PDA

View Full Version : Proxy Model for the IG Valkyrie?

Forlorn
04-12-2007, 18:18
Do any of you use a proxy model other than the Forge World Valkyrie in your Imperial Guard Army?

lord_blackfang
04-12-2007, 18:35
You could scratchbuild...
http://z11.invisionfree.com/Work_In_Progress/index.php?showtopic=9996

Bunnahabhain
04-12-2007, 18:41
I've scratch build one*, it's not that hard. Look at the plans in Imp armour 1, they're wonderfully clear.

* One trial run, which was OK, and a second one which is reasoanbly good.

Gen.Steiner
04-12-2007, 18:45
Old Crow Models (http://www.oldcrowmodels.co.uk) do a good resin VTOL and a VTOL gunship. They're cheap and fit in well. :)

Forlorn
04-12-2007, 18:59
Does Old Crow have a US distributor? Our weak dollar really kills me for UK purchases. :eyebrows:

Polonius
04-12-2007, 19:12
I like that old crow stuff. With the exchange rate and 10% international shipping, each one comes to about $46, which isn't that horrible. any testimonials from people who bought them? Quality of sculpt, durability, ease of assembly? How are they on shipping?

t-tauri
04-12-2007, 19:21
I've not bought the landers but I have bought other stuff and I've found their service to the UK quick and efficient. Casting quality is crisp and well finished, though it's not as detailed as Forgeworld models.

MrBigMr
04-12-2007, 20:27
With the exchange rate and 10% international shipping, each one comes to about $46, which isn't that horrible.
No, not at all. I got mine pretty fast. And that's plenty said. Around here, even armageddon would come a week late.

any testimonials from people who bought them? Quality of sculpt, durability, ease of assembly? How are they on shipping?
For that price, it's good. The model isn't some egg shelled thing. It's a solid piece of resin. Heavy, sturdy and all that. And no pinning was needed. Good super glue (I use super attack) and it'll stick. Hell, the whole thing stands on its wings (the hull doesn't touch ground), and if I can even pile stuff on the thing while it sits on my table, it's pretty hefty.

The detail isn't super, but simple and with little bits and modelling, it'll look nice. Only real beef I have with it, is that it's a bit small. Made for 25mm, where as GW has 28+mm models. But after getting used to it, it sits in well with my troops.

Gen.Steiner
04-12-2007, 20:47
Old Crow are excellent models - good price, good quality, hefty, and most important of all Jez Plumridge provides good service. :) They also come pre-sanded and ready to stick together!