PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Kings Army Book

redbaron998
04-12-2007, 17:42
Hey, I am wondering if the TK book is worth getting. I am not buying books that are gonna be redone sometime in the semi near future (VC,DE,Skaven) but I love chariots and wanna know if the book is worth it. I dont plan on playing it, just wanna know if the Art and Fluff and such worth it.

Also are TK due for update in the next 2-3 years?

Cragspyder
04-12-2007, 18:15
Tomb Kings will likely be one of the very last armies to be updated for 7th. The army book is very solid right now and we didn't suffer that much from the switch to 7th edition as opposed to a lot of other armies. I would say they will be done dead last, or perhaps before Wood Elves. I think even Ogre Kingdoms will get an update before us!

The army book has some neat background and fluff as well :)

Danger Rat
04-12-2007, 18:41
i agree i suspect Tomb Kings are very low down on the list of books to be redone. The art and fluff are excellent in my humble

MadDogMike
04-12-2007, 19:21
What do you think they could even change in a new version? Apart from *maybe* the setup discouraging the actual fielding of a Tomb King as opposed to a Prince in lower point games (which actually seems more fluffy anyway; why would a Tomb King wake up to bother with a mere skirmish?) I can't think of anything in the army that is even close to unbalanced or too weak. It has its own strengths and weaknesses and a unique flavor, hard to say what would need changing. Unless maybe fluff why they go out fighting way up north that's something besides "you bastards looted our tombs!" or "Settra is a conquering dick".

Rhamag
04-12-2007, 20:03
I think many non-TK players want to see Scorpions upped in price, and many TK players want to see Ushabti decreased in points cost. Personally I reckon the Giant is a little overpriced as well, but I'm not really bothered too much. The list is solid, and while TK can be tricky for a beginner, they are hard as nails in the hands of someone who knows what they're doing.

Cragspyder
04-12-2007, 20:05
On the http://z4.invisionfree.com/Khemri forums there is some talk about what changes should be made. Mostly, we feel the points cost of the Tomb Scorpion is probably going to increase, and that both Heavy Horsemen and the Icon Bearer need a buff.

I don't understand your comment about the Tomb King vs Prince, MadDogMike. You can't field a King in lower points games at all, as he is a Lord Choice.

lord_blackfang
04-12-2007, 20:07
There's a joke about Lara Croft in there. She dies. So yeah, great book.

Sir Charles
04-12-2007, 23:44
I don't know if they replace the current skeleton models for VC like it sounds like TK might see some changes. Right now they use the same skeletons as VC with one additional sprue, GW might not want to produce two different types of skeletons if the VC change.

marv335
05-12-2007, 00:01
frankly I'd be happy with my skeleton horsemen if they could have lances.
I don't use my Khemri that often but making the heavy cavalry actually heavy would be a nice start.

redbaron998
05-12-2007, 00:47
Ok you convenced me, Ill pick it up this weekend.

Actually for some reason the TK Skeletons (and models overall) arent that bad. Maybe its the large shields that pulls attention away.

Angelwing
05-12-2007, 01:50
The Tk book is one of the finest books currently out. Great art, background and thoughtful list.

Sir Charles
05-12-2007, 02:48
Ok you convenced me, Ill pick it up this weekend.

Actually for some reason the TK Skeletons (and models overall) arent that bad. Maybe its the large shields that pulls attention away.

I'd agree I just wonder if GW will want to produce two different types of skeletons.

forgottenlor
05-12-2007, 07:04
I think we might see a new unit and some new heroes. Personally I don't think they should change anything else.

Danger Rat
05-12-2007, 16:22
I would like to see the giant reduced in points simply because its not as effective as a normal giant.

brambleten
05-12-2007, 18:13
I would like to see the giant reduced in points simply because its not as effective as a normal giant.

thats probably because its dead ;)

Red_Duke
06-12-2007, 08:22
Id agree - its unlikely to see the book updated any time soon, although i wouldnt be surprised if theres an update model wise on some of the range when they release the new VC in a few months.

Id agree its likely that Scorps would go up in points (they are awesome afterall) - Ushabti i'd like to go up to M6, and perhaps down a few points, or perhaps another point of toughness or something to make them a bit better.

as far as horsemen go, who needs heavy cav when you have units of chariots? ;)