut
05-12-2007, 04:08
Kind of depends on how you play. If you are agressive go with Leadbelchers. If you are more defensive take the crossbowmen.

Braad
05-12-2007, 05:04
For a beastman army, I would do the ogres. Looks better in that army.

Maybe also do a bit of converting to make it mutated beast-ogres or something...

Khorghan
05-12-2007, 05:10
leadbelchers are dogs of war...

lead belchers definatly-fits in with more or less, although im against people using dogs of war to make up for weaknesses specifically given to that army to balance out lists(chaos using firepower such as leadbelchers)

canonesszaria
05-12-2007, 10:15
Thank you all for you replies.
I think I will use leadbelchers. As far as using DOW I thin they are perfectly viable to help with weaknesses of an army. A good general should always try to limit his weaknesses and mercenaries fill that role nicely.

Canoness Zaria

Wargamejunkie
05-12-2007, 12:49
I also was thinking about taking a leadbelcher unit in a beasts army.

My play was to throw them on the flank and take it. With the toughness, strength, fear, and cannons the will wipe out most flankers, then they can come in to flank the main force.

Even a unit of 2 can negate ranks so to me that are a very powerful flanking force.