PDA

View Full Version : 2000 mixed chaos

Slaaneshi Ice Cream
05-12-2007, 23:54
Heroes:

Exalted Champion, Mark of Slaanesh, Great Fang, Shield, Steed of Slaanesh

Exalted Champion, Mark of Slaanesh, Beserker Sword, Enchanted Shield, Steed of Slaanesh

CORE:

2 units of 5 horseman with flails and muscian

3 units of 5 hounds

5 chosen knights of slaanesh, full command, Rapturous Standard

SPECIAL:

7 Furies

Beastherd 12 Gors with Extra Hand Weapons/8 Ungors, Full command

5 Minotaurs, Mark of Slaanesh, Great Weapons

RARE:

3 Dragon Ogres with Great Weapons and Light Armor

A Giant

The total comes to 1947. I'm thinking about putting in a level one bray shaman with 2 dispell scrolls for magic defense. For that I could drop the chosen off the knights and maybe one minotaur. What do you think?

Makarion
06-12-2007, 00:53
I'm trying to figure how this is a legal list. Your cores indicates you need a mortal general, and you have only daemonic characters (none marked as general btw)...

Unwise
06-12-2007, 01:18
I figured he ment exalted champion rather than exalted deamon.

I can't imagine this army working without some type of magic defence.

It seems to me the list has no magic, no shooting and not a great deal of combat abilitiy.

There are only 3 combat units that can reasonably be expected to win a straight up combat (chosen, minos, dragon-ogres). The giant might bog down a unit with its stubborness and may win eventually.

Of the 3 units mentioned above, only the minos can afford to take even one casualty without their combat ability being very reduced.

What units were the two heros going in?

theunwantedbeing
06-12-2007, 01:51
You could drop the chosen status and a furie.
Although them being chosen is something nice to have.
So dropping the magic standard instead might be a better idea...same for the champion and an ungor.

That keeps the hitting power of the army withough sacrificing too much.

No magic defence isnt that problematic, it really depends on how much magic your opponent has to begin with and what spells he gets.
With such a quick army and the threat of 3 really heavy hitters and a giant you should be okay, but the scroll caddy will fit without too much of a change.

MEanBOb12
06-12-2007, 02:54
Theres also no subistence to this list. A lot of things can be taken out easily with the shooting and magic other 2000pt armies are bound to bring. Without some magic defense, and at least one decent sized unit to bulk it out, this army will get shot to pieces.

Briohmar
06-12-2007, 08:35
I don't really like it either. It seems to be lacking in all of the things that make a Slaaneshi list really good. Every one else's comments above are pretty well right on. The things that make a Slaaneshi list really good are the speed things, immunity to psych and magic. You really have minimized all three of those aspects, and focused this list more towards a Khornate build. What is the point of being Slaanesh if you're not taking the magic, if you're not carrying mounted 'nettes, If you don't have marked spawn, etc. You only have three hitty things without a lot of support, which means, like it or not, you're going to lose a lot of combats.