PDA

View Full Version : catalogue and calendar 2008

kairous
04-12-2007, 18:32
Anyone know if GW are still stocking or selling these items, i know they sold them last year, as i picked them up, but i have yet to see any 2008 versions, and there usually out by now.
If anyone knows anything about these products and whether we will see them this year, or if they have been dropped, i would be very interested in knowing.
Cheers for any help guys.

Agrip. Varenus Denter
05-12-2007, 05:49
I haven't seen the calender or the catalog yet - I figured that the catalog (at least here) would be late, as they did away with GW Northern Europe as a real entity... so it may take a while to get the Scandinavian pricing in order. I hope they haven't been dropped - but I really doubt that they have.

snurl
05-12-2007, 07:52
One of the US mail order guys told me that there will be a catalouge next year but he's not sure what will be in it yet. We got into the discussion while i was trying to order some bits that had their codes removed from the system.
Seems that some things are only availible as a whole model now, but that is old news.

untimention
05-12-2007, 07:54
i think they maybe on hold. the problem is when the release them in Oct - Nov by January there are out of date because of new models etc.....

I think we will see them Q1 and maybe inside some models in there we will see in 2008, maybe even some new VC in there.

OrlyggJafnakol
05-12-2007, 08:15
I hope that the catalogue is released. I have always enjoyed flicking through them dreaming about what I would buy if I had the time and money to do the models justice.

With the recent finacial crunch, I wouldn't be surprised if it disappears for a while. GW have done catalogues for twenty years and IIRC they haven't always published them annually.

Osbad
05-12-2007, 09:10
Why do they need a catalogue any more when they bring out WD every month...?

(Don't answer! I was just adding the obvious jibe so that no one else felt they had to!)

blongbling
05-12-2007, 10:34
there is a new catalogue due early next year

kairous
07-12-2007, 17:41
thanks for the info guys.
Anyone know anything about the calendar, i have got the 2007 one, there were some pretty nice pictures in it, hoping they haven't dropped, same for the catalogue, maybe like alot of people have said, and GW are going to release these prodcuts in the new year.

Art Is Resistance
10-12-2007, 15:09
I was wondering where the catalogue was as well... but I always thought we in the UK got the raw deal when compared to the US version - which has been better than the UK one recently.

As for Calendars - I think we can safely say that's not happening - most shops are already discounting 2008 calendars - and I'm not sure how well the 2007 calendar sold.

Gen.Steiner
10-12-2007, 17:21
From what I've heard, the 2008 Catalogue will have every single model from every Core system (at least) in it; this is following on from their butchery of Mail Order.

Agrip. Varenus Denter
14-12-2007, 05:38
The email newsletter that GW sent out yesterday contained the link to advance order (http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=60049999101x&orignav=9) their catalog.

Release date is: January 29th, 2008.

iancw
15-12-2007, 23:53
Yeah I was holding out to get a GW calender but I guess I'll have to get something else this year.