PDA

View Full Version : Conflicting dark magic values

theunwantedbeing
04-12-2007, 12:46
Now in the dark elf book the first 2 spells of the dark magic lore (chillwind & Doombolt) you are given 2 casting values.

The lower of the 2 values (both by 1) is in the initial set of rules that describe the lore in full (page 17)
The second set is right at the back on the summary page (page 80).

Which is the correct version?
I've always used the first (and lower) set of values as it fits my way of thinking how spells are balanced against each other.

The latter appears to be trying to take into account the +1 to cast that the dark elves get...which seems wrong(hence why I use the first set of spells).

Anyone direct me to where it states which is the one you are supposed to use?

Falkman
04-12-2007, 12:59
The ones in the summary at the back are wrong, this was corrected in the Dark Elf errata/update a couple of years ago.
The update can be downloaded here: http://uk.games-workshop.com/news/errata/3/

theunwantedbeing
04-12-2007, 13:12
Well....I still cant find where in that link it actually backs you up but I shall believe you anyway and continue to use the initial set of values earlier in the book.

Falkman
04-12-2007, 13:22
You're right, that file is missing the page cutouts that mine has, and the one in the WD ages ago had. Anyway, the summary in the back of the DE book is a misprint, and in newer versions of the DE army book (the ones with the "border") as well as in the errata in an old WD, the casting values are corrected.

Gorbad Ironclaw
04-12-2007, 13:39
It's always the summery that's wrong. Never fails. If there is a problem, a good rule is to just assume the summery got it wrong, it have happened with nearly every book out there.