PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf horde army!!! 1500.

phoenixcrh
04-12-2007, 20:33
I thought I would try to put as many dwarfs on the table as possible and still try to remain tactically sound (3" movement :p)

General.
Hero. (kazrik brayback)
Thane with a great weapon, runic armour (master rune of gromril), a runic cloak (master rune of spite) and a oath stone = 159.

Core units.
*19 dwarf warriors with shields and a standard bearer = 181.
(thane goes here)

4*20 dwarf warriors with shields, a veteran and a standard bearer = 800.

Special units.
*6 bolt throwers with engineers = 360.

= 1500.

Deployment.

DDDDD DDDDD DDTDD DDDDD DDDDD
DDDDD DDDDD DDDDD DDDDD DDDDD

RBT RBT RBT RBT RBT RBT

T - Thane
D - Dwarf warrior
RBT - Repeater bolt thrower

Bascically if its a defensive army I am playing against then I will march in one block straight for the enemy with some bolt throwers split into covering my flanks and a few more on a hill or where ever doing cover fire. If I am up against an attacking army then i will just play refused flank and keep to a defensive line and spread my bolt throwers out (with some as bait :p).

Makarion
04-12-2007, 21:14
Is it just me, or are 6 bolt throwers pretty much juxtaposed to the concept of a horde army?

I can see that you want an answer to enemy shooting units and warmachines, but I'd think that miners and rangers would be much more flavourful in that case.

CHOOBER SNIPES
04-12-2007, 22:05
i dont play dwarfs, and hav not fought them more than a few times, but 100 dwarf warriors is nothing to scoff at. i was actually thinking of making an HE horde, but theyre not as resilient as the dwarfs. thats a funny list and i actually dont think it would do too bad in 1500 pts. The fact that all ur troops are LD9 T4 WS4 troops at least makes them pretty hard to kill/break, and with 6 BT's u hav a good bit of shooting. just watch out for getting outmaneuvered and ur units getting isolated. mobile armies will hav a fun time running circles round u units.

Leogun_91
05-12-2007, 07:38
I would exchange two boltthrowers to an organ gun to destroy the skirmishers

phoenixcrh
06-12-2007, 12:16
I know that i have included 6 bolt throwers but my guys move at 3 inches lol and i cannot catch everything! so thats what they are for, aswell as sticking to the traditional dwarf army of war machines. Also I think 124 dwarfs (if you include the RBT crews :p) is alot considering that when people start taking more expensive units and runes they end up with about half that to play with.

Borthcollective
06-12-2007, 14:46
With that many blocks on the table you are going to have a hard time finding good shots with your bolt throwers.

phoenixcrh
06-12-2007, 15:26
This is true but I was thinking of splitting them up into 2*2 normal dwarf units supporting each other and the thane unit going at it by its self (with the oathstone for tight situations) while spreading out the RBT's.

Like this -

DDDDD DDDDD DDDDD DDDDD DDTDD
^support^ ^support^ alone
^gap or hill^ ^gap or hill^ ^gap or hill^
RBT RBT RBT RBT RBT RBT

Little Aaad
06-12-2007, 18:36
Do ranks of 3 for your warriors for gaps for the BT and then reform when they going to hit combat (defensive tactic)

Little Aaad
06-12-2007, 18:39
Ddd ddd dTd ddd ddd
ddd ddd ddd ddd ddd
ddd ddd ddd ddd ddd
ddd ddd ddd ddd ddd
ddd ddd ddd ddd ddd
ddd ddd ddd ddd ddd
dd dd dd dd dd
BT BT BT BT

Reform when they close but more of a gap between each unit (to allow the reforms, make sure you have the room!)

Makarion
06-12-2007, 22:53
Also, it might be very worthwhile to take a BSB. I know it's a bunch of dwarves less to push around, but that reroll could be gold, even at Ld 9.

Dwarf Runelord 45
18-12-2007, 00:26
Try dropping a couple of bolt throwers for a flame cannon or organ gun to take out skirmishers and flame cannons are just soooo fun :p! Like the Dwarf hoard feel and for once you might not be out numbered