PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer Fantasy Video Battle Royale - 7 heroes, 21 fight 1 victor !

Sigmar
05-12-2007, 20:02
Fights 1 - 7 are all now online at the top of my blogsite (below)
(use the YouTube window or the grid further down the page to pick the fight to watch)

I hope you like them, let me know.

Sigmar
05-12-2007, 21:24
PS. Please leave comments here so I know what you think. I hope you have as good a laugh as I did :)

badgeraddict
05-12-2007, 21:51
Hehe that was quality! Still got the giggles over 'lemmy'

nice work!

Sigmar
06-12-2007, 18:56
:)

Thanks very much BadgerAddict. I appreciate your words.

Glorfindel
07-12-2007, 11:55
Very nicely done but I couldn't help notice that the fighters don't seem very well balanced. The dwarf his safes seem a little unfair vs the others for example :)

Sigmar
07-12-2007, 21:26
Glorfindel, thanks for your comment. I do quite agree with your point he does have good saves.

It's still early days though with all fighters still to fight 4 more opponents. Also, don't forget that the dwarf has still to face the gobbo, human and the saurus who will have better strength attacks which will reduce the dwarfs armour save.

Also, and this is a big also... the Savage Orc will adopt the same armour and ward save as the dwarf due to his amulet of protectyness. With his spiteful shield and frenzy, he will be harder than the dwarf :)

I'm hoping it stays close to the end, well see soon enough.

I appreciate your comments, thanks,
Sigmar

Warhammerrox
07-12-2007, 21:37
Watched them yesterday.... Well funny. That's what it's all about, a bit of good old fashioned fun...

"Come on stunty" a villager shouts.... hehe classic :D :p

Sigmar
07-12-2007, 21:38
Lol - thanks Warhammerrox. Nice one :)

Sigmar
16-12-2007, 20:36
Yesterday, I recorded the new Battlefield for round 2 of fighting.

It's called "On the Beach"

I should have the video finished this week.

Also, I am making a slight change to the rules for awarding victory points, to make it a little bit fairer for the hero level characters (as opposed to the Lords)

+1 point for a win and
+1 point for each wound inflicted.

this is instead of...

+1 point for each remaining wound on the winner
+1 point for a "perfect win" with no unsaved wounds taken.

I had a bit of a chat with a dwarf at the bugman's brewery forum and we decided the above was a little bit fairer. It doesn't really affect the results of round 1 much (so I won't apply it retrospectively). It will be applied from round 2 onwards for the next 14 fights.

Thanks,
Sigmar

snyggejygge
25-12-2007, 11:52
funny as hell, keep ém coming!

FatOlaf
27-12-2007, 15:46
Absolute genius! Editing needs a bit of watching however, some rolls to hit dont make the final cut..
But I'll tune in again!

Sigmar
27-12-2007, 16:51
Wow, thanks for the great response FatOlaf.

I'll keep an eye on the editing, MovieMaker has a habit of occassionally cutting frames and it depends on how much patience (or how sober I am) whether I have the resolve to go back and edit before posting the final version.

Your comments have spurred me on though, so I'll be posting again this week.

Thanks again,
Sigmar

FatOlaf
27-12-2007, 17:27
Your comments have spurred me on though, so I'll be posting again this week.

Thanks again,
Sigmar

Great to hear, look forward to it. I have forwarded on the link to the rest of my gaming group, so expect more viewers...

Ward.
01-01-2008, 05:04
This reminds me of that show with the plastic cowboys and Indians, personally I'd prefer to hear heavier sounding applause at the end but it's not a major thing.

Sigmar
30-01-2008, 06:59
Hi there folks.

Video fight 8 is now online (see the bottom of my blogsite)

http://battlereporter.blogspot.com

FatOlaf
30-01-2008, 17:38
Great fight, been a while... Can that Thane be beaten?

