PDA

View Full Version : Chaos: Fill in the blanks

BoosterX
05-12-2007, 03:56
Hello,

I've been working on a Chaos army mainly to compete in a tournament. My goals in the tournament are to get good painting, sportsmanship and list composition scores. Not to crush the opponent with making an over powered list. I want something fun, well rounded with a good theme.

These are the models I own and are painted/not yet painted.

1 Beastlord @ 132 Pts
Mark of Chaos Undivided; General; Great Weapon; Heavy Armour
Pelt of the Dark Young [25]

1 Wargor @ 68 Pts
Mark of Chaos Undivided; 2ndWeapon; Heavy Armour

1 Bray Shaman @ 116 Pts
Mark of Chaos Undivided; Lore of Beasts; Magic Level 2; Braystaff

11 Beast Herd (Gors) @ 151 Pts
2ndWeapon; Full Command
8 Ungors @ [32] Pts
Spear

11 Beast Herd (Gors) @ 151 Pts
2ndWeapon; Full Command
8 Ungors @ [32] Pts
Spear

2 Tuskgor Chariot @ 85 Pts

10 Centigors @ 255 Pts
Spear; Throwing Axes; Light Armour; Shield; Full Command

11 Chaos Warriors @ 210 Pts
Mark of Chaos Undivided; Heavy Armour; Shield; Full Command

1 Exalted Chaos Champion @ 152 Pts
Mark of Chaos Undivided; Chaos Armour; Shield
Great Fang [50]

I own 2 daemon prince models (1 is belakor)

This sums up to 1405. With 2 rare and 2 special slots free.

I know it isn't much to go off but I'm trying to make a fluffly list. I really like my plastics over metal and trying not to paint too many figs making it feel like skaven. For my chaos hounds which I know I'll need (not sure how many) I'll use the goblin wolves.

Please any suggestions how I can tie this into a tourney army made for painting and composition/theme is the goal.

All comments welcome !:chrome:

Khorghan
05-12-2007, 04:43
if you want to fit that daemon in as a daemon youll have to go exalted deamon/daemon prince w/ unliving idol

for the rest of the characters:

BSB

2 Shamans(L2?)

The mortals will be a little slow in this army seeing as they are 1" slower than the slowest beast- are you sure you want them? if you have them painted nicely you could field them as bestigors?

Grimlock
05-12-2007, 12:37
beastlord with great weapon as general
pelt of the dark young
heavy armer
belakor as exalted deamon
level2 fire magic man (he would look fat painted red)
maybe armer save ignoring blade
bsb mark of tzentch maybe some magical armer
add a unit of 15 bestigors mark of tzeentch if you can (haven't got the book to hand)
bring the chaos warriors up to 15 mark of tzeentch if you can
2 chariots
2 units of 6 centigors with gore hoof
both the skirmisher units as they are.
a few units of warhounds

don't know how that adds up will look tonight. stick the bestigors and warriors in the middle flanked by the chariots. centigors on the flanks with belakor. skirmishers can go anywhere you want.

BoosterX
05-12-2007, 13:00
beastlord with great weapon as general
pelt of the dark young
heavy armer
belakor as exalted deamon
level2 fire magic man (he would look fat painted red)
maybe armer save ignoring blade
bsb mark of tzentch maybe some magical armer
add a unit of 15 bestigors mark of tzeentch if you can (haven't got the book to hand)
bring the chaos warriors up to 15 mark of tzeentch if you can
2 chariots
2 units of 6 centigors with gore hoof
both the skirmisher units as they are.
a few units of warhounds

don't know how that adds up will look tonight. stick the bestigors and warriors in the middle flanked by the chariots. centigors on the flanks with belakor. skirmishers can go anywhere you want.

This I like. Since it has the mortals involved. I can either go and add more mortals or add more beast units. I could do mortals with all cav/chariots as core with only 1 unit of warriors. Then as my 4 specials 2 beast herds and 2 centigors. Use the chariots as rotation.

I can also go exactly how you said. I'm just kind of wondering how to field Bestigors without using the Bestigor models since they are smaller than my gor plastics.

It's too bad the Chaos Warriors don't have great weapons in the box because I could have changed their heads for beast heads and used that.

SkawtheFalconer
05-12-2007, 13:04
If you could track down some of the older plastic Chaos Warriors on ebay, they came with halberds that could very easily be great weapons.

BoosterX
05-12-2007, 13:36
If you could track down some of the older plastic Chaos Warriors on ebay, they came with halberds that could very easily be great weapons.

I'd rather field them as mortals. One day I'd like to be able to field a mortals only army.

BoosterX
05-12-2007, 20:27
what about adding

Another beast herd

2 x 10 hounds

and 2 x 6 horse mauraders?