17 Lothern Sea Guard @ 279 Pts
Full command
1 War Banner @ [20] Pts

17 Lothern Sea Guard @ 259 Pts
Full command

1 Repeater Bolt Thrower @ 100 Pts

1 Repeater Bolt Thrower @ 100 Pts

Total Roster Cost: 2248

I played it and find it very good both and magic and shooting if i can get curse of arrow attraction with both my mages. Korhil is really good in a unit of LSG because he gives them stubborn :)

1- Do you like this army ?
2- What would you change ?
3- What is the score you would give in a tournament on the compositon army?

Thanks

Feel free to comments !!

therisnosaurus
05-12-2007, 19:45
assuming you put korhil with the seaguard and the BSB with your lions, that's a very solid list indeed. you should do well!

Xzazzarai
05-12-2007, 20:36
The list is lacking in speed though.
Wouldn't be suprised if you find yourself outmanouvered.

enyoss
05-12-2007, 20:53
I too think the army is a little on the slow side. You may find that a lot of armies will be able to pick their fights here, with some of your units left staring at the daisies.

I'd try to get at least one unit of Silverhelms in there or, better still, a unit of Dragon Princes. It could be worse though as at least you have plenty of shooting to keep the pressure on your opponent to commit to combat.

Also, could you clean all the unnecessary stuff out of your list as it makes it really hard to read?! I know that a chariot has two crew, no need to tell me again :). Just a heads-up as some members get touchy about these kinds of things!

Cheers and welcome to Warseer :),

enyoss

Unwise
06-12-2007, 00:07
My suggestion would be to get a couple of eagles. To pay for this I would drop the lion chariot. Chariots are great at combined charges, but this is defensive army. The LSG want to be charged rather than charge, since they get 1 more rank and get to shoot. The WL don't care either way. As such the chariot does not offer much bang for its buck.

Eagles on the other hand will pay for themselves many times over. If you have a shooty army, you really need to have something to delay the enemy getting to you. If the eagles do nothing else but marchblock during the battle, they will still be indispensible.

With LSG this becomes even more important, since you will most likely want to arrange them with a very large frontage. If a stray fast unit makes it up to your battle line early, then you are forced to waste your bowfire by reforming or risk being broken easily.

Your army seems well arranged, its only significant problem is the problem inherent in LSG being fairly overpriced. It is good to use units and try and make them work though. If you end up with no hills, your LSG will struggle to do very much I suspect.

Were you planning on a 6x3 formation on the LSG once combat is near? Have you considered any problems you may have regarding having a very large frontage?

Assuming you want the LSG with at least 10 in the front rank until the enemy close, your army has a frontage of 45" with no gaps and excluding the chariot and RBTs. Add in a 2" gap between each unit or board edge and it takes up closer to 55".

It should not be a big problem, but if you are not aware of the issue it is easy to stuff up the deployment.

P.S. It's an interesting tidbit of info that it is fluffy for Korhil and the Whitelions to be in Lothern despite the fact it is on the opposite side of the nation. I read last night that Lothern is apparently where the order resides, so they are more likely to be there than in Charace.