Sigmar
30-01-2008, 20:49
http://bp1.blogger.com/_ts1HdLGjywM/R4fKj1Vd6zI/AAAAAAAAAlI/j6ONd3aWQe0/s320/DSCF2456.jpg

Hi FatOlaf, you're right, it has been a bit of a wait. Sorry about that.

I'm back into it now so hopefully a video a week from now on until conclusion.

What a lot of people are forgetting when they assume Thorgram has it all wrapped up is that he still has to face Lemmy and Gib Slicer & Dung Paw.

Lemmy, will be using Thorgrams armour and ward saves thanks to his Amulet of Protectyness. That along with his spiteful shield will actually make him harder than Thorgram.

Don't rule out Gib Slicer either.

Here are the stats...

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pAFgaHF3l4lCuIhwzx_GwOA

Sigmar
01-02-2008, 14:20
I've been busy folks, fight 9 is now online (and fight 10 in production)

Can Fla-shi the High Elf Commander knock Gib Slicer the Goblin Warboss off his bragging pedestal ?

http://bp1.blogger.com/_ts1HdLGjywM/R6M3heljtyI/AAAAAAAAArI/bvVrzWLcreo/s400/DSCF2492.jpg

click here and scroll to bottom of blog (http://battlereporter.blogspot.com/)

FatOlaf
03-02-2008, 10:57
Great stuff, keep em coming.... what rules do you use for generating heros's by the way?
We've started playing this at work and want a balanced fight..

ConfusedDad
03-02-2008, 16:56
What a fantasticly cool idea for doing battle reports! I love it!

Sigmar
04-02-2008, 20:08
Thanks Confused Dad.

Hi there FatOlaf, I can't believe you're playing this at work, do you mean betting on it ???! :)

Anyway,

To answer your question, I didn't have any particular character generation rules other than I tried to keep the points cost about the same (I slightly screwed up with the goblin because I originally made him a night goblin before I realised that they can only ride squigs and not wolves. So I switched him back to normal goblin, he cost a little bit more than the other characters but not much. All the others are about the same 124-127 pts I think). I think the goblin ended up at 136 pts.

I'll be posting fight 10 this week and fight 11 next week.

I hope you're enjoying it.

FatOlaf
05-02-2008, 15:54
Thanks Confused Dad.

Hi there FatOlaf, I can't believe you're playing this at work, do you mean betting on it ???! :)

No literally, taking a hero model each and playing behind the counter during the quiet patches, much fun!

Look forward to the next fight...

Sigmar
08-02-2008, 22:26
Well, here's the next fight...

XL Xhittz the Saurus Scar Veteran (Hero)

Vs

Charlie Brunsen the Human Empire General (Lord)

Will Charlie's hot head thaw XL Xhittz's cool ?

http://battlereporter.blogspot.com/#BattleRoyaleandVideos

a photo for posterity before the fight (http://bp1.blogger.com/_ts1HdLGjywM/R6uL2eljt4I/AAAAAAAAAr4/eMKH5yaLJzc/s400/DSCF2516.jpg)

AFoolProofPlan
08-02-2008, 22:41
How come Thane only has 2 attacks? Dwarf Thane has 3 base attacks.
Hand Weapon and shield would give him 2+ save in combat as well.
Unless of course you used different rules??!?

FatOlaf
09-02-2008, 11:02
Well that was short but sweet, keep em coming!

Sigmar
15-02-2008, 22:41
The next video scrap is online now folks.

Fight 11 :
Gobbo warboss "Gib Slicer" (and Dung Paw his untrustworthy Wolf !)
vs
Savage Orc Big Boss "Lemmy" (the gambling addict)

All the videos are at the foot of my blogsite.

FatOlaf
16-02-2008, 12:24
Another good one, keep em coming!

Sigmar
16-02-2008, 22:22
How come Thane only has 2 attacks? Dwarf Thane has 3 base attacks.
Hand Weapon and shield would give him 2+ save in combat as well.
Unless of course you used different rules??!?

The Thane does indeed have 2 attacks. I hope I haven't made an error (although I usually check the videos before they go online so I don't think I have).

Which fight were you referring to ?