Spear
Hand Weapon
Light Armor
Muscian
113pts

1500pts

A list. I am a newbie so I need help.

04-12-2007, 19:52
Okay - seems a nice list with a lot of decent choices. However, in terms of a themed Calador list, I don't really seeing it working. Phoenix Guard don't really fit with me and neither does the second mage. I'd expect to see a Calador list led by a hero with Dragon Armour on a Steed and probably add in a few more Dragon Princes in place of the Phoenix Guard.

Lord_Crull
04-12-2007, 20:23
Okay - seems a nice list with a lot of decent choices. However, in terms of a themed Calador list, I don't really seeing it working. Phoenix Guard don't really fit with me and neither does the second mage. I'd expect to see a Calador list led by a hero with Dragon Armour on a Steed and probably add in a few more Dragon Princes in place of the Phoenix Guard.

Your right, except I do not know if one mage is sufficent for 1500pts. And I want to inculde a dragon mage no matter what. And I do like the phoenix guard a lot.

But I need more suggestions.

Makarion
04-12-2007, 21:16
Easy answer, don't call it a themed list if you're taking the units you like over the units that fit. Nothing wrong with that.

Lord_Crull
04-12-2007, 21:36
Now no longer a themed list.

CHOOBER SNIPES
04-12-2007, 22:16
id say drop command on DP's. 150 pts. for 5 and uve got a hard hitting unit. thats all u need from them. mayb a banner if anything tho. bulk out unit of spears to 21 so u can deploy 7X3 or 5x4 for res or killiness. archers probably arent worth it, and if u do take them, no command, and no armor. if u hav 10 pts. take another archer, or spend it elsewhere. u dont see a lot of reavers in new lists but that certainly doesnt mean not to take them. theyre still great fast cav that can flank if necessary. WS4 S4 on charge with horses, and flank holding US. in my opinion theyre still a solid choice. if u can find the points, id say add some WL's or SM's cus with two strong blocks of infantry, u hav staying power, now u just need hitting power. of course, DP's dragon mage and even reavers are all great at flanking for some power, but a 6 or so man unit of WL's or SM's will not show up on enemy priority list, and will cause a big dent in their army. ex. u hav unit of cool looking, butt kicking cav runnin everywhere, noone cares about the six dudes about to hit the flank of the enemy block ur spears are fighting until those six dudes kill six o their dudes. works a lot and screws ppl up. small investment too, 75-100 pts is all.