PDA

View Full Version : Just been watching....

Vesica
06-12-2007, 02:08
the 'mark of chaos' video and was thinking about how cool it would be to have a full film with that sort of graphics, so i decieded to see if anyone else agrees.

Also how come i hardly ever see threads on here discussion a wfb film.

Just Tony
06-12-2007, 04:27
I think the problem is the sheer number of races, and the way movies work, getting a whole bunch of them lumped into one side. Imagine Storm of Chaos, if you will:

On one side you would have Empire, Bretonnia, High Elves, Lizardmen

On the other, you'd have Chaos, Skaven, Orcs, and POSSIBLY Dark Elves

So probably 8 races, none done justice except MAYBE Empire and Chaos.

So every fan of the other six would be a little put off. And you'd have the general masses thinking that all those races were SUPPOSED to work together.

And seeing as how any director would BE a Warhammer fan, they kinda know their hands are tied.

As for me, I'd love to see an Adult Swim type CGI show. Hourlong episodes. And having the focus switch from army to army. If they could do it in such a way that they don't neglect any races, or better yet, could feature them as the main star of that episode, then I'd be all for it.

And also a question, since I don't have the big version of the rulebook, I was wondering...

In the last edition rulebook, in every fluff story that had High Elves in it, AND in every scenario in the nine scenarios in the back of the book, the High Elves lost pretty much everything. Am I the only one that finds this a bit disconcerting?

Sir Charles
06-12-2007, 05:04
With trying to include as many armies as possible they could make use of an ensamble cast of sort, at least for the "good armies." A group including probably a couple of Imperials as it would likely be set in the Empire with one being the main protagonist, a token Bretonnian Knight, a Dwarf warrior, and an Elf probably filling the role of either a mage or an archer depending on if it is a HE or WE. Conflict between the characters could be used to show that they wouldn't normaly ork together. Alternativly they could set it up like a WHRP party including the earlier mentioned group, have the Bretonnian be a KE or QK and just say hes still in the Empire after fighting in the SoC, or is there to fight in the SoC, depending on the setting desired. There are both dwarves and Elves living in the Empire so there inclusion could be explained that way. Probably chaos as the bad guys as they could then bring in HoC, Daemons, BoC, and probably even a brief skaven appearence. Sure that leaves out Orks, Undead, DE, Lizardmen, and Ogres, but they could always feature in the sequels. ;)
1st movie have the group coming together during the Storm fighting the Chaos related armies.
2nd have fighting some of Grimgors orks that are still hanging around.
3rd have wind up in Sylvaina somehow so come into conflict with VC
etc, etc,

Vesica
06-12-2007, 15:18
I like that idea just, something of a series would be great and hopefully would be a rushed ending and such.