PDA

View Full Version : Movement trays for 40K

The Highlander
05-12-2007, 12:08
After years of taking my Highland IG army to the UKGT I have decided to update my orks with the new army book and take them next year instead. One thing I am concerned about is that with the footslogging hoard Iím planning to use (2-3 20 man shoota boys as a starter) the time needed to move them could be a problem. So can anyone suggest how I could make some movement trays to help me out?

EVIL INC
05-12-2007, 12:20
To be honest, I dont think a movement tray is feasible unless you plan to keep the regimented like in fantasy and even then, you would find trouble when entering cover or difficult areas. :(

Aurellis
05-12-2007, 12:51
To be honest, I dont think a movement tray is feasible unless you plan to keep the regimented like in fantasy and even then, you would find trouble when entering cover or difficult areas. :(

I agree, It's difficult to setup for 40k. Me and my brother tried this for his 'Nids but we couldnt find a way that made things run that much faster.

Changing your models around as you enter/exit cover and assault units just makes the plan unfaesible as a time-saver.

gLOBS
05-12-2007, 13:03
I have made some in anticipation for Apocalypse. I made 32 slot trays with 1" holes set up checker style for mass groupings of gaunts.

Agrip. Varenus Denter
05-12-2007, 13:04
I don't think that they are really appropriate for 40K or the style of play involved.

gLOBS
05-12-2007, 13:10
Heh moving 200+ gaunts model by model is appropriate and not wasting both players time?

EVIL INC
05-12-2007, 13:17
LOL, Thats the price you pay for the advantages you get.

One thing you might try is this.. If your "unit" is 6" or more "deep", leave the guys up front alone tp represent the rear ones who moved up and move the rear ones forward as though they were the front ones. The effect is as though the entire unit was moved 6". The only thing that would be affected is characters or special/heavy weapons and those you can move as normal to keep them where they are supposed to be in the unit.

swordwind
05-12-2007, 13:19
A CD has just enough space for a ten man squad.

Bellygrub
05-12-2007, 13:32
Gale Force 9 sells some round base skirmish trays.

It's be cheaper to make your own out of CD's though:
http://www.gf9.com/store/index.php?cPath=26