PDA

View Full Version : Traditional skaven up for critique (2,000 points)

Makarion
04-12-2007, 22:34
Hello folks,

As most of you know, I don't play skaven, but come Christmas, my partner will be. So, I thought to put together a list designed to deal with some of his usual problems. See, his TK are rock hard, but Ogres get him every time, and once our Bretonnian player returns, I'm pretty sure that would be rough on him as well.

So, here's my attempt. Please keep in mind that he specifically requested heavy magic as well as the twin Warp Lightning Cannons.

Grey Seer [440]
Screaming Bell, Eye of the Horned Rat, Foul Pendant, Warpstone Charm
26 Clanrats [290]
Full command, Ratling Gun Team

Chieftain [124]
BSB, heavy armour, Warpstone Amulet, Bands of Power
19 Stormvermin [262]
Full command, Ratling Gun Team, Warbanner

Warlock Engineer [135]
Full kit minus pistol, Dispel Scroll, Storm Daemon
24 Clanrats [195]
Champion, musician, Ratling Gun Team

Warlock Engineer [135]
Full kit minus pistol, Brass Orb
7 Nighrunners [35]

25 Clanrat Slaves [50]

25 Clanrat Slaves [50]

6 Gutter Runners [84]
Poisoned hand weapons

Warp-Lightning Cannon [100]

Warp-Lightning Cannon [100]

The idea is to have a more or less stable infantry basis to protect the magical and mundane artillery, with the WLC placed one in each front corner of the deployment zone to create some crossfire.

The Brass Orb and it's skirmishing delivery package is mostly there for the novelty value, although most OK models have I 2, so it might end up being good as well. Still, that Engineer might well fail an early fear check and just keep running.

Powerdice: 12
Bound Spells: 2
Dispel Dice: 6
Scrolls: 1

Questions:

1. Is 25 too many for a disposable slave unit?
2. Should I put the Brass Orb engineer in a more static block instead?
3. Is it normal for Skaven to have so many points in characters? It's more than half the army in this case....

Thanks in advance!

Dwarf Runelord 45
18-12-2007, 01:44
Question 1. I usually use 40 slaves in one group but that is my take on things....

Question 2. Depends on whether or not your sending him into combat or run throw the brass orb and throw posion stars then run away.

Question 3. No, I'd drop one warlock engineer for clanrats

fubukii
18-12-2007, 05:13
drop the screaming bell, add more slaves and special units, such as jezzails and tunnelers. Maybe even some 5 man night runner units to guard your cannons