PDA

View Full Version : Soul Hunger for Mount Also ?

Fulgrim's-Chosen
06-12-2007, 07:34
Perhaps a dumb question...but I'm curious if the Daemonic Gift "Soul Hunger", taken for a Khorne Daemonic Herald...(Daemonic Legion Hero-level character)...assuming he's mounted on a Juggernaut of Khorne....would result in both he (the Herald) AND his Monstrous Mount (Jugger) getting to re-roll their missed hits on the first round of combat (per the Soul Hunger effect) ?

This is something not talked about in the Hordes of Chaos rulebook, naturally, because at that time they didn't have the Daemonic Legion list yet and thus couldn't have a situation where a Daemon (eligible to get Daemonic Gifts) could also have a Mount of any kind . . .

I'm also curious because as we know with 7th edition...things like Frenzy, Stupidity, etc. all (now) transfer over to both parts of a Monstrous Model//Chariot if even one part of the unit/model has that "attribute"...hence my asking.

I'm thinking it's probably JUST the Herald that gets to re-roll the misses...but I figured I'd ask all the same. . .

T10
06-12-2007, 08:45
Soul Hunger only affects the character.

To elaborate: It is not psychology. That it should also affect a mount is merely wishful thinking.

-T10

Fulgrim's-Chosen
06-12-2007, 10:33
Wishful Thinking ? - perhaps ;) - but in terms of "common sense" - it makes (IMHO) more sense for a supernatural effect like "Soul Hunger" to permeate both the Rider who is emanating it as well as the rider's mount, which he is sitting on ...... compared to something like the Rider being a "Frenzied" barbarian and thus getting "an extra attack"....and because of that, the horse the Rider is on also becomes "Frenzied" and "gains an extra swing of its hooves" - etc.

--------

Another reason I ask is that it's basically the special condition "Hatred", except on the Daemon...and since Hatred is mentioned as one of the things that carries over to Mount from Rider, I thought they might have a similiar provision for this power. In any event, thanks for replying T10.

DarthBinky
06-12-2007, 15:14
It doesn't say it's a psychological effect, nor does it say that it's Hatred- it happens to work similarly, but it's not the same thing. So the psychology/hatred rules do not apply.

On the upside, you don't have to worry about the only (relatively minor) downside to Hatred, which is that you can't restrain pursuit.

theunwantedbeing
06-12-2007, 15:42
Only affects the character.
It would have to say "model" for it to affect the rider and mount.

T10
07-12-2007, 10:42
Only affects the character.
It would have to say "model" for it to affect the rider and mount.

So you mean the Crown of Everlasting Conquest grants the Regeneration ability to both the Lord of Chaos and his Dragon? That's pretty extreme.

-T10

Fulgrim's-Chosen
07-12-2007, 22:17
Yeah...that would (likely) become the most taken magic-item for Chaos Armies if that were the case !

(to T10's comment)