PDA

View Full Version : Skaven Warplightning Cannon

Tamoio
05-12-2007, 00:50
Hi everyone,

This came up on our gaming club. If, by any chance, you fire the skaven WLC and don't hit anything with the range rolled on the 8D6, do you still have to roll the artillery dice?

Using common sense I would say that yes, the arty dice has to be rolled (and potentially come up with a misfire :p ) but I've wanted to be extra sure before insisting with a skaven player for him to roll the arty dice.

Thanks for the help!

Atrahasis
05-12-2007, 00:51
Yes, he has to roll the artillery dice.

This also applies to any other shooting which has a negative side effect - finding that you aren't in range still means your salamander might get peckish, for example.

Warlord Gnashgrod
06-12-2007, 06:38
Why would one think that they WOULDN'T have to roll the Artillery dice if the WLC didn't roll high enough to hit anything? Of course you do. Technically, both are rolled at the same time.

Although I've found it's easier to just roll the Artillery dice first. then if a misfire is rolled, the range doesn't matter. I've also gotten fewer misfires doing it this way.

Atrahasis
06-12-2007, 11:44
I've also gotten fewer misfires doing it this way.If you really believe that, I'd love to play poker against you sometime.