PDA

View Full Version : [500] Skaven

Bigs
17-09-2005, 03:29
Yeah, I've almost finished my 500 pt Pestilent List. I currently own 40 clanrats and a Plague Priest. I have yet to buy 20 Plague Monks and 2 Rat Swarms. Here is the lists that I will be using for some local games at my shop, I will be switching between the two for some variety:

List #1

Hero
1 Plague Priest w/ Flail - 74 pts.

Core Units
20 Clanrats w/ Spears and Shields - 125 pts.

Special Units
20 Plague Monks w/ Full Command and Additional Hand Weapon - 175 pts.

Total - 499 pts.

List #2

Hero
1 Plague Priest w/ Flail and Liber Bubonicus - 114 pts.

Core Units
2 Poisoned Rat Swarms - 130 pts.

Total - 494 pts.

I would just like to have some opinions on which of these lists you would prefer to use and in what situations you think they would do better in.

Ganymede
17-09-2005, 04:16
at 500 points, I would definetly Diversify your list.

I would take one unit of clanrats, one unit of slaves, some plague monks, five censer bearers, night runners, and giant rats.

Additionally, keep your characters cheap.

Bigs
17-09-2005, 16:16
Well I already built my Clanrats with Spears so I'm sticking with that. Also I wanna stay as Pestilent as possible and I don't think Giant Rats or Night Runners fit fluff wise although adding some censer bearers sounds like a good idea. Here's a list incoorporating some of the things you mentioned:

Hero
1 Plague Priest w/ Flail - 74 pts.

Core Units
20 Clanrats w/ Spears, Shields and Musician - 125 pts.
20 Clanrats w/ Spears, Shields and Musician - 125 pts.

Special Units
10 Plague Monks w/ Musician, Standard Bearer and Additional HW - 95 pts.

Rare Units
5 Censer Bearers - 85 pts.

Total - 504 pts.

nurgle_boy
17-09-2005, 19:32
10 is too small. change one clannies unit to slaves, and use the eccess point for more plague monks!
oh, and upgrade the priests flail to a censor. not many more points, but worth it!

Bigs
25-09-2005, 16:22
Ok, well I already have my clanrats built and I'm kind of tight for cash right now so I kind of want to just stick with buying a box of Plague Monks and some Rat Swarms if at all possible. Slaves are definetely something I'm thinking about when it comes time to make my 1000 point army. Any other suggestions?

Earlandir
26-09-2005, 00:14
Use the small rat models from the plague monks sprues to make your rat swarms. It looks better and will sve you money, with which to buy more models.

DeathMasterSnikch
26-09-2005, 19:18
It ownt cost more for you to do what nurgle said. I was gona recomend the same thing.

Use some clanrats as slaves. You get 20 PM per box so your not paying more.

And instead of censor i was gona say another hand wep. The 5 censors should plow through heavy troops. (not many in a 500pt game) and another hand wep will help you keep the upperhand against light troops.

Bigs
02-10-2005, 21:08
Alright, I'm definetely going to try and make some rat swarms with the small rats that come with the clanrats and plague monks and yes I totally agree with making one unit slaves and beefing up my plague monks its just that I already built both my clanrats with spears and shields. I suppose I could just say they are slaves and say what they are equipped with I just wish there was a list that could use the clanrats how they are. Anyways thanks for the help.